Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Cant believe that needed explained but here we are 😃

thewobbler

Quote from: DownFanatic on October 28, 2022, 01:54:34 PM
Always wondered. Why on earth has Harry Kane never been their prime target?

Probably something to with Spurs finishing higher than United in most seasons since Kane popped up.

From the Bunker

Quote from: gawa316 on October 28, 2022, 10:00:40 PM
Creativity to...ye know create chances...not to play ring-a-ring-a-rosies

In fairness, you can do this in the oppositions half, in a second rate European Competition, against a third rate side.  8)

Cunny Funt

Quote from: thewobbler on October 29, 2022, 03:37:03 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on October 28, 2022, 01:54:34 PM
Always wondered. Why on earth has Harry Kane never been their prime target?

Probably something to with Spurs finishing higher than United in most seasons since Kane popped up.
Would think that to be the case given how poorly ran off the pitch and mediocre United have been on the pitch over the last decade but not so.

Harry Kane broke onto the scene in the 2014/15 season and in 8 seasons since then Spurs finished 5th,3rd,2nd,3rd,4th,6th,7th,4th in bold is the seasons they finished higher than United. 

bigarsedkeeper

Another good win yesterday I thought. Leaving a few goals behind when on top nearly came back to bite them at the end. That game would have been drawn or lost in the previous few seasons.

Martinez again is top drawer. Fair play to Rashford, Shaw, De Gea and Dalot for stepping up over the last few games. I had wrote them myself to be honest but they've all been very good.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on October 31, 2022, 09:41:21 AM
Another good win yesterday I thought. Leaving a few goals behind when on top nearly came back to bite them at the end. That game would have been drawn or lost in the previous few seasons.

Martinez again is top drawer. Fair play to Rashford, Shaw, De Gea and Dalot for stepping up over the last few games. I had wrote them myself to be honest but they've all been very good.

Matinez is outstanding but delighted to see an improvement in Dalot and seeing Rashford back to where he was a few years ago. Shaw would drive anyone mad, ability clearly there.

Fernandes and United average enough when Ronaldo starts, that isn't likely too change either. If United can beat Villa & Fulham they'll go into the break in a miles better position then anyone would have predicted. I'm hoping a top class centre forward will take us to the next level.

Armagh18

Uniteds run of form since the opening 2 defeats has been superb- if they'd won those 2 they'd be sitting level on points with City. Need to start finding goals from somewhere though as the goal difference is terrible. Will be sitting joint 3rd if they win their game in hand which is decent going

johnnycool

Has Ronaldo finally accepted his bit part role within the team now?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on October 31, 2022, 09:41:21 AM

A game Man United wouldn't have won in previous seasons. Martinez is so consistent in his performances all the more remarkable when one consider he's had a number of different centre back partnerships now. Dalot has been United's most improved player and it shows what a bit of coaching can do.  DeGea was a spectator for 80 minutes of that game but when call upon he produced a few top class saves that earned the 3 points for his team.

Truth hurts

whats the deal with Greenwood? Is he training at United ?

Cunny Funt

First defeat away to Villa since 1995 "you can't win anything with kids" and the same scoreline in both games.

Villa got their new manager bounce and United have have terrible record against Unai Emery managed teams. 2-0 down after 10 minutes it was as good as game over for a United side lacking in goals and today creativity with no Bruno, Sancho, Antony.  Odd that Donny van de Beek was given another start when so poor on Thursday. The loss of Varane keenly felt today also.

stiffler

Awful from Utd today from back to front. Ronaldo a passenger at this stage, not too many Utd men want to see him see out his contract at this point.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

trailer

Supporting these c***ts should come with a f**king health warning. Christ the night.

keep her low this half

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 04, 2022, 02:35:39 PM
whats the deal with Greenwood? Is he training at United ?
He was charged by the cops a few weeks ago so I wouldn't think so. Suspended pending the outcome of his court case.
There are rumours every few weeks on Twitter but that is all they are, nonsense rumours started by some random teenager on twitter

snoopdog

Utd will have games like yesterday. It was always a work in progress. There has been a big improvement but still a way to go. Squad a bit thin. Relying on mc fred and de beek for mid cover can't be long term. Brunos workrate cannot be questioned regardless of some of his end product. Ten Hag is the right man for the job. No BS he says it as it Is. He knows what he needs to get in and the positions needed for cover. Top 4 is a challenge but it seems to be for a few teams.