All-Ireland Football Qualifiers 2016

Started by Tony, June 07, 2016, 10:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giovanni

I see that Paddy Power has, for some reason, shortened the odds on a Laois win quite considerably.

Maybe it's to do with the fact that they mightn't have their visas in time to travel down to Portlaoise...... ;D

welcomehome

minor football fixed for 06.07 2016...wed night in omoores park....

Unlaoised

So are we all set again for round two of Laois V Armagh....

I'm hearing Armagh are now well up for this and the 4 players who were due to travel abroad have stayed at home to play this game.

Laois are 1/2 on with the bookies which seems a very short price.

I think we will beat Armagh tho  and I'm looking forward to winning this game for the second time.

I hope the Laois lads get fired up for it.

Will O'Loughlin come straight back into the team...

I hope we get a few more supporters than we did the last day.....

LAOIS ABÚ

Tony

The last match could have gone either way, really, just a kick of the ball in it. Hence, I've no idea why we're warm favourites. Still, if we're up for this one, I predict a Laois win. Wouldn't surprise me in the least though if Armagh will be much better than they were the last day. Imagine the new lease of life after thinking you're out but then are right back in there. I hope our setup has these lads prepared for battle and ready to go from the 1st minute, as, by the sounds of things, Armagh are training very well and committed to this one. I believe in our lads - Laois by 2.

south Laois

Hopefully a good Laois crowd goes and supports the team. They may not be world beaters but put in a huge amount of work. For too long we've been outnumbered at home games.

Joeythelips

Again this will be a dog fight, not much between the two sides, I would not pay too much attention to the bookies odds, they had 1/7 for the remain side in the Brexit vote and we saw how that turned out, the market decided the price not the bookie, so the fact that people may be backing Laois to win does not make its so. 

SCFC

I believe we'll win again. The addition of JOL to the team will be a massive help.

blueandwhite1

I think it will be about whichever team improves the most. Both teams were absolutely dreadful the last day with us slightly better.

Very hard to beat the same team twice when both teams are about the same level. Hope our boys have their heads right.

Unlaoised

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on June 30, 2016, 08:24:26 AM
I think it will be about whichever team improves the most. Both teams were absolutely dreadful the last day with us slightly better.

Very hard to beat the same team twice when both teams are about the same level. Hope our boys have their heads right.

Looking back at the match again last night we worked very very hard to stop Armagh playing some of out tackling was immense and if we had to have converted the chances that were created on the back of this hard work then we would have won by 6/8 points...I hope the lads can keep the hard work up and I believe we can win it!
LAOIS ABÚ

Dave like the tv channel

This replay should never have happened. 30-60 seconds on the field, with no noticeable impact on the play and never touched the ball.

I hope our lads are angry enough to bury Armagh the way they should have buried the f***ers in the first game.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

No need for that  Dave, why do they become f***ers after we break the rules. They didn't break them, we did so live with it.
I don't like it no more than anyone else but you can't lay the blame on Armagh and start insulting them because you're mad with our management and the officials.
I think we were the better team last day and there should be no reason that we can't go and win this one again but lets win it on the field by playing better football and respecting our opponents,
Don't be letting yourself and Laois down by throwing out insulting comments like that please...
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Giovanni

We broke the rules. That can't be denied.

However, I don't accept that the full burden of responsibility should be on us and that everyone else benefits.

There are several officials who are supposed to be the guardians of the rules. They did not prevent the substitution from happening.

It is not clear what prompted the CCCC to make their enquiries about this but I doubt if the issue was raised by the GAA, by the match officials or by Laois...

I feel very sore about the way we were treated on this and I hope the players, management and supporters are too. I don't care if we don't win another game as long as we win this one.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

I agree with everything you say Giovanni, I'm just saying that there's no need to start insulting any other team or County for something like this.

I see the GAA have reduced the ticket prices for the game but someone should tell them it's football we're playing, not hurling..
QuoteGAA Football All-Ireland Senior Championship Qualifier Round 1A - Laois v Armagh REFIXTURE

O'Moore Park, Laois
02/07/2016 15:00

GAA Hurling All-Ireland Senior Championship Qualifier
Round 1A REFIXTURE
Laois v Armagh
Throw in: 15:00

Ticket Information:
Adult: €10.00/£8.00
Juvenile (Under 16 Years of Age): €5.00/£5.00

Giovanni

At least that's something.

Personally, though, I would have preferred to see them let the kids in for free.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Me too, and give them all a free hurl..  ;D  :)