Ger Brennan's prayers..

Started by Ciarrai_thuaidh, December 21, 2011, 04:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciarrai_thuaidh

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=159612

Had to post this...apparently Ger "prays for the safety oif teammates and opponents" before games?!

I wonder did he pray for Declan O'Sullivan pre AI final before nearly decapitating him?! Seriously though, what sort of shite is that to be coming out with? I think its highly ironic that he is one of the weak links in the dubs team as he is actually pretty reckless and has got quite a few red cards for reckless tackles in recent years! Opinions?
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

orangeman

It's Christmas - the season of good will to all men.

orangeman

I read about Ger Brennan - does a lot of charity and volunteering work - supposed to be really, really nice, genunie fella.

heffo

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on December 21, 2011, 04:34:48 PM

Had to post this...apparently Ger "prays for the safety oif teammates and opponents" before games?!

I wonder did he pray for Declan O'Sullivan pre AI final before nearly decapitating him?! Seriously though, what sort of shite is that to be coming out with? I think its highly ironic that he is one of the weak links in the dubs team as he is actually pretty reckless and has got quite a few red cards for reckless tackles in recent years! Opinions?

Well young Declan certainly wasn't praying for Rory O'Carroll when he dived to the ground and feigned injury after the two of them were tangling out by the Hogan stand and Rory got a yellow in the 1st half. I think Declan knows how to get by without prayers.

Donnellys Hollow

He is doing a postgraduate degree in Theology in St Pats in Maynooth.

He's a nice lad alright. Bit of a short fuse out on the field from time to time but he seems to have matured as a player recently.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

joemamas

Quote from: heffo on December 21, 2011, 05:37:21 PM

Well young Declan certainly wasn't praying for Rory O'Carroll when he dived to the ground and feigned injury after the two of them were tangling out by the Hogan stand and Rory got a yellow in the 1st half. I think Declan knows how to get by without prayers.

Not sure where Declan would get the time, as he spends most of his time on the field (along with Donaghy and Gooch) pissing and moaning to the Ref. So much so that I have gone from admiring their footballing ability to actually disliking them. I also have a slight feeling that this constant pissing and moaning is not lost on a lot of Referees.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Fail to see what this has to do with Brennan, but since you ,mention it, you're talking complete horseshit...Declan neither dived nor "feigned injury" in the AI final...he got a good kick off O'Carroll but let it be said it didn't.affect the outcome of the game in any way.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: joemamas on December 21, 2011, 06:40:40 PM

Not sure where Declan would get the time, as he spends most of his time on the field (along with Donaghy and Gooch) pissing and moaning to the Ref. So much so that I have gone from admiring their footballing ability to actually disliking them. I also have a slight feeling that this constant pissing and moaning is not lost on a lot of Referees.

Yeah great post, really answers the matter in hand...would you have moaned if this happened to a county man of yours in an all ireland I wonder?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1Gpir6kQXA#t=8m45s

Like I've said..this Ger Brennan had little to no influence on the AI final, but this is just total horse crap out of him and/or Hoganstand saying that.

joemamas

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on December 22, 2011, 03:56:34 AM
Quote from: joemamas on December 21, 2011, 06:40:40 PM

Yeah great post, really answers the matter in hand...would you have moaned if this happened to a county man of yours in an all ireland I wonder?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1Gpir6kQXA#t=8m45s

Like I've said..this Ger Brennan had little to no influence on the AI final, but this is just total horse crap out of him and/or Hoganstand saying that.

Thanks for illustrating my point, look at Cooper, then Donaghy ploughing in like a bull and finally Declan giving his two cents, all have become major whiners.

heffo

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on December 22, 2011, 03:43:06 AM

Fail to see what this has to do with Brennan, but since you ,mention it, you're talking complete horseshit...Declan neither dived nor "feigned injury" in the AI final...he got a good kick off O'Carroll but let it be said it didn't.affect the outcome of the game in any way.

There was absolutely no kick, it happened about 10 yards in front of me. O'Sullivan was on the deck for about three minutes. I'm not sure what "let it be said it didn't.affect the outcome of the game in any way." means.

downredblack

Quote from: orangeman on December 21, 2011, 05:27:03 PM
I read about Ger Brennan - does a lot of charity and volunteering work - supposed to be really, really nice, genunie fella.

He brought Sam to Erin's Isle last month and I would have to say he was brilliant with the kids and genuinely friendly to everyone - I came away thinking he was a top fella .

PAULD123

Ger Brennan is a great fella. Down to earth Drumcondra lad. He is a bit mad and good craic. I know he has delivered a fair few hard hits and quite a few illegal ones but as a person there is no harm in him. If you met him you would like him.

So long as it wasn't your face meeting his elbow

lynchbhoy

wouldnt have rated him before and still think he isnt a perfect chb, but he has grown into the position and role and had a great season imo.
its a tough game and the roughness he displayes is old school chb play and I like that personally.

off the field he might be a religion teacher and a bit of a religious lad, but he was apparantly a fantastic and warm speaker to a host of kids at a meeting for confirmation kids in a certain town a couple of months back.
Parents and kids alike all thought he was fantastic. Nice lad.

so fair play to him and best of luck to him.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 22, 2011, 01:36:58 PM
wouldnt have rated him before and still think he isnt a perfect chb, but he has grown into the position and role and had a great season imo.
its a tough game and the roughness he displayes is old school chb play and I like that personally.

off the field he might be a religion teacher and a bit of a religious lad, but he was apparantly a fantastic and warm speaker to a host of kids at a meeting for confirmation kids in a certain town a couple of months back.
Parents and kids alike all thought he was fantastic. Nice lad.

so fair play to him and best of luck to him.

Agree with this - would have pinpointed his short fuse (Leinster final 2009) and his poor distribution but he really worked on both and put in a good shift for the Dubs this year.

#newbridgeornowhere