Total Members Voted: 20

seanyb1

Quote from: lenny on February 08, 2018, 06:36:28 PM
Quote from: Waataboutyee on February 08, 2018, 01:16:56 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on February 08, 2018, 09:12:30 AM
Quote from: Waataboutyee on February 08, 2018, 08:35:54 AM
Quote from: braveheart on February 07, 2018, 09:45:53 PM
Quote from: Derry Optimist on February 07, 2018, 09:07:14 PM
After  the absence of a proper defensive system against Westmeath and the non existence of a meaningful attacking formation against Longford one would expect that in this week's encounter with Offaly that Derry will get the balance right.Anyhow with the necessity to get some points it is imperative that Derry will be more attack minded next Sunday. Our best points scorers will have to be selected.Provided all players are fit I would expect the team to be along the following lines.
             Ben McKinless
             Niall Keenan
             Kevin Johnston
             Ruairi Mooney
             Liam McGoldrick
             Michael Bateson
             Carlus McWilliams
             Conor McAtamney
             Emmett  Bradley
             Ciaran Mc Faul
             James Kielt
             Enda Lynn
             Danny Tallon
             Terence O'Brien
              Niall Toner
OMG
Not sure what your OMG means. Is he missing a lot of players or has reality kicked home ?

You can also take Ciaran McFaul out of that team now.
What happened with McFaul?
USA

If that's true it means there is a vacancy in the panel at half forward. Hopefully Damien will see the opportunity to rectify his mistake and will call up Danny.
Some chance of Heavron agreeing to join the panel anyway. Sure he initially told him he couldn't find a position for him in the first 15. pathetic excuse 

Real Talk

There seems to be an obsession with the Development Squads.  Yet the larger Clubs (particularly S Derry )  have not sent players to it.  Hence it is a meaningless project.  Scrap it and take a new  view on how best to improve the standard of our younger players .... it has be structured within the Club context .... not sure how .... but dragging players to Owenbeg is not the answer. 

How come the the 2 Swatragh minor mid-fielders were nor asked to join the Derry Minor panel last year yet were good enough to play for St Pats (ie A Tohill and J McAtamney)  ....

We need change done by 2/3 clued-in individuals to get the Derry show on the road again ....  and the leadership has to come from the/a County Chairman

greenlight

Quote from: Rawhide on February 08, 2018, 03:06:15 PM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on February 08, 2018, 01:36:10 PM
Just reading the Irish news it's absolutely brutal what PJ McCloskey has had to endure as a result of the injury he got against screen in the hurling last year

It was against Ballinascreen, and its clear from the article that he feels it was deliberate. Is this player still playing for Ballinascreen? Who was it?
No chance of anybody on here naming this thug, unfortunately
#NameAndShame

Keyser soze

Quote from: Real Talk on February 08, 2018, 10:49:52 PM
There seems to be an obsession with the Development Squads.  Yet the larger Clubs (particularly S Derry )  have not sent players to it.  Hence it is a meaningless project.  Scrap it and take a new  view on how best to improve the standard of our younger players .... it has be structured within the Club context .... not sure how .... but dragging players to Owenbeg is not the answer. 

How come the the 2 Swatragh minor mid-fielders were nor asked to join the Derry Minor panel last year yet were good enough to play for St Pats (ie A Tohill and J McAtamney)  ....

We need change done by 2/3 clued-in individuals to get the Derry show on the road again ....  and the leadership has to come from the/a County Chairman

That first paragraph makes a lot of sense.

The bits in bold.....an oxymoron  :D

Uncle Phil

Quote from: left peg on February 09, 2018, 08:23:52 AM
Conor McSorley from draoerstown was the culprit as per usual sent off more times than I care to remember. He uses thuggery to hide the fact he's not talented and has no spine for the 50/50 ball. I would assume draprstown should have handled this sort of behaviour as well as the county board as it doesn't shed great light on the club! Best of luck to PJ in his recovery from a horrific incident

"Ballsy hurling commentary for a Magherafelt man. Look, I've said it on here before. Every club has its idiots. The man you are referring to is one of them. A knob on the field and a bigger one off it. Irrespective of his reputation, it's important to stick to the facts. I know what the facts are, because I was there, and I saw what happened. Did you see the incident?[/b] " This quote from me in early September still applies. PJ is a good lad, and it's a terrible injury. Best of luck to him in his recovery. If the injury was caused in malice, it's abhorrent, and the player should never be allowed on a pitch again. But being at the game, it looked like a total accident to me. Most supporters from both clubs shared this consensus. One idiot's actions (or perceived actions in this case) shouldn't tarnish the club he plays for.

braveheart

Any thoughts on Sunday's team? A massive game Derry need 2 points but more than that we need a positive performance. Unfortunately I don't expect a big crowd. We are missing a trick,if these games were played in club pitches in south Derry ie. Glen/Bellaghy we'd get bigger more vocal crowds who'd actually act as the 16th man

lenny

Quote from: braveheart on February 09, 2018, 09:42:22 PM
Any thoughts on Sunday's team? A massive game Derry need 2 points but more than that we need a positive performance. Unfortunately I don't expect a big crowd. We are missing a trick,if these games were played in club pitches in south Derry ie. Glen/Bellaghy we'd get bigger more vocal crowds who'd actually act as the 16th man

I agree, if the match was in glen there'd be a great crowd and atmosphere.

oakleaflad

Team is what it is with who is on the panel. I think we actually need the points more than a performance in this one but at the same time if we perform the points should follow. Why are these people who would travel to Glen not traveling to Celtic Park? Do people from Gweedore complain as much about going to Ballybofey?

braveheart

Quote from: oakleaflad on February 09, 2018, 10:04:12 PM
Team is what it is with who is on the panel. I think we actually need the points more than a performance in this one but at the same time if we perform the points should follow. Why are these people who would travel to Glen not traveling to Celtic Park? Do people from Gweedore complain as much about going to Ballybofey?
11 out of the starting 15 players on Sunday are from south derry. Come championship time there will be 1 or 2 more from south derry starting on the team. The best players are from south derry. The best teams are from south derry. The biggest supporters are from south derry. The previous were all "facts".  So why,at the very least don't we play our national league games in south derry. Then,the team would get more support and play with extra pride whilst playing in front of big crowd.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: braveheart on February 09, 2018, 10:24:30 PM
11 out of the starting 15 players on Sunday are from south derry. Come championship time there will be 1 or 2 more from south derry starting on the team. The best players are from south derry. The best teams are from south derry. The biggest supporters are from south derry. The previous were all "facts".  So why,at the very least don't we play our national league games in south derry. Then,the team would get more support and play with extra pride whilst playing in front of big crowd.

Pile of balls hI.  So why when we play away and south derry wans have shorter distance to travel is it still mostly city and North Derry men in crowd. This south derry hype.  Fake news. Its not south armagh we are talking about here. Living in the 70s

oakleaflad

Not denying the bulk of the better players and stronger clubs are in South Derry. You didn't really answer my question though. Can't agree about the best supporters if they can't be bothered going to Celtic Park.

oakleaflad

Best of luck to Slaughtneil hurlers. Will be a seriously tough ask to get the win.

braveheart

Quote from: oakleaflad on February 10, 2018, 01:53:51 PM
Not denying the bulk of the better players and stronger clubs are in South Derry. You didn't really answer my question though. Can't agree about the best supporters if they can't be bothered going to Celtic Park.
It is very simple. Unfortunately Derry are struggling. Since the millennium we've been an average outfit and because of this numbers of supporters aren't willing to travel 1 hour to the city to watch more defeats than victories. Derry are missing a trick and an advantage by not choosing to take games to south derry. Yes they'd loose some revenue,but they'd gain a bigger support and players would appreciate that.

oakleaflad

Yeah fair enough. If the pitches are in good nick can see your reasoning. Slaughtneil going well so far

braveheart

Quote from: oakleaflad on February 10, 2018, 02:26:49 PM
Yeah fair enough. If the pitches are in good nick can see your reasoning. Slaughtneil going well so far
They are Great club players who all happened to be in and around the same age and so created a super team. It won't happen to many clubs the length and breadth of Ireland again.