Sligeach v Corcaigh - AIQF, 4ú Lunasa 2007

Started by Owenmoresider, July 29, 2007, 06:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yank

A Donnie, at heart, but headed to Paddy Rooney's Pub in Havertown to see if Sligo can come up with a free taker. My buddy from Gurteen is a nervous wreck. Most of the ching here in Philly going on Cork.....but I don't think so.

FL/MAYO

GalwayBayBoy

CK 1-2
SO 0-1

24 mins gone. Very poor match so far.

FermPundit

Quote from: FL/MAYO on August 04, 2007, 02:53:25 PM
Why was there a delay?

Tommy Murphy final went to extra time. Sligo are going sideways. They're taking far too much out of the ball.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

FermPundit

GalwayBayBoy

FL/MAYO

O'Hara not in it at all...Sligo forward line holding on to the ball to long and letting Cork get back.

INDIANA

no sligo forwards breaking the gain-line because they are all in their own half!
the talk of cork as being all-irelands contenders really is hilarious - cannon-fodder for tyrone or meath.
the toomy murphy final was better than this shite.

FL/MAYO

Ya I agree, its hard to score when you have 14 players back in your own half.

Maguire01

Shockingly poor and hard to watch. Sligo have absolutely no concept of support play and no direction. Cork also very poor. In my opinion, these are the two weakest teams in the last 8. Lets hope for a better second half.
Oh, and how many Cork people are at the game? From the sound of it, about 20!

FermPundit

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 04, 2007, 03:21:22 PM
Shockingly poor and hard to watch. Sligo have absolutely no concept of support play and no direction. Cork also very poor. In my opinion, these are the two weakest teams in the last 8. Lets hope for a better second half.

I was speaking to a Cork man about the poor support the county footballers get at big games and he told me 'sure Cork is a hurling county'. I always thought there was a big football following in Cork especially in the west of the county.

Maguire01

Quote from: FermPundit on August 04, 2007, 03:27:12 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on August 04, 2007, 03:21:22 PM

I was speaking to a Cork man about the poor support the county footballers get at big games and he told me 'sure Cork is a hurling county'. I always thought there was a big football following in Cork especially in the west of the county.

There's plenty of football support in Cork - look at the Munster Final. They just can't be bothered going to a quarter final against Sligo.

HowdyDoody

1-03 cork  0-02 sligo second half starting