?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

general_lee

Quote from: JimStynes on November 05, 2020, 09:53:38 PM
I think it is time for Lennon to go. I can't see him turning this round and the confidence is at all time low. Rangers will walk the league at this rate. Stevie G is a well improved manager. The rangers team are full of confidence, playing well and very well drilled. And the thing about it is, the Celtic team has twice the stretch in depth that they do and arguably better players. I just can't see how Lennon changes this all of a sudden. It could be too late to turn it around if this goes on any longer. I'm not a Lennon hater like Angelo but I just can't see him turning it around. Which is a shame as he is a local fella and would have been great to see him delivering the 10iar
Agree with that. Angelo has a serious chip. But sadly after tonight there is no coming back. Lennon is a club legend and will always be in my eyes but his position is no longer tenable at the club. I hope the club now act swiftly.

Itchy

Quote from: straightred on November 05, 2020, 09:55:25 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 05, 2020, 09:51:03 PM
Quote from: straightred on November 05, 2020, 09:47:57 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 05, 2020, 09:45:19 PM
Quote from: straightred on November 05, 2020, 09:42:36 PM
Quote from: thebar on November 05, 2020, 09:35:09 PM
I really don't want to call a fella out but Duffy is awful or made look awful in that Celtic side...totally out of his depth.

the bigger joke is that people were saying it was bad for ireland and that he wouldn't be tested in Scotland. He has been shocking - there's no other way to describe it.

In fairness he has been shocking but he's better than that. Celtics problems are midfield. No steel, poor on the ball and on counter they offer no protection. Duffy can get better. Mcgregor for example can't

I'm sorry but thats nonsense. McGregor has tons of talent - Duffy hasn't.

Nope, he's a donkey. Look at 1st 2 goals tonight for a start. Looks average against average Scottish teams.
He's a midfielder that was back trying to cover for 2 centre halves that were posted missing..... again.
There's a load of things wrong at Celtic but he's not one of them. I don't know how this works out in middle of a lockdown but that should be Lennon's last game. He will never turn this around

Its not gaa lad with man on man marking. Midfielders are supposed to track back and not dive in like clowns. They are also supposed to keep the ball and create chances, they made zero in 1st half. Duffy has no pace but has lots of other good attributes yet Lennon has his team set up all wrong, trying to pass through teams with players who are not capable of passing. Last 2 goals game from horrendous efforts to pass the ball.

straightred

Quote from: Itchy on November 05, 2020, 09:59:05 PM
Quote from: straightred on November 05, 2020, 09:55:25 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 05, 2020, 09:51:03 PM
Quote from: straightred on November 05, 2020, 09:47:57 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 05, 2020, 09:45:19 PM
Quote from: straightred on November 05, 2020, 09:42:36 PM
Quote from: thebar on November 05, 2020, 09:35:09 PM
I really don't want to call a fella out but Duffy is awful or made look awful in that Celtic side...totally out of his depth.

the bigger joke is that people were saying it was bad for ireland and that he wouldn't be tested in Scotland. He has been shocking - there's no other way to describe it.

In fairness he has been shocking but he's better than that. Celtics problems are midfield. No steel, poor on the ball and on counter they offer no protection. Duffy can get better. Mcgregor for example can't

I'm sorry but thats nonsense. McGregor has tons of talent - Duffy hasn't.

Nope, he's a donkey. Look at 1st 2 goals tonight for a start. Looks average against average Scottish teams.
He's a midfielder that was back trying to cover for 2 centre halves that were posted missing..... again.
There's a load of things wrong at Celtic but he's not one of them. I don't know how this works out in middle of a lockdown but that should be Lennon's last game. He will never turn this around

Its not gaa lad with man on man marking. Midfielders are supposed to track back and not dive in like clowns. They are also supposed to keep the ball and create chances, they made zero in 1st half. Duffy has no pace but has lots of other good attributes yet Lennon has his team set up all wrong, trying to pass through teams with players who are not capable of passing. Last 2 goals game from horrendous efforts to pass the ball.
Come on. Look at Duffy for the 3rd. That's nobodies fault only his own. I'm a big ireland fan as well and i honestly thought he was better than this based on his performances for Ireland (i don't watch much english football). I simply didn't realise he was this poor.

As for Lennon he should never have got the job in the first place and the chickens have come home to roost

Itchy

I said he was shite tonight lad. No argument from me. But he will come good, others I've named are not able for it.

marty34

I agree with Angelo. He has been spot on. Lennon was the cheap option - yes man after Rogers to get Celtic over the line.

Quite a few times last season, especially in Europe, you could he wasn't up to it but Rangers have improved their system and structure this year.

As I stated, Lennon lost the changing room when he called the players out a while back and it's been down hill since then.  He'll always be a Celtic star but not at management.  Most Celtic fans would agree with this.

We all can be parochial about it and cut him slack cause he's from Armagh but, in this year of all years, it's not good enough.

One other issue, a top manager would have "rested" Duffy a few games ago to get his mojo back but Lennon kept playing him and it was clear to see his confidence is getting lower and lower.

Time for Desmond to get the cheque book out.

Angelo

Quote from: general_lee on November 05, 2020, 09:58:19 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 05, 2020, 09:53:38 PM
I think it is time for Lennon to go. I can't see him turning this round and the confidence is at all time low. Rangers will walk the league at this rate. Stevie G is a well improved manager. The rangers team are full of confidence, playing well and very well drilled. And the thing about it is, the Celtic team has twice the stretch in depth that they do and arguably better players. I just can't see how Lennon changes this all of a sudden. It could be too late to turn it around if this goes on any longer. I'm not a Lennon hater like Angelo but I just can't see him turning it around. Which is a shame as he is a local fella and would have been great to see him delivering the 10iar
Agree with that. Angelo has a serious chip. But sadly after tonight there is no coming back. Lennon is a club legend and will always be in my eyes but his position is no longer tenable at the club. I hope the club now act swiftly.

I don't have a serious chip at all.

I've been right all along and have got nothing but abuse and snide remarks for pointing out a few home truths. He's just not up a job of this magnitude, he should never have got it in the first place and the slow learners are not coming to realise this.

If anything people owe me an apology. We need a manager to come in and hit the ground running now. Someone like Allardyce who is flexible and pragmatic would be by my choice, he has a track record of taking on jobs where teams were in disarray and turning the corner.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

general_lee

You do have a chip. A Celtic legend and you have already picked his next club ffs. I think even illdecide will have a job on his hands defending Lennon after tonight.

clarshack

The only people backing NL after tonight would have to be friends, family or idiots.

rodney trotter

His signings haven't been great. In his previous spell VVD, Wanyama, Gary Hooper, Foster, Izaguirre were all good signings.

Angelo

Quote from: general_lee on November 05, 2020, 10:15:24 PM
You do have a chip. A Celtic legend and you have already picked his next club ffs. I think even illdecide will have a job on his hands defending Lennon after tonight.

No I'm being honest and frank. He was sacked by Bolton and Hibs before he got the job. He should never have got the job because he's not up to it. His next job will be a team in the third tier of English football or below or a small SPL club if he's lucky to get one.

Why exactly is he a legend? Larsson, McStay, Jinky, McGrain, The Lisbon Lions are Celtic legends.

Lennon was a fairly average player who was lucky to have played for a club like Celtic for so long. I don't mean that as a slight on him but he was probably the most disposable of all the regulars of the MON team.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

general_lee

Right ok Angelo, you don't have a chip. I just picked you up wrong.

illdecide

I've said previously lads I'll not defend him when it can't be defended as that was probably the worst I've seen, the writing is on the wall for him and he more than likely will be sacked. Not going to think about other managers until it happens but please, please not Sam Alderdyce.
The big surprise for me is how poorly Shane Duffy has played, a premiership player who makes Jack Hendry Look like Virgil VD. NL was in his last season and I for one had hoped it would have been a special one but it was not to be unfortunately. The next few days will be interesting...will the Board give to Sunday's game or tomorrow morning?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

paddyjohn

Quote from: illdecide on November 06, 2020, 12:01:26 AM

I've said previously lads I'll not defend him when it can't be defended as that was probably the worst I've seen, the writing is on the wall for him and he more than likely will be sacked. Not going to think about other managers until it happens but please, please not Sam Alderdyce.
The big surprise for me is how poorly Shane Duffy has played, a premiership player who makes Jack Hendry Look like Virgil VD. NL was in his last season and I for one had hoped it would have been a special one but it was not to be unfortunately. The next few days will be interesting...will the Board give to Sunday's game or tomorrow morning?

I hope they got the job done after the game tonight. He should of be told to go to Lennoxtown and clear his desk and feck off.

illdecide

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 06, 2020, 12:21:06 AM
Quote from: illdecide on November 06, 2020, 12:01:26 AM

I hope they got the job done after the game tonight. He should of be told to go to Lennoxtown and clear his desk and feck off.

And should they put it as nicely as you've put it? Hopefully when Celtic do it they are a bit more professional and show a bit of class which knowing the club they will, no doubt.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

NAG1

It is a tricky one for the Board here, as a observer of Celtic rather than a fan per se.

Getting rid of Lennon now is a massive gamble in the 10iar season, do they bite the bullet and do it now or hold on and give him the time to turn it around.

On the game last night some shocking displays, there is no way the team would have got away playing like that in front of live fans.

Two players look like they could have done a bit of damage in the game last night Laxalt and Frimpong down the wings but they had little or no support.
Rogic while pure quality at times gave the ball away constantly, Elhamed was shockingly bad.

Complete lack of drive and ideas, reminded me quite a lot of the United performance.

Big decisions to be made this weekend I would say.

Out of interest, who would be the candidates to replace him out there and available at the moment if they did decide to let him go?