Closing the gap in Leinster, between Dublin and the rest

Started by Unison, August 03, 2016, 11:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unison

I see the GAA, in their wisdom, in a effort to 'close the gap between Dublin and the rest' in Leinster are going to plough development money into Meath, Wicklow, Kildare and Louth. I was always of the opinion there were twelve counties in Leinster, but apparently not.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/15m-gaa-funding-boost-for-east-leinster-project-34934104.html

Laois will have to move to Munster, for allocation of GAA funds.

Unlaoised

I thought this was a Waterford Whispers Skit but its actually real.....

Unbelievable Jeff
LAOIS ABÚ

Tony

Disgraceful. Is anyone awake in Laois at all? Someone in authority will have to get on to those absolute crooks and get us in on that deal. We're also a commuter county and have seen a large population increase also in the last decade. We're crying out for more funding and badly need it. The likes of laois, offaly and longford need that money more than Dublin, meath etc. Absolute nonsense to give extra money to JUST those 5 Leinster counties.

south Laois

Jesus this is unbelievable. You couldn't make this stuff up!!! >:(

Unison

Laois delegates must have been asleep when this decision was being taken.

Andy06

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: Unison on August 03, 2016, 12:30:38 PM
Laois delegates must have been asleep when this decision was being taken.

Maybe they were tired after their long drive from Abbeyleix Road to Mountmellick Road?

Dave like the tv channel

I wouldn't give Laois a cent until (1) they had a solid plan (business plan?) in place and (2) most, if not all, the incumbents had stepped down to allow a vibrant, progressive group to take over.

Handing money over now would be like pashing it against the wall imo.

Unison

To add insult to injury, the project is being managed by Liam O'Neill!!

SCFC

There won't be a word said at the next county board meeting.

Don Draper

It seems we really did dirty our bib with the Nowlan Park thing. The GAA are nothing if not petty f**kers to a man.

High Fielder

The East Leinster Project. It even has a name. Good man Liam O'Neill. As a Laois man, you should be very proud to head up such a sham of a project. We're 50 miles from Dublin. In most countries, that would be considered part of the metropolitan. To be honest, I'm almost sick at being treated like the shit on the GAA's shoe.

Sounds like some form of discrimination to me. The GAA has a duty to promote games in all counties equally. Not just in the chosen few. Serve it up to them and show them up for what they are.

theskull1

"We're not going around with our heads in the sand. We need a marketable product to keep sponsors going and we need a marketable product to get supporters to come, you can't have those big gaps that exist between Dublin and the rest. This is an attempt to address that."

A real GAA man doesn't say stuff like this.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Unison

Quote from: High Fielder on August 04, 2016, 08:16:13 AM
Good man Liam O'Neill. As a Laois man, you should be very proud to head up such a sham of a project. We're 50 miles from Dublin. In most countries, that would be considered part of the metropolitan. To be honest, I'm almost sick at being treated like the shit on the GAA's shoe.

Jobs for the boys!!

redsetanta

Everyone having a good old rant here. It's an East Leinster projest. Are we classed as East Leinster? Maybe there's a Midlands initiative coming down the line. Offaly, Carlow. Longford etc will be feeling the same way about this.

On another note how is the funding going for hurling that the GAA promised a couple of years back?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi