Ulster Club SFC 2018

Started by oakleaflad, October 03, 2018, 09:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Scotstown haven't been playing well, and fortunate to beat Coleraine. Gweedore have been impressive.They deserve to be favs..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 29, 2018, 09:57:17 PM
Scotstown haven't been playing well, and fortunate to beat Coleraine. Gweedore have been impressive.They deserve to be favs..
Gweedore beat Cargin and an undisciplined Cross team..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rodney trotter

They were playing good stuff in the Donegal championship also. Plenty of  Inter County experience and the same as Scotstown.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 29, 2018, 10:35:22 PM
They were playing good stuff in the Donegal championship also. Plenty of  Inter County experience and the same as Scotstown.

Don't get me wrong I'm very impressed with their campaign so far, streets ahead of the teams they played and Cassidy has played the experience role up front well.. just feel they haven't been pushed too much and Scotstown has won without impressing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Schkite

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2018, 11:14:43 PM

Don't get me wrong I'm very impressed with their campaign so far, streets ahead of the teams they played and Cassidy has played the experience role up front well.. just feel they haven't been pushed too much and Scotstown has won without impressing

The odds seem to be very much based on the semi performances alright, I think Scotstown were shorter odds to win it outright before the semis than what you can get them at now just to win the final! Gweedore were live on tg4, shown doing a job on a big club name like Cross. Meanwhile Scotstown just about got over Coleraine less than convincingly. But that's a good scalp no matter how they got it, Coleraine are a quality team and probably didn't get enough credit from what I'd seen.

So based on their last showing, you could say it's fair to say Gweedore are favourites. But overall I'd still fancy Scotstown's chances, and them coming in under the radar somewhat and as underdogs will do them no harm. I feel as a team they've alot more to show than what we've seen already, and in Beggan they've one of the most influential players in the country this year playing at the top of his game. As a squad they've built up a good amount of experience at the Ulster club level now too. A repeat performance from the semis won't be good enough for them but I'd expect an improvement.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Schkite on November 30, 2018, 09:35:24 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2018, 11:14:43 PM

The odds seem to be very much based on the semi performances alright, I think Scotstown were shorter odds to win it outright before the semis than what you can get them at now just to win the final! Gweedore were live on tg4, shown doing a job on a big club name like Cross. Meanwhile Scotstown just about got over Coleraine less than convincingly. But that's a good scalp no matter how they got it, Coleraine are a quality team and probably didn't get enough credit from what I'd seen.

So based on their last showing, you could say it's fair to say Gweedore are favourites. But overall I'd still fancy Scotstown's chances, and them coming in under the radar somewhat and as underdogs will do them no harm. I feel as a team they've alot more to show than what we've seen already, and in Beggan they've one of the most influential players in the country this year playing at the top of his game. As a squad they've built up a good amount of experience at the Ulster club level now too. A repeat performance from the semis won't be good enough for them but I'd expect an improvement.

Beggan aside, the team has more Ulster experience than Gweedore, a few hard defeats over the years too which will stand by them.. Derry champions in Ulster do very well, its a tough enough championship to win and remember S'niel were good Ulster champions.

Though it will be a different final pairing for a change, which is great for the neutral.. Gweedore have a very good mix, they seem to have agreat purple patch in their games this year which wins them the match. just feel this game is a 50/50 game, possible draw

shawshank

Quote from: yellowcard on November 19, 2018, 04:01:37 PM
Just seen the Scotstown v Coleraine highlights, it was some kick again from Beggan to win it 5 minutes into injury time. Coleraine must be ruing those missed chances though.

You won't see too many goals better than McCarthy's goal and the second Coleraine one in this years club championship.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/gaelic-games/46227611

an absolute beaut, class. Coleraine blew that game, what a sitter to miss.

omaghjoe

I see that that only one Donegal club has won an Ulster Club before and that was an amalgamated ballyshannon budoran team.

FermGael

Wonder what ground is on standby for tomorrow ?
Serious rain and with Omaghs track record .....
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Milltown Row2

When was the last time a final didn't have a team from the 'wee' six in it?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Boycey

Milltown Row2

I fancy Scotstown for this game, though it could go to extra time

yellowcard

Very evenly balanced match with no shortage of quality given the conditions. Scotstown are happy to defend deep and play on the counter attack. Gweedore seem to have a bit more quality but they are being frustrated by Scotstown.

Could go down to the wire this one.

BennyCake

With Donegal not being able to have Murphy in MF and FF at the same time, the FF solution was staring them in the face - Big Cass.