Corcaigh v Ciarraí - Munster Final 06.07.14 - Parc des Franque

Started by Ciarrai_thuaidh, July 02, 2014, 01:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Thought I might aswell create a topic on our provincial final. Given Dublin v Meath is unlikely to be too competitive, Ulster final likely to be blankets galore and Connacht somewhere between unbearable and sensational (depending on who you listen to), this may well be the most watchable of the provincial finals.

Last (allegedly) football final in the crumbling kip that is current Páirc uí Chaíomh aswell.

TEAMS:

Ciarraí
1. Brian Kelly – Killarney Legion
2. Marc Ó Sé – An Ghaeltacht
3. Aidan O'Mahony – Rathmore
4. Shane Enright – Tarbert
5. Paul Murphy – Rathmore
6. Killian Young – Renard
7. Fionn Fitzgerald – Dr Crokes (C)
8. Anthony Maher – Duagh
9. Johnny Buckley – Dr Crokes
10. Stephen O'Brien – Kenmare
11. Bryan Sheehan – St Marys
12. Donnchadh Walsh – Cromane
13. Paul Geaney – Dingle
14. Declan O'Sullivan – Dromid Pearses
15. James O'Donoghue – Killarney Legion
Subs: Brendan Kealy (Kilcummin), Peter Crowley (Laune Rangers), Darran O'Sullivan (Glenbeigh-Glencar), David Moran (Kerins O'Rahillys), Michael Geaney (Dingle), Mark Griffin (St Michaels/Foilmore), Kieran Donaghy (Austin Stacks), Kieran O'Leary (Dr Crokes), Barry John Keane (Kerins O'Rahillys), Jonathan Lyne (Killarney Legion), Daithí Casey (Dr Crokes)

Corcaigh
Edit: Team named.
1. Ken O'Halloran (Bishopstown)
2. Michael Shields (St. Finbarr's) (C)
3. Eoin Cadogan (Douglas)
4. Noel Galvin (Ballincollig)
5. James Loughrey (Mallow)
6. Thomas Clancy (Clonakilty)
7. Damian Cahalane (Castlehaven)
8. Aidan Walsh (Kanturk)
9. Fintan Goold (Macroom)
10. Patrick Kelly (Ballincollig)
11. Paul Kerrigan (Nemo Rangers)
12. John O'Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
13. Daniel Goulding (Éire Óg)
14. Brian Hurley (Castlehaven)
15. Barry O'Driscoll (Nemo Rangers)
Subs: 16. David Hanrahan (Douglas), 17. Jamie O'Sullivan (Bishopstown),18. Tomás Clancy (Fermoy)
19. Conor Dorman (Bishopstown),20. Andrew O'Sullivan (Castletownbere),21. Ruairi Deane (Bantry Blues), 22. Colm O'Driscoll (Tadhg MacCárthaigh), 23. Mark Collins (Castlehaven), 24. Colm O'Neill (Ballyclough), 25. John Hayes (Carbery Rangers), 26. Donal Og Hodnett (O'Donovan Rossa)

Betting: Cork 4/6; Kerry 8/5; Draw 8/1 (not a bad bet actually)

P.S: The open paragraph, may or may not represent my actual views on provincial finals..it is merely intended to grab the viewers attention!
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Syferus

AZOffaly

Interesting to see Dec in at 14. Will he play there, or will he come out the field? It's a fairly raw Kerry team when you look at it in totality, especially when you compare it to the noughties team.

orangeman

Msgr. Horan

Bit of a shakeup alright from Fitzmaurice, hard to know where either team or at from the semis. Will the hurlers focusing on football for Cork for 2 weeks make that much of a difference.
Everyone keeps talking about Cork as being contenders but Cuthbert certainly doesn't seem to have much support amongst the grass roots so on balance i think Kerry might sneak it. Fitmaurice is better tactically than Cuthbert and confused the sh*ite outta Clare by man marking Podge Collins when he went back into the half forward line. He acted fast as well when Moran was getting roasted, no choice I suppose but some other managers might have dithered. Cork certainly have the forwards, rest of the team besides Aidan Walsh you would have to wonder about

Hardy

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on July 02, 2014, 01:46:33 AM
Given Dublin v Meath is unlikely to be too competitive ...

I can't agree with that. We fully expect Dublin to put it up to us as always.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

OP amended with Cork team named. No surprise Walsh starts, surprised at Cahalane coming in though. Mark Collins is very unlucky to be dropped really. Colm O'Neill must not be anywhere near fully fit or he would surely be in the team.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Dinny Breen

Jesus Cork have awful, playing against the wind and they seem to be going man to man, Jason Ryan would be proud.
#newbridgeornowhere

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 06, 2014, 02:34:28 PM
Jesus Cork have awful, playing against the wind and they seem to be going man to man, Jason Ryan would be proud.
they are unable to kick the ball accurately from the hand.
if an under 12 team were so poor you'd be embarassed

Jinxy

This is not the way Frank imagined the last Munster Final in the 'old' Pairc going.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 06, 2014, 02:36:07 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 06, 2014, 02:34:28 PM
they are unable to kick the ball accurately from the hand.
if an under 12 team were so poor you'd be embarassed

That pass from Paddy Kelly in the 1st half added time was one of the worse I have seen at this level and he was feted as a future footballer of the year a couple of seasons ago. Have a lot of sympathy for Brian Hurley who gets ball and three defenders nearly every time.
#newbridgeornowhere

joemamas

Cork should consider pulling out of championship after this 35 mins
The gaa better put on a quadruple header when ever they are playing in q/final

AZOffaly

Don't write them off yet lads. Declan O'Sullivan is giving a tour de force, and he might tire.

Sea The Stars

Yes baffling how playing against such a strong breeze they defend in so little numbers. Granted it might not be a tactic Cork have perfected but you would expect their half-forwards to have put in some kind of effort to disrupt Kerry's dominance in midfield. In the last 5 minutes they copped on at least.

The Cork goalie has never heard of a short kickout. I don't think they won one of their own kickouts from about the 5th minute and yet he kept booting it out. The Kerry full-forward line are roasting the Cork backs too. Maybe they should consider shaving as their beards must be slowing them down. What a slow full-back line!

I do remember however past Munster Finals being very different in the second half and maybe with the wind Cork can improve. They'll need to or else Kerry will run away with it.