Tír Eoghain v Dún na nGall

Started by tyroneman, March 18, 2008, 01:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: loughshore lad on March 31, 2008, 09:59:29 AM
Tyrone have problems from an attacking perspective seriously lacking incision and direction. All this talk of "we will be ok when everyone returns" is baffling. You have to go with what you have and unfortunately for MH he is seriously short of attacking options. People who think Dooher and McGuigan will waltz back into the team and everything will be ok again are deluding themselves. Both may never be the same again. McGuigan is obviously well off the pace and carrying an injury, the way Tyrone are using him is very questionalbe in my opinion.

Certainly agree that the forward line is a worry but there is no doubt that Mulligan and McCullagh would have started had they been available and would have improved the division greatly. Dooher and McGuigan are different (of course they wont waltz back into the team) but I dont think its unreasonable to hope they can return to something approaching their old form given time, after all Dooher turned in maybe his best ever individual Tyrone performance last summer after just coming back from a bad injury. To beat Donegal with a very inexperienced full forward line is a good result.

As for the use of Brian McGuigan obviously you know the scene on the ground there better than me but in the interview Brian gave a week or two back he said himself his aim was to play 10-15-20 minutes in the remaining league games to build up towards making more of an impact come championship time. Why is that questionable?

orangeman

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on March 31, 2008, 11:35:54 AM
Quote from: loughshore lad on March 31, 2008, 09:59:29 AM
Tyrone have problems from an attacking perspective seriously lacking incision and direction. All this talk of "we will be ok when everyone returns" is baffling. You have to go with what you have and unfortunately for MH he is seriously short of attacking options. People who think Dooher and McGuigan will waltz back into the team and everything will be ok again are deluding themselves. Both may never be the same again. McGuigan is obviously well off the pace and carrying an injury, the way Tyrone are using him is very questionalbe in my opinion.

Certainly agree that the forward line is a worry but there is no doubt that Mulligan and McCullagh would have started had they been available and would have improved the division greatly. Dooher and McGuigan are different (of course they wont waltz back into the team) but I dont think its unreasonable to hope they can return to something approaching their old form given time, after all Dooher turned in maybe his best ever individual Tyrone performance last summer after just coming back from a bad injury. To beat Donegal with a very inexperienced full forward line is a good result.

As for the use of Brian McGuigan obviously you know the scene on the ground there better than me but in the interview Brian gave a week or two back he said himself his aim was to play 10-15-20 minutes in the remaining league games to build up towards making more of an impact come championship time. Why is that questionable?

Brian seems to have an ongoing ankle injury ?

Both times that Brian has entered the field of play, he has been met with aggression - Mc Gee yesterday was particularly aggressive - there's no room for sentiment in football, but this was nasty !

ziggysego

Quote from: Zapatista on March 31, 2008, 11:03:34 AM
Anyone know where McCullagh was yesterday?

His wife went into labour.
Testing Accessibility

loughshore lad

Because based on what I saw yesterday I would agree with this:

Quote from: orangeman on March 31, 2008, 12:12:31 PM

He had his ankle heavily strapped yesterday and was obvioulsy struggling with it. He was not moving any where near as freely as he was in the couple of games I saw him play a few weeks ago. Its going to be hard enough for him to get confidence, fitness and sharpness back with out trying to play through yet another injury. Tyrone are desperate to get him back, I just didnt realise they were that desperate.

orangeman

Quote from: loughshore lad on March 31, 2008, 01:09:07 PM

He had his ankle heavily strapped yesterday and was obvioulsy struggling with it. He was not moving any where near as freely as he was in the couple of games I saw him play a few weeks ago. Its going to be hard enough for him to get confidence, fitness and sharpness back with out trying to play through yet another injury. Tyrone are desperate to get him back, I just didnt realise they were that desperate.

Obviously they are - Brian is saying that he has a very sore ankle - the injections have been tried again wothout success -

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Thanks for the info. I would hope that given the events of the last two years that he isnt playing through an injury. Surely if the player doesnt believe he is fit to play though then he wouldnt be involved.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 30, 2008, 04:53:20 PM
Is the highlights on later anywhere or were there any highlights?

brief highlights were on UTV sport today, you can watch it again from this link http://u.tv/newsroom/onairarchive.asp?pt=n it was broadcast on 31/03/08

As for the game, as mentioned above, of paramount importance was the 2 points, the negativity that you hear on this board can be quite depressing, come on, a couple of weeks ago we were close to relegation now we're looking at a slim chance of the play-offs!! I'm not sayin we're garunteed to be there or there about come sept but we are steadily improving!! So here's hopin for a huge performance against derry and make the push for 2nd spot!

orangeman

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on March 31, 2008, 07:13:55 PM

Thanks for the info. I would hope that given the events of the last two years that he isnt playing through an injury. Surely if the player doesnt believe he is fit to play though then he wouldnt be involved.

Brian Dooher said he wasn't fit for last years AI final - Brian wasn't fit for 03 final - certain injections used............. get the point now ?

Uladh

Those are fairly serious allegations orangemen and you'd need to be able to substantiate them. i find it hard to believe that players' health would be risked or even that players would be so easily  moved against their will

loughshore lad

Quote from: Uladh on April 01, 2008, 09:29:22 AM

Those are fairly serious allegations orangemen and you'd need to be able to substantiate them. i find it hard to believe that players' health would be risked or even that players would be so easily  moved against their will

Quote from: orangeman on April 01, 2008, 08:56:14 AM

Brian Dooher said he wasn't fit for last years AI final - Brian wasn't fit for 03 final - certain injections used............. get the point now ?

Cant comment on the Dooher point but the one about Brian McG is common knowledge

Goats Do Shave

Sean Cavanagh had injections for a league game last year v Cork!

The lad couldn't even feel his foot!!!!

Then he got abuse when he didn't perform!

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: orangeman on April 01, 2008, 08:56:14 AM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on March 31, 2008, 07:13:55 PM

I am aware of both situations but those were crucial championship matches. Somewhat different to play through injury for a league game and Id hope its not happening regularly, especially in the case of McGuigan who has had enough injury problems already.

Fuzzman

Lads Stop stirring up more SH*TE than we have to
What's the bets Paddy Heaney will do an article on this now when he's nothing else to write about.

When did God II do his ankle?
Has he no other nickname BTW

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Fuzzman

I'd say he doesn't wanna be known as The Prince

Can anyone confirm is the Derry match on at 7pm or 7.30 as its different on a few websites?