Circuit of Ireland

Started by lfdown2, March 19, 2008, 01:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfdown2

Any of ye know where i might find the route of this years circuit of ireland?

cheers

armaghniac

I hunted around on the websites for this e.g. circuitofireland.net and there doesn't appear to be any detailed indication of the route. It seems a pretty odd way to run things.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lfdown2

did that myself!

aye ket all together!

amallon

Its in round Mayobridge/Rostrevor on Sunday I think.  There are notices in the local papers about road closures.  
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

stpauls

best thing to do is buy the program for the event, it has the details of all the stages and tthe best routes in and out, along with the best vantage points for the stages. you can order them from the website above!

Candyman

www.circuitofireland.co.uk

asstated you can buy them from this site.....

Preliminary Details

Start: Newcastle Friday 21st March 12:00hrs
Finish: Sunday 23rd March approx 17:00hrs
Central Service in Newry.
HQ Sleive Donard Hotel.
Prizes given out at finish ramp.

Day 1 - approx 65 stage miles + 100 road miles.
Day 2 - approx 85 stage miles + 230 road miles.
Day 3 - approx 55 stage miles + 150 road miles.

Friday - International rally
Sat - International and national rally
Sun - International and national rally

Maybe Hank Everlast can shed some more light on this, he is in the know!!!  ;)

lfdown2

cheers though a tenner is steep enough for a passing interest, know its in round liatroim somewhere just wondering where, il check the papers!

stpauls

Quote from: lfdown2 on March 19, 2008, 02:49:53 PM
cheers though a tenner is steep enough for a passing interest, know its in round liatroim somewhere just wondering where, il check the papers!

probably a good idea, my da phoned last night to tell me that the local paper had details of the stages around home and Crossmaglen over the weekend, so i am sure the Newry Reporter and the likes will have something similar over the next few days.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: stpauls on March 19, 2008, 02:53:06 PM

probably a good idea, my da phoned last night to tell me that the local paper had details of the stages around home and Crossmaglen over the weekend, so i am sure the Newry Reporter and the likes will have something similar over the next few days.

It's on in areas of silverbridge (not crossmaglen) on Saturday - various roads are shut from something like 8am to 4.30pm.
Can anyone tell me at roughly what time I should go and stand in a field to look at it?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

gerry

Quotewhat time I should go and stand in a field to look at it?

maybe i am wrong pints, but you not anti rally
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

pintsofguinness

No gerry I'm looking forward to it, I think I was telling you others weren't happy.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

gerry

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 20, 2008, 07:26:43 AM
No gerry I'm looking forward to it, I think I was telling you others weren't happy.
good enough,  working so i not see it unfortunately
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

stpauls

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 19, 2008, 06:18:34 PM
Quote from: stpauls on March 19, 2008, 02:53:06 PM

It's on in areas of silverbridge (not crossmaglen) on Saturday - various roads are shut from something like 8am to 4.30pm.
Can anyone tell me at roughly what time I should go and stand in a field to look at it?

POG,

it will depend what time the first car is due on the stage, you can usually walk up the road up to half an hour before it is due on the stage.

Hank Everlast

Park firme is in Castlewellan

Have no real interest in friday and not exactly sure where the stages are...

Saturday stages are in omeath, cross, back to newry and then on to newtownhamilton, Keady, darkley and derrynoose, (the last three done twice which will include night stages)

Sunday stages are around castlewellan, banbridge and liatroim areas...

If the roads stay in the shape they are in now there will be plenty of (sidewards) action for the spectators!!

Candyman

Aye Hank ye may watch out for car 202 going sideways all day...  :D