Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

I've no time for rte but unfortunately they are the national broadcaster so we are as well having them for us than against us. We will reap the benefits down the line.

Localexpert

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 27, 2020, 04:55:01 PM
Great to see Logan and dooher interviewed on rte! Starting on a very positive note.

Had to be better than that amateur shit show tyrone TV put together in the changing rooms  ::)

Ty4Sam

Quote from: Localexpert on November 28, 2020, 11:05:07 AM
Great to see Logan and dooher interviewed on rte! Starting on a very positive note.

Had to be better than that amateur shit show tyrone TV put together in the changing rooms  ::)

That was some embarrassment, echoey changing room, awful sound, scruffy interviewers, mundane questions. Of all the places they could have used in a multi million pound training centre they went to the changing rooms. Garvaghey was also referred to as 'Tyrone Centre of Excellence' a term very much refuted by Tyrone GAA. So amateur for a first official interview.

Jablue

Clonoe must have some money about them, bringing in mcgurn alonh with stevie mcdollar. I could see them going to division 2 in a few years.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Ty4Sam on November 28, 2020, 11:35:28 AM

That was some embarrassment, echoey changing room, awful sound, scruffy interviewers, mundane questions. Of all the places they could have used in a multi million pound training centre they went to the changing rooms. Garvaghey was also referred to as 'Tyrone Centre of Excellence' a term very much refuted by Tyrone GAA. So amateur for a first official interview.

It was really poor. Do they not have a media room where they could have held the interviews?
That was never a square ball!!

Localexpert

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 28, 2020, 10:29:59 PM

It was really poor. Do they not have a media room where they could have held the interviews?

No matter how bad it was the narcissist who runs it won't change his opinion on himself  ::)

Jim Bob

Quote from: Localexpert on November 29, 2020, 04:49:57 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on November 28, 2020, 10:29:59 PM

No matter how bad it was the narcissist who runs it won't change his opinion on himself  ::)

Ah now .....what did he do on ye?

inowbest

Any word about the u20 job? it has been very quiet. Was anyone nominated or is Paul Devlin getting it again unopposed?

omagh_gael

Peter Donnelly "I'm thrilled to be back. I wanted to stay last year and I was able to commit to it but things didn't work out... I just can't wait to get into it"

Teamtalk just posted this amount twitter and deleted it, discuss

trileacman

Players seemed glad of the change to Davis last season and I thought he was adding something different to the setup. For all the talk of moving on from the Harte era it's strange to see us move backward to an already tried coach.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Redhand Santa

One big regret on this season was that Davis didn't get a chance with the players. It sounds like he was top level that could have helped us close that fitness/conditioning gap with the Dubs. I think money would be a big factor in not keeping him. Having said that if we're going for someone internal in Tyrone Donnelly is as good as out there and I'm sure he'll do a good job - players seemed to like him previously too.

Club boi

Quote from: Redhand Santa on December 01, 2020, 07:50:23 AM
One big regret on this season was that Davis didn't get a chance with the players. It sounds like he was top level that could have helped us close that fitness/conditioning gap with the Dubs. I think money would be a big factor in not keeping him. Having said that if we're going for someone internal in Tyrone Donnelly is as good as out there and I'm sure he'll do a good job - players seemed to like him previously too.

Do you think P.Donnelly is doing it for free ??

GlenMan

Money was obviously the big factor.

Jonny Davis was on close to £10,000 a month. That's just not sustainable.

GlenMan

Quote from: the_daddy on December 01, 2020, 08:55:38 AM
Quote from: GlenMan on December 01, 2020, 08:47:43 AM
Money was obviously the big factor.

Jonny Davis was on close to £10,000 a month. That's just not sustainable.

I'm calling bullshit on that, that's not plausible.

He was around £500 a session from a reliable source. 4 sessions per week - 3 training and 1 game.

Obviously that's when the season was underway - January, February, March, October, November.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: omagh_gael on November 30, 2020, 10:39:39 PM
Peter Donnelly "I'm thrilled to be back. I wanted to stay last year and I was able to commit to it but things didn't work out... I just can't wait to get into it"

Teamtalk just posted this amount twitter and deleted it, discuss

Donnelly talking rubbish. He took a full time job (as is his absolute right) in a professional sport. He then came back saying he could work with Tyrone in the evenings (but only the evenings Ulster Academy didn't have anything on).

He basically wanted to stay with Tyrone via Zoom. Harte wasn't happy, understandably and days later Donnelly stumbled across the Monaghan set up?

Loves the cash.