Previous topic - Next topic

shark

Quote from: joemamas on August 28, 2018, 09:35:47 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 28, 2018, 07:55:35 PM
Quote from: joemamas on August 28, 2018, 01:10:29 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on August 28, 2018, 01:05:24 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 28, 2018, 10:12:22 AM
John Maughan the new Offaly manager

If he got it what was their shortlist? Eugene McGee, Mick O Dwyer and Tommy Carr. Talk about yesterday's man.

One bullet dodged. ;)

It gets worse. Tommy Tom Carr is apparently on the ticket as well.

There should be a separate thread for this from all radio listeners.

"Thank you Offaly county board"

He was with the Westmeath hurlers prior to this and was still on the radio. I presume he has the same role with Offaly - S&C coach.

AZOffaly

Quote from: shark on August 29, 2018, 08:57:35 AM
Quote from: joemamas on August 28, 2018, 09:35:47 PM

If he got it what was their shortlist? Eugene McGee, Mick O Dwyer and Tommy Carr. Talk about yesterday's man.

One bullet dodged. ;)

There should be a separate thread for this from all radio listeners.

"Thank you Offaly county board"

He was with the Westmeath hurlers prior to this and was still on the radio. I presume he has the same role with Offaly - S&C coach.

Yep, S&C. I'm skeptical about how two Army lads with a reputation for tough love will go down in a place like Offaly.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: LooseCannon on August 28, 2018, 08:45:01 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 28, 2018, 08:05:53 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 28, 2018, 07:59:14 PM

One bullet dodged. ;)

If it keeps him off the radio ye should do the decent thing and take one for the team

We should have paired him with Paul Rouse for Dinny's benefit so.

Why the hate for Rouse Dinny?

I find him to be a very likeable guy. He's a gentleman.
A REAL GAA man. Never took a cent in expenses, and he wouldn't manage a team other than his home county or home club.

Unlike all of Kildare's management teams in recent times.

He's a virtue signaler and he had opportunity to practice his virtues as a manager of Offaly Football but he bottled it. The kind of man who talks about values but can't live them. An Arsehole!!!

In saying that I did enjoy his book Sport & Ireland.
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Any sign of Sligo or Longford appointing Ros men?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

SLIGONIAN

Sligo should name manager within 2 weeks, apparently O Hara and Connerton interviewed last week. More this week. Maxi Curran and Pat Holmes mentioned.

Looks like OHara went without McGowan which would be seen as a mistake. Connerton has managed longford in 2 spells, surprised he would quit them to manage us though.

As long as Caroline Currid is involved Ill be happy, but I wouldnt count on it, long overdue her working full time with the her home county.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

macdanger2

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 29, 2018, 08:55:31 PM
Sligo should name manager within 2 weeks, apparently O Hara and Connerton interviewed last week. More this week. Maxi Curran and Pat Holmes mentioned.

Looks like OHara went without McGowan which would be seen as a mistake. Connerton has managed longford in 2 spells, surprised he would quit them to manage us though.

As long as Caroline Currid is involved Ill be happy, but I wouldnt count on it, long overdue her working full time with the her home county.

Who's Caroline C?

Syferus

That's almost like saying it's high time Chris O'Dowd came back to take over as the Roscommon goalkeeper, they're onto bigger and better things.

I doubt Sligo have the funds to be spending the money someone like Currid would cost on top of more basic coaching and organisational requirements.

AZOffaly

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 29, 2018, 09:02:23 PM

Who's Caroline C?

She's a sports psychologist. Apparently top notch. She's been involved in 4 All Ireland teams in the recent past, including Tipp Hurlers, Limerick Hurlers this year and Dublin as well I think?

Shamrock Shore

Word on the streets of Longford and its environs is that the job is Podgie Davis's if he wants it.

Davis was a star forward for a good spell in the 00s and got to a Leinster club semi-final with his club Fr. Manning Gaels. A disputed score effed up their chances of a final spot.

Gaels are now in a bit of a rut after being so dominant around that time.

Davis, if he takes it, would have lots of goodwill among all the clubs.

Jinxy

Serious player, I remember him well.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Orchard park

DuffleKing

I presume our Offaly brethren have taken in Maughan's interview on OTB ?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: DuffleKing on August 31, 2018, 08:58:50 AM

I'm not an Offaly brethren but from listening to a bit of it he thinks county football hasn't changed much since he last managed 10 years ago and has no plans to go defensive as he wants supporters going to the games to enjoy it.

DuffleKing

Yup. I'd be seriously worried if I were an Offaly man listening to that.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 31, 2018, 01:57:27 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on August 31, 2018, 08:58:50 AM

I'm not an Offaly brethren but from listening to a bit of it he thinks county football hasn't changed much since he last managed 10 years ago and has no plans to go defensive as he wants supporters going to the games to enjoy it.

He's bringing sexy back.