Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Donal Nugent will be a big plus for Antrim this year. He had a fine game on Sunday and will only improve as the year goes on. Great to see him back

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 18, 2019, 10:56:18 AM
To be honest the teams at the top are too strong for us. We would want a couple of wins and to avoid relegation. Final a big bonus.

Developing younger players a big thing I think too.

The teams above Antrim have been 4 or 5 points better, they managed to get their scores a little easier, we need to close that gap of 4/5 points and that's the target for any manager.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Westmeath or Laois were a good bit better. A much bigger gap than4 or 5 points.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 20, 2019, 06:12:13 PM
Westmeath or Laois were a good bit better. A much bigger gap than4 or 5 points.

They manage to score easier, we worked for all our scores against them, we need to be be that bit smarter during play, I've watched these teams and their use of ball is better but the results last year were close, there wasn't any hammerings.

The squad is far better this year and better than last few years to be fair, hopefully the results improve
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

The Laois game was a bit of a hammering. Westmeath were comfortably better than us too. I agree though- I think the squad is much better and some of the better players are very young so will hopefully have developed a lot from last year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 20, 2019, 08:00:31 PM
The Laois game was a bit of a hammering. Westmeath were comfortably better than us too. I agree though- I think the squad is much better and some of the better players are very young so will hopefully have developed a lot from last year.

We missed a penalty and they (Laois) scored 1-1 before we scored. We only played one half that day. But I get what you're saying, we are better than the results, starting to sound like Bannside!!

imtommygunn

:D I agree with being positive but we are a bit off the level of the top few teams in the Christy ring so to me we aren't going to win it and thinking that is unrealistic imo but we would want to maybe take a scalp of a bigger team and also not be fighting relegation on the last day. That would be success.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 21, 2019, 08:49:58 AM
:D I agree with being positive but we are a bit off the level of the top few teams in the Christy ring so to me we aren't going to win it and thinking that is unrealistic imo but we would want to maybe take a scalp of a bigger team and also not be fighting relegation on the last day. That would be success.

Joe McD cup is a cracking level for us, fighting relegation and nearly playing in the final shows you how the GAA have got it right, the most competitive competition and the best building blocks for div1.

imtommygunn

Sorry I meant the joe McD.

Yep fully agree - it has been a fantastic competition. For too long teams around our level have been left winning easy one day and getting annihilated the next. Works well and definitely something the Gaa have got right.

Milltown Row2

Nollag sona dhuit Aontroim gaels.

north_antrim_hound

Merry Christmas everyone
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

ah christ the reality check, back to work today!! lol hope you all had a good holiday
hurl like f**k boi!

saffman

2020 and hopefully a good year for the county!
McGurk final on sunday be a good pre-season game for our boys against down. Things seem to be shaping up well in terms of personnel back in the squad again etc
Best of luck to the St Endas team on saturday.
What do people think of their chances against the kilkenny side?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: saffman on January 02, 2020, 04:00:20 PM
McGurk final on sunday be a good pre-season game for our boys against down. Things seem to be shaping up well in terms of personnel back in the squad again etc

I think they will lose by 15

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: saffman on January 02, 2020, 04:00:20 PM

Chatting to a few lads from our own club, ballycastle and loughgiel and they are all loving the set up and the training. ive heard nothing but good things from the players and it gives good positive vibes to push on this year again.

The league will be competitive and hard, the Joe McDonagh is very competitive and hard to win and its a good place for us to try and improve. Look at the likes to Laois and Carlow and what they have done. it shows that it can be done when everyone is pulling the same way
hurl like f**k boi!