?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

screenexile

Quote from: theticklemister on February 13, 2018, 01:43:59 PM
Quote from: seanyb1 on February 13, 2018, 11:58:36 AM
McErlain says he will draft in reinforcements in the coming days.

who are these reinforcements likely to be?

From Tyrone

As long as they're not from the City I suppose that's fair enough . . .

theticklemister

Quote from: screenexile on February 13, 2018, 01:56:28 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on February 13, 2018, 01:43:59 PM

From Tyrone

As long as they're not from the City I suppose that's fair enough . . .

Ah suppose youse boys would class yourself to be from that part of the world rather than a big town in your own county.

JoG2

After the Longford game, Mackers said 'we'd like a bit more quality across the pitch but we are where we are at the minute. '  Well now is the time to add the likes of McGuckin ( a ball winning inside forward who'll make the ball stick), McBride (would have been one of the stand out defenders in this years club championship and him only back from injury), Heavron (one of the top footballers in Ulster) and Sean Leo. Add these men into the mix and start driving towards the championship. The season can definitely be turned around and we don't have to be heading down to Ballybofey (no disrespect to Cavan) thinking we have Everest to climb. Could be a mission persuading 1, never mind them all to rejoin right enough.

seanyb1

Quote from: JoG2 on February 13, 2018, 02:11:10 PM

After the Longford game, Mackers said 'we'd like a bit more quality across the pitch but we are where we are at the minute. '  Well now is the time to add the likes of McGuckin ( a ball winning inside forward who'll make the ball stick), McBride (would have been one of the stand out defenders in this years club championship and him only back from injury), Heavron (one of the top footballers in Ulster) and Sean Leo. Add these men into the mix and start driving towards the championship. The season can definitely be turned around and we don't have to be heading down to Ballybofey (no disrespect to Cavan) thinking we have Everest to climb. Could be a mission persuading 1, never mind them all to rejoin right enough.
aside from above names you have mentioned, what about the below? probably their clubs best players who have represented the county in the last number of years & have plenty of experience.
o'boyle - lavey
mc alynn - loup
nevin, suckie bell, mckinless - ballinderry
oisin duffy - foreglen
craig - dungiven
eoghan + decky brown - bellaghy

im sure there are more

JoG2

Quote from: seanyb1 on February 13, 2018, 02:34:45 PM

aside from above names you have mentioned, what about the below? probably their clubs best players who have represented the county in the last number of years & have plenty of experience.
o'boyle - lavey
mc alynn - loup
oisin duffy - foreglen
craig - dungiven

im sure there are more

I was conscious of Mackers rebuilding and going with new blood so didn't want to overload with additions. Bell yes, Craig flat out with the rugby, McKinless is off travelling shortly apparently . The rest would do a job, but imo, the ones listed in bold above should be added (if they'll rejoin) immediately to give the squad a serious injection

oakleaflad

Quote from: JoG2 on February 13, 2018, 02:53:24 PM

o'boyle - lavey
mc alynn - loup
oisin duffy - foreglen
craig - dungiven

im sure there are more

I was conscious of Mackers rebuilding and going with new blood so didn't want to overload with additions. Bell yes, Craig flat out with the rugby, McKinless is off travelling shortly apparently . The rest would do a job, but imo, the ones listed in bold above should be added (if they'll rejoin) immediately to give the squad a serious injection
Read an interview with Liam McGoldrick that he said he practically begged Sean Leo to rejoin but he wouldn't if memory serves me correctly. So it would seem he wasn't interested.
We have no full back line now Keenan is going until Slaughtneil are done. People will be playing out of position. Oisin Duffy should be recalled. Is McKinless going travelling too?

toby47

Quote from: oakleaflad on February 13, 2018, 03:15:39 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on February 13, 2018, 02:53:24 PM

o'boyle - lavey
mc alynn - loup
oisin duffy - foreglen
craig - dungiven

im sure there are more

Read an interview with Liam McGoldrick that he said he practically begged Sean Leo to rejoin but he wouldn't if memory serves me correctly. So it would seem he wasn't interested.
We have no full back line now Keenan is going until Slaughtneil are done. People will be playing out of position. Oisin Duffy should be recalled. Is McKinless going travelling too?

Yeah McKinless has a 3 game championship ban in club football so is for the states this summer. Also wouldn't surprise me if 1 or 2 of the others in bold wouldn't rejoin the panel after initially not being included in the squad. Also heard Craig is tied up with rugby. and to be honest I don't think any of the rest (not in bold) will make much of a difference except maybe Duffy - because we are so light in the full back line.

Keyser soze

Wile disappointing news, definitely think he needs to strengthen the squad now but it would be hard for people who were overlooked earlier to say yes now I would think.

lenny

o'boyle - lavey
mc alynn - loup
oisin duffy - foreglen
craig - dungiven

im sure there are more

Out of those Duffy would be a reasonable option. The others aren't good enough for that level. What about murphy from ballinascreen. He was looking good in the mckenna cup last year. Mulholland, Ohara and warnock from glen are options also. Swatragh and glen gave slaughtneil their toughest test in the championship last year so maybe james kearney from swatragh also. Mcnicholl from gelnullin another possibility.

Wildweasel74

Cant understand why Colm McGoldrick us not tried at full forward

restorepride

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 06, 2017, 12:50:35 AM
Quote from: restorepride on December 06, 2017, 12:25:14 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 06, 2017, 12:02:50 AM
Quote from: oakleaflad on December 05, 2017, 12:48:51 PM
Quote from: braveheart on December 05, 2017, 12:32:38 PM
Quote from: toby47 on December 05, 2017, 12:18:58 PM
Quote from: braveheart on December 05, 2017, 12:03:43 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on December 05, 2017, 11:55:34 AM
Quote from: Rawhide on December 05, 2017, 11:33:55 AM
Quote from: braveheart on December 05, 2017, 11:30:11 AM
A squad of 45 named in the new minor squad. Very noticeable the amount from South Derry on it-33 from South Derry,12 from North Derry. This squad has been picked by a Donegal man and a Tyrone man so no biased opinions this time

No surprise in that, south derry has always been where the football strong hold is in the county, your stating the obvious, however I fully take your point that it has been selected by a Donegal man.
Why does it matter where in Derry they are from? So long as the best players are picked I couldn't care less if they are from Bellaghy or Magilligan.
I was just stating the facts. It was very obvious and really stood out to me.

Take a look at the grading of teams from u14 to senior. More South Derry than North Derry teams in Divison 1 at every age group. Meaning the teams from South Derry are the stronger teams, because they have the better player and obviously if we are picking a panel of the best players their is going to be more from South Derry?

it's the exact same in the senior panel announced this morning.
Having read this post,isn't it ironic that the county training facility is in in North Derry and our County pitch is in Derry city. It makes you wonder. They invest so much money in the city yet all we have as a county to show for it so far is Neil Forester.
I'm not from the city but that's a negative post. There is some good work going on in the city and coaching at underage level in the city clubs has improved greatly. 3 city players on the minor squad just announced. There is a great opportunity to improve our Derry teams through the city and it is only beginning to be realised in my opinion.

45 is a ridiculous number. Even with the change to u17 there are far too many 2001s in there. Paddy Campbell will look after his own. The county is bending over backwards to push his club on.
Ye what? Pushing his club so much that they allow another club to form in the same catchment area? Please stop talking cac.

I take it you dint know city too well. Steelstown is in shantallow(although they'd like not to be). Culmore is not in shantallow. Anyhow sure they suck the poor wee Ardmores of this world to death whether by design or otherwise. How many steelstown players pass clubs closer to them?. They have 35 of a panel at most ages and don't make many subs. It only deprives lads an opportunity. Plenty to go around. They let? Wise up its not a nazi state we run. I speaketh no Cac good sir.
Above is how the most progressive club in the city is viewed with jealousy by others - in the city. Steelstown rises above the rest and let the moaning jealousy begin. Some pitch though.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 13, 2018, 06:50:51 PM
Cant understand why Colm McGoldrick us not tried at full forward

Strong man with stick or size 5

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: restorepride on February 13, 2018, 07:34:37 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 06, 2017, 12:50:35 AM
Quote from: restorepride on December 06, 2017, 12:25:14 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 06, 2017, 12:02:50 AM
Quote from: oakleaflad on December 05, 2017, 12:48:51 PM
Quote from: braveheart on December 05, 2017, 12:32:38 PM
Quote from: toby47 on December 05, 2017, 12:18:58 PM
Quote from: braveheart on December 05, 2017, 12:03:43 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on December 05, 2017, 11:55:34 AM
Quote from: Rawhide on December 05, 2017, 11:33:55 AM
Quote from: braveheart on December 05, 2017, 11:30:11 AM
A squad of 45 named in the new minor squad. Very noticeable the amount from South Derry on it-33 from South Derry,12 from North Derry. This squad has been picked by a Donegal man and a Tyrone man so no biased opinions this time

No surprise in that, south derry has always been where the football strong hold is in the county, your stating the obvious, however I fully take your point that it has been selected by a Donegal man.
Why does it matter where in Derry they are from? So long as the best players are picked I couldn't care less if they are from Bellaghy or Magilligan.
I was just stating the facts. It was very obvious and really stood out to me.

Take a look at the grading of teams from u14 to senior. More South Derry than North Derry teams in Divison 1 at every age group. Meaning the teams from South Derry are the stronger teams, because they have the better player and obviously if we are picking a panel of the best players their is going to be more from South Derry?

it's the exact same in the senior panel announced this morning.
Having read this post,isn't it ironic that the county training facility is in in North Derry and our County pitch is in Derry city. It makes you wonder. They invest so much money in the city yet all we have as a county to show for it so far is Neil Forester.
I'm not from the city but that's a negative post. There is some good work going on in the city and coaching at underage level in the city clubs has improved greatly. 3 city players on the minor squad just announced. There is a great opportunity to improve our Derry teams through the city and it is only beginning to be realised in my opinion.

45 is a ridiculous number. Even with the change to u17 there are far too many 2001s in there. Paddy Campbell will look after his own. The county is bending over backwards to push his club on.
Ye what? Pushing his club so much that they allow another club to form in the same catchment area? Please stop talking cac.

I take it you dint know city too well. Steelstown is in shantallow(although they'd like not to be). Culmore is not in shantallow. Anyhow sure they suck the poor wee Ardmores of this world to death whether by design or otherwise. How many steelstown players pass clubs closer to them?. They have 35 of a panel at most ages and don't make many subs. It only deprives lads an opportunity. Plenty to go around. They let? Wise up its not a nazi state we run. I speaketh no Cac good sir.
Above is how the most progressive club in the city is viewed with jealousy by others - in the city. Steelstown rises above the rest and let the moaning jealousy begin. Some pitch though.

You sir. Haven't a clue.  Pm me and I'll put you straight on a lot of stuff you seem ignorant of, or else incapable of understanding.I'm beginning to believe you are in superman jammies sucking on a big do do. Celtic park for the record is some pitch. You are the only person I've ever known to say otherwise

restorepride

You always take the bait.  Pm you?! Do you think this is a dating site?  Celtic Park is indeed a fine pitch but I would never abuse it to slag others, as you were trying to do on Sunday.  Until it backfired on you!  You sleep well now and dream you play for Steelstown.