TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: lurganblue on February 23, 2021, 02:02:49 PM
The Serpent is a quality show.  Another example of a person getting away with horrible acts as they prey on a group of people who weren't really cared about much at the time.

I enjoyed it too but he was a true narcissist without giving too much away at the end..

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: lurganblue on February 23, 2021, 02:31:57 PM
on zero zero zero. I know it's from the makers of Gomorrah but are they connected? do you need to have have watched Gomorrah first?

If I hadn't already watched Gomorrah before trying a few episodes of Zero, I never would have. 

Gomorrah's great.  Zero is pretty poor fare.  Even Gabriel Byrne is mailing it in.

screenexile

Bloodlands was alright last night. Nesbitt's overacting on the island was a bit strange but it has a bit of potential.

Charlene McKenna seems dead on but jesus she'd give the Priest with most boring voice a run for his money in Fr Ted!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnnycool on February 23, 2021, 02:32:32 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on February 23, 2021, 02:02:49 PM
The Serpent is a quality show.  Another example of a person getting away with horrible acts as they prey on a group of people who weren't really cared about much at the time.

I enjoyed it too but he was a true narcissist without giving too much away at the end..
Good but prob 2 episodes too long.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on February 23, 2021, 02:47:34 PM
Bloodlands was alright last night. Nesbitt's overacting on the island was a bit strange but it has a bit of potential.

Charlene McKenna seems dead on but jesus she'd give the Priest with most boring voice a run for his money in Fr Ted!
She can't help being from Monaghan!

JimStynes

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 23, 2021, 02:46:41 PM
on zero zero zero. I know it's from the makers of Gomorrah but are they connected? do you need to have have watched Gomorrah first?

If I hadn't already watched Gomorrah before trying a few episodes of Zero, I never would have. 

Gomorrah's great.  Zero is pretty poor fare.  Even Gabriel Byrne is mailing it in.

Zero was threatening to turn into a good show but just couldn't get there. Still glad i watched it but not fussed if they don't do another season.

screenexile

Quote from: JimStynes on February 23, 2021, 03:14:12 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 23, 2021, 02:46:41 PM

Zero was threatening to turn into a good show but just couldn't get there. Still glad i watched it but not fussed if they don't do another season.

Got as far as episode 3 then couldn't find another episode with subtitles... sounds like I'm not misssing out on much but I had thought it was interesting enough.

tbrick18

I thought the acting in general was woeful.
Decent storyline though.
Anyone remember Charlene McKenna in Pure Mule? It was a great show and she was brilliant in it.

JimStynes

Quote from: tbrick18 on February 23, 2021, 05:06:23 PM

Decent storyline though.
Anyone remember Charlene McKenna in Pure Mule? It was a great show and she was brilliant in it.

More or less what you said, acting completely crap. I don't like Nesbitt at all these days.

Silver hill

Quote from: tbrick18 on February 23, 2021, 05:06:23 PM

Decent storyline though.

Scooobie!!!
Mind it well, great show.

screenexile

Finished behind her eyes and thought it was good but now I think about it it's not it's shite and whoever wrote it can f**k away off!!

Main Street

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 23, 2021, 02:48:42 PM

If she's a McKenna, likely she'd be from Glaslough which doesn't count as being pure Monaghan due to an unfortunate proximity with Tyrone.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on February 23, 2021, 09:44:49 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 23, 2021, 02:48:42 PM

If she's a McKenna, likely she'd be from Glaslough which doesn't count as being pure Monaghan due to an unfortunate proximity with Tyrone.
She is from Glaslough. I take back what I said about her being from Monaghan.

Main Street

Shock news -- RTE  does the right thing, Tommy T's show gains a reprieve and is extended for another 6 shows.

screenexile

Hard to think of anything better at the minute he's very good at reading people and making a connection.

His interview with Brenda Fricker is one of the most interesting interviews I've ever seen!!