Budget 2013

Started by Donnellys Hollow, December 04, 2012, 04:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Rossfan

So true.
Then you have the reports of the Blueshirt backbenchers revolting over a proposal to increase the Social Charge on income over €100,000 p.a.
Shows where their interests lie.
If only those on income over 100k vote Blueshirt next time around they'll be lucky to get 5 seats.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

If you are in the middle classes then I suggest you go home tonight, lube up and get ready to be rode sideways tomorrow.

Nally Stand

€1 added to a bottle of wine. Good job Labour are in there to keep thise blueshirts in line eh ::)

http://irishelectionliterature.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/fgeverylittlehelps.jpg?w=646&h=451
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 05, 2012, 03:15:35 PM
€1 added to a bottle of wine. Good job Labour are in there to keep thise blueshirts in line eh ::)

http://irishelectionliterature.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/fgeverylittlehelps.jpg?w=646&h=451

The middle classes revolt....
#newbridgeornowhere

gerrykeegan

Went up to Tesco last night got 12 bottles of wine and they were doing 25% off. f**k you Budget!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Nally Stand

Quote from: gerrykeegan on December 05, 2012, 03:44:53 PM
Went up to Tesco last night got 12 bottles of wine and they were doing 25% off. f**k you Budget!

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Capt Pat

No big dramas in the budget today then? I was expecting worse.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 05, 2012, 05:05:20 PM

Is that not the strategy, Gov makes leaks, people expect the worst and then when it's not as bad as expected people think it was ok when in reality you're still get screwed for a few more dollars. Also the wine tax is a masterstroke it's all anyone seems to be talking about, not the property tax, not the PRSI etc etc but the bloody €1 on a bottle a wine that you can choose to buy or not!
#newbridgeornowhere

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 05, 2012, 05:12:16 PM

Is that not the strategy, Gov makes leaks, people expect the worst and then when it's not as bad as expected people think it was ok when in reality you're still get screwed for a few more dollars. Also the wine tax is a masterstroke it's all anyone seems to be talking about, not the property tax, not the PRSI etc etc but the bloody €1 on a bottle a wine that you can choose to buy or not!

Heard someone say that the €1 on the bottle of wine will have more of an effect on them financially than the property charge  :o
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Rossfan

Good oul Labour - gave in on increasing the Social Charge for those over €100k and then screwed the low paid by imposing PRSI on the exempt first €127 per week.
So the lad on €400 pw gets hit the same as the Blueshirt minister on €4,000+ per week.
Oh I nearly forgot - the €1m mansion tax - probably 100 houses in the country will fall into this category now.
John Kelly/ Frank Feighan and your cohorts - do not come near my door ever again ye shower .....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Declan

QuoteAlso the wine tax is a masterstroke it's all anyone seems to be talking about,

As decided by our masters in Montrose ;) Jaysus Goebbels wouldn't get a gig in there

muppet

Those of us who are trying to fund our own schemes for our retirements have been raped. I have many years left to go to retirement but already (after today's measure is introduced) I will have a huge tax bill to pay the day I retire. In today's money that tax bill will be more than the value of my house was at the top of the boom. I will either have to sell my house to pay it or hand over most of my self funded pension to pay the tax.

MWWSI 2017

Dinny Breen

Quote from: muppet on December 05, 2012, 05:30:58 PM

Those of us who are trying to fund our own schemes for our retirements have been raped. I have many years left to go to retirement but already (after today's measure is introduced) I will have a huge tax bill to pay the day I retire. In today's money that tax bill will be more than the value of my house was at the top of the boom. I will either have to sell my house to pay it or hand over most of my self funded pension to pay the tax.

The dead have arisen...
#newbridgeornowhere

Declan

QuoteThose of us who are trying to fund our own schemes for our retirements have been raped. I have many years left to go to retirement but already (after today's measure is introduced) I will have a huge tax bill to pay the day I retire. In today's money that tax bill will be more than the value of my house was at the top of the boom. I will either have to sell my house to pay it or hand over most of my self funded pension to pay the tax.

Bienvenu  ;)

And in more breaking news Ireland is emerging from its economic crisis, Finance Minister Michael Noonan declared as Budget 13, the sixth austerity budget in a row, got underway.
Mr Noonan said the economy was continuing to grow but still had a long way to go.

"There are manifest signs that the country is emerging from the worst of the crisis," he said.

I'm obviously living in an alternative universe