Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 26, 2018, 08:29:32 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 26, 2018, 02:42:05 PM
Any reds on here think we're good enough to win the league with what we've got?

I say yes. I believe there is only one squad in the league who has more talent and that's City and i've a feeling they won't win it this time. This time last year no one would have argued Liverpool had a better squad. They've made I think two important signings since, Van Dijk and the keeper. United have probably spent more on Sanchez, Dalot, Fred. However, several of their players have improved hugely under the managment of Klopp. Not one United player has improved in that time.

Id agree with that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 26, 2018, 08:36:52 PM

I say yes. I believe there is only one squad in the league who has more talent and that's City and i've a feeling they won't win it this time. This time last year no one would have argued Liverpool had a better squad. They've made I think two important signings since, Van Dijk and the keeper. United have probably spent more on Sanchez, Dalot, Fred. However, several of their players have improved hugely under the managment of Klopp. Not one United player has improved in that time.

Id agree with that
I'd agree. Plus look at the like of what Klopp is saying about Fabinho. Explaining why he doesn't think he'll get the best from him for 6 months while he adjusts to the premiership. All about taking the pressure off him and giving him time. Jose goes the opposite way. Complete contrast in managerial style.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

snoopdog

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 26, 2018, 10:05:03 PM

Id agree with that
I'd agree. Plus look at the like of what Klopp is saying about Fabinho. Explaining why he doesn't think he'll get the best from him for 6 months while he adjusts to the premiership. All about taking the pressure off him and giving him time. Jose goes the opposite way. Complete contrast in managerial style.
But klopp is yet to win anything.

trueblue1234

Quote from: snoopdog on September 26, 2018, 10:47:35 PM

Id agree with that
But they're improving. Playing good football and you can see players develop under him. Every year under Klopp there has been improvements. Getting to the CL final last year was clear progress and by doing it with attractive football is great for the fans. Getting to the CL final did more to raise Liverpool's profile again than winning a FA cup or league cup. The reality is it's the league and CL that matter. The cups would be nice but winning one won't help in the long run if your not getting closer in the other two.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 26, 2018, 10:59:07 PM

Id agree with that
But they're improving. Playing good football and you can see players develop under him. Every year under Klopp there has been improvements. Getting to the CL final last year was clear progress and by doing it with attractive football is great for the fans. Getting to the CL final did more to raise Liverpool's profile again than winning a FA cup or league cup. The reality is it's the league and CL that matter. The cups would be nice but winning one won't help in the long run if your not getting closer in the other two.

I know it's a mute point, but they did finish x number of points above this more attractive attack minded team who play better football, albeit a million points behind City..

Carry on

Ps, I like Klopp
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Quote from: thewobbler on September 26, 2018, 02:04:46 PM
Problem here is that Moyes was Fergie's choice. If you can't trust the opinion of the club's most successful manager, therefore greatest "football man", who the f**k should you turn to?

Fergie worked a miracle that last year. How he won a league so commandingly with one player was astonishing. Anyone taking over was fcuked.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Carmen Stateside

Didn't give Moysie enough time

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 26, 2018, 11:13:29 PM

Id agree with that

I know it's a mute point, but they did finish x number of points above this more attractive attack minded team who play better football, albeit a million points behind City..

Carry on

Ps, I like Klopp

Moot not mute.
Carry on!

trueblue1234

Id agree with that

Carry on

Ps, I like Klopp
They did. Last year they had a squad stronger than Liverpool's. it could be argued they still do. Klopp's main failings was with regards to a keeper (if Liverpool had DDG last year they would have finished about United) and a centre half. While it looks like he's addressed those now, they could have been done earlier. But maybe he was prepared to wait on the right personnel rather than look a quick fix. But even his personality, it's a positive one. Maybe OTT sometimes but you can sense the players like him. I don't think that's the case at United. And it always feels like Jose is lining up his next excuse rather than getting his players to believe they are good enough.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: ONeill on September 26, 2018, 11:37:04 PM
Problem here is that Moyes was Fergie's choice. If you can't trust the opinion of the club's most successful manager, therefore greatest "football man", who the f**k should you turn to?

Fergie worked a miracle that last year. How he won a league so commandingly with one player was astonishing. Anyone taking over was fcuked.

His second last season with United they finished on 89 points without Van Persie so it was hardly miracle work to gain the same points total the following year with a in form striker added to the squad.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on September 26, 2018, 11:46:50 PM

Id agree with that

Carry on

Ps, I like Klopp

Moot not mute.
Carry on!

I know,  spell checked it differently but I'll not lose sleep over it.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 26, 2018, 11:51:46 PM
Quote from: ONeill on September 26, 2018, 11:37:04 PM

His second last season with United they finished on 89 points without Van Persie so it was hardly miracle work to gain the same points total the following year with a in form striker added to the squad.
But he was using an aging team at the time. A lot of class players with the clock running down. Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Giggs, Scholes, even RVP and Rooney. That's not taking away from the achievement but there wasn't a long term solution there. Signings in the last couple of seasons, apart from De Gea, didn't do much either. Moyes could of steered that ship much better though.

Boycey

Quote from: trailer on September 26, 2018, 07:41:21 PM
A complete red out needed. Manager and players. This looks like history repeating itself. When Busby left Utd veered from shit team to shit team for 20 years.
Jose has to go. Regardless if he's good enough or not, his conduct is not befitting of a manager of Manchester United.

Have they not had a complete clear out of manager and players twice already?? Are we just gonna continue this strategy til one eventually works

magpie seanie

The Pogba situation is an example of how absolutely crazy this has become. In the season where United won the Europa League and League Cup Mourinho was at pains to absolutely lionise Pogba at every possible opportunity. Pogba was palying the same as he does now....occasional flashes of his undoubted ability but poor workrate, concentration and professionalism. Effectively he was letting Pogba off the hook for not doing his job right.

Nothing has changed with Pogba's performances but the manager has done a total about turn.

Boycey

Whatever your opinion about Mourinho Seanie you can't think Pogba holds the high moral ground here?