Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunsilly King on November 29, 2019, 03:21:56 PM
I remember looking at last years list of transfers and and I think I counted 9 from Eire Og transferring to St Galls😳

Surely not....

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 29, 2019, 04:17:33 PM
I remember looking at last years list of transfers and and I think I counted 9 from Eire Og transferring to St Galls😳

Surely not....
thats probably a team folding. Eire Og struggle to field at juvenile level and are in amalgamations most of the time I think

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 29, 2019, 08:23:44 PM

Surely not....
thats probably a team folding. Eire Og struggle to field at juvenile level and are in amalgamations most of the time I think

Surely that doesn't help their cause. Poaching players isn't very sporting

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 29, 2019, 08:30:14 PM

Surely not....

Poaching?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2019, 08:30:49 PM

Surely not....

Poaching?

Yeah.

Jeepers Creepers

So what are we saying here that if a player wants to transfer to another club they should be refused entry?!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 29, 2019, 09:18:49 PM

Surely not....

Poaching?

Yeah.

So they were illegally stole from another club? Poaching definition, in case you are confused with players willingly changing clubs for their own personal reasons.

A bit unfair to say that or post that about lads you've no idea as to why. But hey carry on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2019, 09:55:37 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on November 29, 2019, 09:18:49 PM

Surely not....

Poaching?

Yeah.

So they were illegally stole from another club? Poaching definition, in case you are confused with players willingly changing clubs for their own personal reasons.

A bit unfair to say that or post that about lads you've no idea as to why. But hey carry on

Sure it has went on all week about Creggan so if you can't beat them, join them. 👍

paddyjohn

Also did that St Galls Burke's not play for McDermotts at underage before they folded?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 29, 2019, 11:03:04 PM
Also did that St Galls Burke's not play for McDermotts at underage before they folded?

He actually comes from a Mitchell's family which didn't have juvenile. But carry on

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2019, 11:17:18 PM

He actually comes from a Mitchell's family which didn't have juvenile. But carry on

Thanks for clearing that up for me mate.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 30, 2019, 06:46:31 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2019, 11:17:18 PM

Thanks for clearing that up for me mate.

Not a bother, knowing Sean he'd be happy to fill you in, with anything else you want to know ;)

Belfast GAA man

Mitchells no juveniles / McDermotts club gone / St Aggies, Eire Og , Colin gaels rarely can field at u12 upwards so kids going from them to clubs that can field is not poaching - the SW examples provided the SW posters were all from clubs that were fielding and look more like glory hunting

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 30, 2019, 10:03:56 AM
Mitchells no juveniles / McDermotts club gone / St Aggies, Eire Og , Colin gaels rarely can field at u12 upwards so kids going from them to clubs that can field is not poaching - the SW examples provided the SW posters were all from clubs that were fielding and look more like glory hunting

Surely that's a failing on the divisional board though, no effort in keeping clubs going and arranging games for them. Look at the blitzes organised every Sunday in SW and NA. St Endas only started to achieve success when they left SA and came to the SW and NA underage leagues.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 30, 2019, 11:57:44 AM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 30, 2019, 10:03:56 AM

Surely that's a failing on the divisional board though, no effort in keeping clubs going and arranging games for them. Look at the blitzes organised every Sunday in SW and NA. St Endas only started to achieve success when they left SA and came to the SW and NA underage leagues.

Was Sean Stinsons a failure of the SW boards having teams amalgamate? Or the current under age hurling amalgamation is that a failure of the NA board?

Who do you blame for the poor showing outside of Cargin for SW senior championships?

You're a laugh PJ, you SW ones were tearing strips out of yourselves on here and you thought I'll start a Belfast bashing post!

Your first attempt was pathetic as you couldn't even get the club right, your knowledge of Belfast clubs was summed up perfectly and your silly attempt at using St Endas as platform for upping the SW is wrong also and a disservice to the hardworking volunteers within that club who've set up a community Irish hub, has nowt to do with the SW and more about the geography and numbers in that area, and with the help of some blow ins  ;)

Hopefully more SW teams can push Cargin in the future but I doubt it