USFC: Armagh v Tyrone @ MAG. 10/6/12

Started by our_fella, May 15, 2012, 01:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

I know its off topic - but its the target audience im after...
Just seen Tyrone minors at 4/6. I was actually expecting to see odds closer to 4/11 or 1/3

Tempted to go in heavy at 4/6, MAXIMUM bet style...

Whats the views on here in this match? Is my confidence in Tyrone minors misplaced??

BennyCake

Does a terrace ticket allow you to stand anywhere or are each side fenced off?

Abble

Quote from: God14 on June 08, 2012, 12:04:09 PM
I know its off topic - but its the target audience im after...
Just seen Tyrone minors at 4/6. I was actually expecting to see odds closer to 4/11 or 1/3

Tempted to go in heavy at 4/6, MAXIMUM bet style...

Whats the views on here in this match? Is my confidence in Tyrone minors misplaced??

what are you forming your assumptions on if you want to 'go in heavy' ?
minor football is as unpredictable as the wind and not the place ot be going in heavy i'd think
some are saying that the armagh minors at 6/4 are being overpriced.
have you actually seen either side play this year ?

Abble

Quote from: BennyCake on June 08, 2012, 12:19:17 PM
Does a terrace ticket allow you to stand anywhere or are each side fenced off?

you can access any terracing part of the ground with that ticket bennycake, everywhere except the main stand

God14

@ Abble

Obviously I havnt seen Armagh minors play. However they hardly set the world alight with their performances in the Ulster minor league? Played 3 with just the one victory. Hence the reason for the post - looking some insight or info from the armagh perspective

Tyrone minor team very strong, yes I have seen them play in the league. Plus well aware of them from Holy Trinity vocationals which I followed closely (due to family involvement), & McRory.

That 13/2 for the Tom Markham could look big come 3.30 on Sunday afternoon as well.
But as you say minor can be unpredictable

Orchardman

very little hype on the ground from talking to people. From working in a school, and chatting to my own team mates, it seems to be way down the discussion. I guess that's the modern championship. Myself, i havn't been to watch armagh in championship since the 2008 ulster final, but think i'm gonna head to it on sunday for a day out, can see us nicking this one if dyas gives harte a good chopping

Armamike

Quote from: Orangemac on June 07, 2012, 10:58:59 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 06, 2012, 09:46:39 PM
I wouldn't be expecting any last minute changes tbh, name your team & get on with it. Gamesmanship with Harte is pointless, only  going to be one winner.
Player for player you wouldn't say Tyrone are miles better than Armagh but if the game is in the melting pot (whatever that is) with 15 mins to go, it is hard to see Paddy outwitting Mickey Harte.

On the pitch this is Brian Mallons time to surely stamp his name on a championship if he is ever going to do it. He has been around since about 2004 but has always played 2nd fiddle to Oisin,Ronan Clarke and Stevie McD. He is now the most experienced forward we have.

We've been hearing that about Brian Mallon for a few years now! What age is he now - 28/29?  If he was going to show something it would have been by now.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Armamike

Armagh's biggest advantage going into this game (at least before Heaney spilled the beans - is he paying an informer for inside information or something?) is their unpredictability. Who knows what Armagh side will turn up on Sunday.  It's been the recurring theme under Paddy O'Rourke. Good one day, awful the next. Some of our young players up front will bring a bit of the unknown factor to Tyrone. A couple of them could really shine and make a name for themselves. On the other hand...  A win would be great but i think most Armagh supporters would take a lot of consolation from a good team performance and some promising individual displays from the newer players. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

Cold tea

Quote from: Armamike on June 08, 2012, 06:27:24 PM
Quote from: Orangemac on June 07, 2012, 10:58:59 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 06, 2012, 09:46:39 PM
I wouldn't be expecting any last minute changes tbh, name your team & get on with it. Gamesmanship with Harte is pointless, only  going to be one winner.
Player for player you wouldn't say Tyrone are miles better than Armagh but if the game is in the melting pot (whatever that is) with 15 mins to go, it is hard to see Paddy outwitting Mickey Harte.

On the pitch this is Brian Mallons time to surely stamp his name on a championship if he is ever going to do it. He has been around since about 2004 but has always played 2nd fiddle to Oisin,Ronan Clarke and Stevie McD. He is now the most experienced forward we have.

We've been hearing that about Brian Mallon for a few years now! What age is he now - 28/29?  If he was going to show something it would have been by now.

Would second that - hasn't done much in the past number of years.

Mike Sheehy

lets be honest...are any neutrals at all interested  in this ? ..... Such a boring fixture.

Thank god for Cork v Kerry.

armaghniac

Quotelets be honest...are any neutrals at all interested  in this ? ..... Such a boring fixture.

What a boring post.

I suppose not many neutrals would be reading this thread at all, but they even post in it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Oraisteach

Of course it'll be dead boring.  It's taking place at the Morg!

gortnaleck

What station is televising the game ?

everymanaman

Live on Network 2 as well to spare any viewer from listening to Sidebottom