Ger Brennan's prayers..

Started by Ciarrai_thuaidh, December 21, 2011, 04:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross matt

Quote from: INDIANA on December 26, 2011, 11:44:59 PM
Quote from: ross matt on December 26, 2011, 08:40:17 PM
Whatever about praying before matches he should have got down on his knees and offered prayers of forgiveness that he stayed on the pitch for the full length of this years AI final. Just watched it again there now on TV and I really dont know how he escaped a red card. More recklessness than thuggery to be fair to him though.

unlike kennelly

Indiana scroll back a few months and you'll see I gave due credit to Gilroy and the Dubs. Kennelly deliberately tried to take out Nicholas Murphy and boasted about it afterwards in a book and on Oz TV. Should have walked in the final. No arguments there but what has that got to do with Ger Brennan?

INDIANA

Quote from: ross matt on December 27, 2011, 04:12:54 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on December 26, 2011, 11:44:59 PM
Quote from: ross matt on December 26, 2011, 08:40:17 PM
Whatever about praying before matches he should have got down on his knees and offered prayers of forgiveness that he stayed on the pitch for the full length of this years AI final. Just watched it again there now on TV and I really dont know how he escaped a red card. More recklessness than thuggery to be fair to him though.

unlike kennelly

The hypocrisy involved from Kerry-fans. They are happy to point out other incidents without ever referring to the litany of incidents they have been involved in.

Indiana scroll back a few months and you'll see I gave due credit to Gilroy and the Dubs. Kennelly deliberately tried to take out Nicholas Murphy and boasted about it afterwards in a book and on Oz TV. Should have walked in the final. No arguments there but what has that got to do with Ger Brennan?

tyssam5

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on December 21, 2011, 04:34:48 PM
http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=159612

Had to post this...apparently Ger "prays for the safety oif teammates and opponents" before games?!

I wonder did he pray for Declan O'Sullivan pre AI final before nearly decapitating him?! Seriously though, what sort of shite is that to be coming out with? I think its highly ironic that he is one of the weak links in the dubs team as he is actually pretty reckless and has got quite a few red cards for reckless tackles in recent years! Opinions?

I think religion is a load of shite, but I think your comment is as well.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Takes his faith seriously...no harm in that ................... ciarrai chap I think you need to start getting back to mass  ;)

Besides he loves Mary...................

Michael Schmeichal

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 23, 2011, 11:34:43 PM
Look, don't be getting your shiny tracksuit in a twist just because someone called out your Ger  "thug for Jesus "  Brennan.
God you Dubs are soft as f**k. It took you 30 years to fluke one over us and ye are already cracking at the first bit of slagging. You are unworthy of the title AI champions

And another thing. We outscored Kerry 1-3 to 0-1in the last 7 minutes of the All Ireland. In those crucial minutes we won almost every 50-50 ball and completely overran Kerry. It was no fluke. The best team won.

Secondly, Ger Brennan is a deeply religious person who takes his faith extremely seriously. He makes no secret of this fact. The comments he made were not bullshit but are consistent with his beliefs which are commonly known in Dublin GAA circles. While this religious stuff would not be my cup of tea I do admire his honesty and also his willingness to to stand up fpr what he believes in regardless of how uncool or unpopular this may make him. I also think it is wrong for annonymous posters on here to belittle or make fun of his beliefs.

Mike Sheehy

we will get revenge on you Jesus Freaks in Febuary !

Michael Schmeichal

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 05, 2012, 01:35:56 AM
we will get revenge on you Jesus Freaks in Febuary !

We've got God on our side. Ye haven't a hope.