The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Quoteistill think they need a new left back, allowing agger to play in the centre. have never been totally convinced by skertl to be honest and carragher surely cant carry on playingas many games in a season as he has in the past

Yeah have to agree with you. Would favour selling Skrtel and partnering Agger with a more physical centre back like Hangeland.

gawa316

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 09, 2010, 10:47:34 AM
I agree that Agger isn't an ideal LB and you could play Insua in there still and replace Carra with Agger.  Carra and The Greek will be back up defenders with Ayala and Kelly but another LB is vital.  That is why I don't understand why they are chasing the Costa Rican guy when they shpuld be focusing on getting a top class LB. 

Pretty sure he's on his way back to spain on some type of loan deal, which is a pity because in the few maatches he played he looked decent, although maybe was let down by his smaller frame

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on July 09, 2010, 11:54:17 AM
Quoteistill think they need a new left back, allowing agger to play in the centre. have never been totally convinced by skertl to be honest and carragher surely cant carry on playingas many games in a season as he has in the past

Yeah have to agree with you. Would favour selling Skrtel and partnering Agger with a more physical centre back like Hangeland.
yeah i would like to see them getting someone like  hangeland or shawcross and wouldnt be too annoyed if they let skertl go as long as it was for decent money.
riera has to go aswell i think, can't warm to him at all.
woy might choose to keep babel and try and get something out of him, but i think he's been given enough chances.
think Masch will be the only high profile exit from anfield this summer.expect him to go to Inter
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 06, 2010, 09:39:36 AM
Question for Liverpool fans. Would you take £40-£50m for Torres, even from Chelsea, and £25-30m from Madrid for Stevie G, and just start again.

I think I would.

Good idea, you could try Olympic Handball next time.
MWWSI 2017

Quagmire

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 08, 2010, 02:18:00 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on July 07, 2010, 10:32:40 AM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on July 07, 2010, 09:45:10 AM
Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson is lining up a £13m move for FC Twente winger Bryan Ruiz.(Daily Mirror)

Has anyone heard of this guy!?

Would be an area we need to improve, but i think Roy can hopefully get the arm around babel and he can live up to his potential.  Rafa was never a man for doing this and Roy appears to have done this with Duff for example at Fulham and Zamora also. 

we def need to sign a left back i think that is the priority though there is a shortage of them out there, especially at a reasonable price.   >:(

Yeah he was one of the stars of the dutch league last year. Was probably Twente's best player. Scored a sh*t load of goals from a left wing/forward position.

Kuyt, babel, hmmmmm?  I know players must stand on their own merits but with Jovanovic commited and able to play that role surely £13 m would be better spent.  I know Benny is gone but we still have Maxi, Kuyt,Babel and at least for now Riera.  It would be better to get a strong LB and another out and out striker.  Let Nemeth and Pacheco get as much game time as possible in the Europa and Carling cup. 

As for Torres and Gerard, they will stay.  Neither had a good enough World Cup to really tempt anyone.  Sure enough Nando could be a first time WC winner but he has done feck all to get spain there.  Now if he scored the winner in the final all bets on him staying would be off!

Torres? Are you for real? He's came into the World Cup off the back of an operation on his knee... As much as a good world cup does not a good player make (Diouf), neither does a bad one....
He'll still be hot propery come August, a goal in the final or fluff an absolute sitter, his reputation is well made!

Kuyt was bought as a striker, play him there! The man has a knack of scoring important goals, he got huge stick when he went out to the right for being a workhorse and a limited footballer but was always good for a goal. His compatriot, Van Nistelroy was never a man to make the football connoisseurs happy but knew where the net was. Kuyt and Torres would do well up front, right midfield is where the hole is.

EC Unique

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 09, 2010, 10:21:09 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 09, 2010, 09:14:20 AM
guys, you never know, you just never know;

i mean we werent too bad season before last; admittedly we lost alonso, which is huge, but we got aquilani, rodriguez, and jovanovic since then; if we can get any fitba out of them, surely we'll improve;
babel, riera sittin there havin played v little last year too; c'mon woy, give them a hug ffs!!!

for some reason the wheels came off last year; maybe woy can get us back on track;
(and that doesnt mean i think we'll win it mancs, before you start)

I have to say I was afraid to post something like that for fear of being accused of being delusional by Dinny Breen and the Mancs.  But in many respects you are right.  There still is a core of fantastic players there if Roy can keep them.  Also with a fit Skertl, it will be like having a new player.  Also whoever wins the WC there will be players returning to the squad on a high(hopefully Torres to be honest).  Riera and Babel might improve with the right management, though I would not be sorry to see the back of Riera given his antics. Maybe with people's blindness about Rafa there may have been serious underlying issues with the players that will never be revealed.  I still think that if the big names stay, and Roy goes for some form of 4-2-2 or 4-4-1-1 then very few teams will beat this team

Reina

Johnson Skertl Carra Agger

Kuyt Gerard Masch Maxi/Jovanovic

Aqua

Torres

Oh Lord, here we go again :D :D

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: EC Unique on July 10, 2010, 09:33:24 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 09, 2010, 10:21:09 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 09, 2010, 09:14:20 AM
guys, you never know, you just never know;

i mean we werent too bad season before last; admittedly we lost alonso, which is huge, but we got aquilani, rodriguez, and jovanovic since then; if we can get any fitba out of them, surely we'll improve;
babel, riera sittin there havin played v little last year too; c'mon woy, give them a hug ffs!!!

for some reason the wheels came off last year; maybe woy can get us back on track;
(and that doesnt mean i think we'll win it mancs, before you start)

I have to say I was afraid to post something like that for fear of being accused of being delusional by Dinny Breen and the Mancs.  But in many respects you are right.  There still is a core of fantastic players there if Roy can keep them.  Also with a fit Skertl, it will be like having a new player.  Also whoever wins the WC there will be players returning to the squad on a high(hopefully Torres to be honest).  Riera and Babel might improve with the right management, though I would not be sorry to see the back of Riera given his antics. Maybe with people's blindness about Rafa there may have been serious underlying issues with the players that will never be revealed.  I still think that if the big names stay, and Roy goes for some form of 4-2-2 or 4-4-1-1 then very few teams will beat this team

Reina

Johnson Skertl Carra Agger

Kuyt Gerard Masch Maxi/Jovanovic

Aqua

Torres

Oh Lord, here we go again :D :D

What would you like Liverpool fans to discuss on a thread dedicated to Liverpool Football Club?
So what do you find so funny?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hound

Palermo have made a bid for Lucas:

Sporting director Walter Sabatini has confirmed that they would like to sign the ex Gremio player, telling TGS: "We made a first offer to Liverpool for Lucas. But I deny that we have offered €6m. That is too much."

GalwayBayBoy

Pepe the mad bastard leading the celebrations again. I'd say he'd be good craic on a night out. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOwiI0fgN88

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

muppet

Quote from: Hound on July 12, 2010, 08:26:53 PM
Palermo have made a bid for Lucas:

Sporting director Walter Sabatini has confirmed that they would like to sign the ex Gremio player, telling TGS: "We made a first offer to Liverpool for Lucas. But I deny that we have offered €6m. That is too much."

Apparently they offered a first touch, a compass and two hamstrings.

Liverpool accepted.
MWWSI 2017

supersarsfields

Poor auld Lucas always gets a hard time of it. I'd be happy enough holding on to him after last season. There's a bigger superstar midfielder who had a lot worse season than Lucas last season.

Declan

QuotePepe the mad b**tard leading the celebrations again. I'd say he'd be good craic on a night o

He looks like a good lad alright!!
http://www.marca.com/2010/07/13/futbol/mundial_2010/selecciones/espana/1278974476.html

Hound