Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: GaelTheGael on January 19, 2020, 01:08:41 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 19, 2020, 10:49:50 AM
Quote from: hardstation on January 19, 2020, 10:26:32 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on January 19, 2020, 09:28:09 AM
Was the referee as bad as Tyrones official twitter seemed to insinuate?
Only saw the last 15-20 minutes. Some mind boggling decisions. He blew Ronan O'Neill for overcarrying as he got through on goal. How he came by that decision is anyone's guess.

O'Neill may have overcarried and it was harsh in terms of what is generally let go in terms of steps but the thing was he was fouled on about 3 separate occasions as he made his way toward goal.

I didn't think the referee performance was too bad though but maybe that's more an indication of how little Monaghan offered and how comfortable Tyrone were all night.

The following players saw no action in the McKenna Cup:

Hampsey
Harte
M Donnelly
R Donnelly
McClure
Loughran
Bradley

3 of those are guaranteed starters and Bradley and R Donnelly would be strongly pushing for spots too.

Rory Brennan was not in the 26 for the last two games and Coney and McHugh were pulled from the squad last night, also no sign of Brian Kennedy and Mulgrew came off early with what looked like some sort of injury, we also know McKernan will miss the most part of the league.

So all in all we are probably down about 10 players or more for the opener against Meath, it's a good opportunity for some of the new guys and some of the players on the fringes in the past few seasons to make their claim. From what I've seen from the new call ups this year, they seem to be capable of holding their own, Quinn and Grimes are just out of u20 so I suspect they are unlikely to feature a whole pile this year and are more ones for the future.

Usually Harte would trim the squad after the McKenna Cup but with so many absentees this year I'd imagine he'll probably wait until the cessation of the league to look at it again.
Are Mattie Donnelly, Hampsey and Loughran long term injuries? Will they be available for any of the league games?

Mattie will be doing well to be back for the Championship. Loughran also underwent surgery do not sure on his timeline. Haven't heard anything on Hampsey officially but I think it's been said that he had surgery on an pelvic issue that was causing him some problems lad year.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

skeog

Be different game in Castleblaney.Banty playing a side that will be much changed in two weeks last night.

Angelo

Quote from: skeog on January 19, 2020, 03:33:36 PM
Be different game in Castleblaney.Banty playing a side that will be much changed in two weeks last night.

It was a strong enough side out last night for Monaghan but they wouldn't have the quality of cover that Tyrone have.

Two wins in our first two games should have us well on the way to safety.

the goal was on

Monaghan will have mc Manus playing which is always a massive plus for them. Add the 2 Hughes brothers, Fintan Kelly, jack mc Carron, mc Anespie , o Connell from start and it should improve them greatly. Tyrone I don't think will be adding as much quality to what was there last night.

Goals_Will_Come

St Mary's beat after Extra time today by UCD. That leaves Rafferty and Kilpatrick free and available for Saturday night. Hopefully see the two of them get plenty of game time during the league, could have a big impact this year.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: topofthesoil on January 20, 2020, 03:10:59 PM
Where has the Harte agenda gone now. Funny how things change when silverware is won.
Silverware? He won a pre season tournament friend.. not Sam.. Also beat a team who had atleast 6 of their best players on the bench

GetOverTheBar

Anyway, now the McKenna Cup is done with moving to more important matters.

Not to be too dramatic, but Sunday v Meath surely must win considering the make up of D1 this year? Anything less and it's panic stations early on.

redhandefender

Where has the Harte agenda gone now. Funny how things change when silverware is won.

Wise up! I have given up giving out about him because nothing will change. Thsi year will be a disaster I have no doubt, there is no way that it can be said we are moving in a forward direction!

southtyronegael

Jesus redhandefender, you were giving me stick on here a few years ago for giving out about harte! Why the big turnaround?

southtyronegael

IL assume this is a windup.

Goals_Will_Come

Starting 15 V Meath:
1. Niall Morgan
2. HP McGeary
3. Ronan McNammee (C)
4. Liam Rafferty
5. Michael Cassidy
6. Rory Brennan
7. Tiernan McCann
8. Colm Cavanagh
9. Conn Kilpatrick
10. Conor Meyler
11. Niall Sludden
12. Darren McCurry
13. Kieran McGeary
14. Frank Burns
15. Ronan O'Neill

Art Mc Crory’s Sofa

Our strongest team bar the last two positions. Burns is not a Ff and RON isn't cut out for this level. I'd have Conan in FF before Burns who seems slightly more suited to the role.( but he's not the answer either).

Angelo

A lot of people seem to be impressed by Burns at FF so far but I'm not sold myself.

Think Ronan O'Neill deserves his start, not convinced he will be the answer but he's been in good scoring form pre season.

I thought Grugan was very poor last day out, would like to have seen Coney get a start at 11 and thought Michael O'Neill was very good the last day out and I'd preferred to have seen him there over McCann.

Hope to see Kerr off the bench, he has some genuine pace we are lacking inside.

Art Mc Crory’s Sofa

Quote from: Angelo on January 25, 2020, 01:25:27 PM
A lot of people seem to be impressed by Burns at FF so far but I'm not sold myself.

Think Ronan O'Neill deserves his start, not convinced he will be the answer but he's been in good scoring form pre season.

I thought Grugan was very poor last day out, would like to have seen Coney get a start at 11 and thought Michael O'Neill was very good the last day out and I'd preferred to have seen him there over McCann.

Id rather see Kerr start instead of RON. For all the abuse Harte gets its his loyalty to the likes of RON (who has never proven it at the top level) over the likes of Kerr (who could be a future star) that is hardest to take.

Angelo

Quote from: Art Mc Crory's Sofa on January 25, 2020, 11:00:46 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 25, 2020, 01:25:27 PM

Id rather see Kerr start instead of RON. For all the abuse Harte gets its his loyalty to the likes of RON (who has never proven it at the top level) over the likes of Kerr (who could be a future star) that is hardest to take.

I'd be one who would have thought that would have been it for Ronan O'Neill after he left the panel last year. He was an outstanding minor, probably the best in the country at his age group, a bad cruciate injury, the physicality of senior football and the changing nature of the game has meant he's never kicked out at senior level. Harte certainly can't be blamed for not trusting him or giving him a chance and I'd agree I'd probably have liked to see Kerr in there too.

However, Kerr is what, 22/23? It's his first year on the panel and he's also been involved in Sigerson which would have limited his involvement early season. O'Neill has been in good scoring form so far, I don't think he's the answer or will be but I think he has his starting place on merit tomorrow, between unavailable players and everything - we are not blessed with options in there.

I'd like to see McHugh and Kerr get their chances as I think they have more of what might be needed to be the solution than O'Neill has but for this game, O'Neill probably deserves his spot.

Any word on what the situation with Mark Bradley is? Is he carrying an injury as he hasn't been seen in a match day squad yet?

Is Canavan Jr likely to be involved this year?