U17 Football Championship

Started by Itchy, May 04, 2017, 09:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Hope master Canavan has a good game.  1-02 to 0-00 so far. 

omagh_gael

1-06 to 0-05 at half time. We should be much further ahead and have let Meath back into the game. We're on 6 wides and Meath on two.

Blowitupref

The U17 All Ireland final will be played on August 27th in Croke park throw in at 12.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

RedHand88

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

twohands!!!

Tyrone 1-14 v Meath 0-10 just finished now.

Meath were always playing catch up to the early Tyrone lead.

Fair amount of wides/missed chances on both sides.

Declan

Went to Breffni to watch this last night as the club had a lad playing for Meath. Tyrone were a different class and the 7 points defeat flattered Meath who never recovered really from the early goal - keeper hesitated and corner forward took advantage. Tyrone very impressive and really well coached. All comfortable on the ball and without doubt young Canavan has the ould fella's genes and football brain - a joy to watch and a real team player unlike some superstars at underage level. Tyrone conveyor belt shows no sign of slowing down

thejuice

I was hopeful for this group of players but by all accounts the better team won. Perhaps we could have played better in some regards tactically from what I've read but ultimately Tyrone just had the edge in terms of talent in most sectors of the game.

Still two wins over Dublin, a win over Kildare and a Leinster title isn't bad going and from our current predicament at senior level if we could get similar results at adult level in a few years we'd be quite content.

Good luck to Tyrone going forward.  Already looking forward to seeing Canavan junior playing senior in a few years.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossfan

Ros v Kerry Saturday in Ennis.
Can we repeat 2006 or will it go along expected lines?
Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to make it so hopefully the lads will give me another day out in Croker.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Declan

QuoteI was hopeful for this group of players but by all accounts the better team won. Perhaps we could have played better in some regards tactically from what I've read but ultimately Tyrone just had the edge in terms of talent in most sectors of the game.

Juice - Young Morris from Nobber at FF is a smashing player - very powerful for this age groups but a bit one footed so it'll be interesting to see how he progresses. Also corner back from Ballinabrackey was excellent before he went off injured. 3 of the starting 15 are  still u16 and I'm told by those in the know that the current u16 crop are looking good as well. However I did notice that a few of the bigger lads seemed to struggle for pace but I think Tyrone are well ahead of their peers in Ulster as well from talking to a few of the red handers last night

AZOffaly

I've heard that the Meath U16s of this year are very strong alright.

Fuzzman

Declan, I've not seen this Tyrone U17 team yet (or any U17 football actually).
What type of game was it? I mean was it 15 v 15 lined out or did they play 13 behind the ball at times?

Declan

QuoteDeclan, I've not seen this Tyrone U17 team yet (or any U17 football actually).
What type of game was it? I mean was it 15 v 15 lined out or did they play 13 behind the ball at times?

Tyrone got men back alright when needed and played a sweeper so from my perspective "typical Tyrone" set up. However they dominated possession so much that they were going forward for most of the match and Meath really only threatened when they got turnovers on their 45 and gotr the ball quickly to their forwards - they really struggled to break though when it slowed down- tactically Meath had their top scorer v Dublin wearing 15 but playing as an auxiliary midfielder except stuck to the sideline- weird but probably trying to draw Tyrone out which didn't work.

Blowitupref

Semi final half time in Ennis.

Roscommon 1-6 Kerry 1-5