Ger Brennan's prayers..

Started by Ciarrai_thuaidh, December 21, 2011, 04:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

By the way, for a bit of balance, Declan O'Sullivan is a great lad as well.

Mike Sheehy

Ger Brennan = Dubs answer to Tebow

heffo

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 22, 2011, 03:27:45 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 22, 2011, 01:36:58 PM
wouldnt have rated him before and still think he isnt a perfect chb, but he has grown into the position and role and had a great season imo.
its a tough game and the roughness he displayes is old school chb play and I like that personally.

off the field he might be a religion teacher and a bit of a religious lad, but he was apparantly a fantastic and warm speaker to a host of kids at a meeting for confirmation kids in a certain town a couple of months back.
Parents and kids alike all thought he was fantastic. Nice lad.

so fair play to him and best of luck to him.

Agree with this - would have pinpointed his short fuse (Leinster final 2009) and his poor distribution but he really worked on both and put in a good shift for the Dubs this year.

Would agree with most of that, needs to be cuter to cope with gamesmanship from the likes of Donaghy though - that could've cost us the AI..

Hill16 Blues

Met Ger recently. Very friendly pleasant guy!

He does ironically have short fuse on the pitch. Have to laugh at thought of him praying for opponents before going on pitch and then throwing digs at them. Think he appreciates the irony of this too!!

Spoke also couple of weeks back with couple of Dublin players who were of view that Donaghy had really p*ssed a number of Dublin players off in final. Strangely neither could recall that it was Brennan that got involved with him at the end when free was cancelled.

League game in February will be interesting!!!

Mike Sheehy

In fairness the Dubs teams of the 70's would have had that bit of thuggery about them as well so I suppose we can't fault the present crowd for trying to emulate their heros.

INDIANA

Quote from: PAULD123 on December 22, 2011, 12:12:06 PM
Ger Brennan is a great fella. Down to earth Drumcondra lad. He is a bit mad and good craic. I know he has delivered a fair few hard hits and quite a few illegal ones but as a person there is no harm in him. If you met him you would like him.

So long as it wasn't your face meeting his elbow

There would be something wrong with you if you didnt like Ger. unlike some of the others there is no chance of him getting big-headed or losing the run of himself.

Michael Schmeichal

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on December 21, 2011, 04:34:48 PM
http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=159612

Had to post this...apparently Ger "prays for the safety oif teammates and opponents" before games?!

I wonder did he pray for Declan O'Sullivan pre AI final before nearly decapitating him?! Seriously though, what sort of shite is that to be coming out with? I think its highly ironic that he is one of the weak links in the dubs team as he is actually pretty reckless and has got quite a few red cards for reckless tackles in recent years! Opinions?

Your a big man alright coming on here and annonymously sneering at a man's faith.

You'd probably want to start doing a bit of praying yourselves down in Kerry. An ageing team with little or no underage talent coming through. Ye are staring into the abyss and slagging off a young lads religious beliefs will hardly help matters

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Michael Schmeichal on December 23, 2011, 09:52:34 PM

Had to post this...apparently Ger "prays for the safety oif teammates and opponents" before games?!

I wonder did he pray for Declan O'Sullivan pre AI final before nearly decapitating him?! Seriously though, what sort of shite is that to be coming out with? I think its highly ironic that he is one of the weak links in the dubs team as he is actually pretty reckless and has got quite a few red cards for reckless tackles in recent years! Opinions?

Your a big man alright coming on here and annonymously sneering at a man's faith.

You'd probably want to start doing a bit of praying yourselves down in Kerry. An ageing team with little or no underage talent coming through. Ye are staring into the abyss and slagging off a young lads religious beliefs will hardly help matters

Look, don't be getting your shiny tracksuit in a twist just because someone called out your Ger  "thug for Jesus "  Brennan.
God you Dubs are soft as f**k. It took you 30 years to fluke one over us and ye are already cracking at the first bit of slagging. You are unworthy of the title AI champions

Michael Schmeichal

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 23, 2011, 11:34:43 PM
Look, don't be getting your shiny tracksuit in a twist just because someone called out your Ger  "thug for Jesus "  Brennan.
God you Dubs are soft as f**k. It took you 30 years to fluke one over us and ye are already cracking at the first bit of slagging. You are unworthy of the title AI champions

Ah, the mask slips. Mr Hail Fellow well met, sound Kerryman doesn't like the new order. Well get you better get used to it.
Slagging a mans faith is not right and you know it

Mike Sheehy

The new order   ;D

christ, I think I'm going to have some craic with you in the coming year !

Ciarrai_thuaidh

:-\ Yeah we really need to pray alright.

Listen, this isn't an anti-Dublin thing, I've lived there for a long time and know many good football people there and would often defend them in debates. This is just a spectacular piece of bullsh*t by Ger Brennan (who may very well be a nice guy who said this tongue in cheek or whatever) and that is merely what I was pointing out.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

INDIANA

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on December 26, 2011, 01:02:53 AM

:-\ Yeah we really need to pray alright.

Listen, this isn't an anti-Dublin thing, I've lived there for a long time and know many good football people there and would often defend them in debates. This is just a spectacular piece of bullsh*t by Ger Brennan (who may very well be a nice guy who said this tongue in cheek or whatever) and that is merely what I was pointing out.

The only thing that is bullshit is your waffle above. He's from my club and i know him personally.

You dont so you cant speak with any knowledge on the subject.

His faith is very important to him and for you to make a mockery of it as another keyboard warrior is pretty pathetic.

If I have to listen to another kerryman whingeing about that tackle after the tadhg kennelly incident........the height of hypocrisy

ross matt

Whatever about praying before matches he should have got down on his knees and offered prayers of forgiveness that he stayed on the pitch for the full length of this years AI final. Just watched it again there now on TV and I really dont know how he escaped a red card. More recklessness than thuggery to be fair to him though.

INDIANA

Quote from: ross matt on December 26, 2011, 08:40:17 PM
Whatever about praying before matches he should have got down on his knees and offered prayers of forgiveness that he stayed on the pitch for the full length of this years AI final. Just watched it again there now on TV and I really dont know how he escaped a red card. More recklessness than thuggery to be fair to him though.

unlike kennelly