Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Johnny Drama on July 04, 2011, 12:04:53 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 04, 2011, 12:44:53 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on July 04, 2011, 12:43:03 AM
Is the younger lad playing as well?? MF or where??

I was half joking.

I'm guessing that most clubsy wouldn't leave a county minor midfielder, particularly one who is big and can play, on the sidelines.

Conor played against kiltane yesterday, got 4 points too. I wasn't at the game i heard he was excellent

Two points actually, but he was very good.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

errisbeo

despite winning their first two games breaffy are pobably in the worst position of the 3 teams in group 2..a win by 6 points or more at home to ballinrobe would defo put kiltane through along with numerous other permutations and knockmore know a home win would defo put them through... whilst a breaffy loss even by a point would put them out..

Farrandeelin

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 07, 2011, 10:11:16 AM
I am just wondering about the possible scenarios for the club championship games in August and if anyone can shed some light on the situation?

There is a round of club championship games pencilled in for the weekend of August 7th but it all depends on how Mayo get on.

To my reckoning if Mayo win against Roscommon, they are in the All Ireland quarter finals,which is yet to be confirmed for a weekend in early August, either the 1st or 7th. I think this date is more likely the 7th which would push the club championship out another week to the weekend 14th? Or would it?

And if Mayo lose the Connacht final, they are have one (or two?) game(s) in the back door which, if they win, will also mean they are in a quarter final which means that that club fixture is pushed out again ? Or does it?

If Mayo win, they play on the weekend of July 30th/31st/August 1st. If Mayo lose it's that oul 6-day turn around (23rd of July I think.) Hope that clears it up for ya.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 07, 2011, 06:07:49 PM
I am just wondering about the possible scenarios for the club championship games in August and if anyone can shed some light on the situation?

There is a round of club championship games pencilled in for the weekend of August 7th but it all depends on how Mayo get on.

To my reckoning if Mayo win against Roscommon, they are in the All Ireland quarter finals,which is yet to be confirmed for a weekend in early August, either the 1st or 7th. I think this date is more likely the 7th which would push the club championship out another week to the weekend 14th? Or would it?

And if Mayo lose the Connacht final, they are have one (or two?) game(s) in the back door which, if they win, will also mean they are in a quarter final which means that that club fixture is pushed out again ? Or does it?

If Mayo win, they play on the weekend of July 30th/31st/August 1st. If Mayo lose it's that oul 6-day turn around (23rd of July I think.) Hope that clears it up for ya.

Thanks, so the club championship weekend of August 7th is set in stone unless Mayo draw a quarter final or something?

Chéad rogha

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 08, 2011, 09:12:30 AM

Thanks, so the club championship weekend of August 7th is set in stone unless Mayo draw a quarter final or something?

The way that draw went means its all up in the air again. Will now def be playin wkend 30th\31st in either a 4th round or a quarter final. If its a 4th round and we win then therell be a qf the wkend 7th August, pushing club championship games out again.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Chéad rogha on July 10, 2011, 07:16:22 PM

The way that draw went means its all up in the air again. Will now def be playin wkend 30th\31st in either a 4th round or a quarter final. If its a 4th round and we win then therell be a qf the wkend 7th August, pushing club championship games out again.

Bollix to that, so that means IF we get that far, it'll be semi-final prices we have got! (Because there'll be hurling on as well. >:(

Chéad rogha

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 10, 2011, 08:33:44 PM
Quote from: Chéad rogha on July 10, 2011, 07:16:22 PM

Bollix to that, so that means IF we get that far, it'll be semi-final prices we have got! (Because there'll be hurling on as well. >:(
Eh id gladly pay semi prices if we get that far......hoping that w're in the front door though...

Farrandeelin

Just letting ye all know that Knockmore won against Castlebar in the County Cup final on Friday. However, a word of warning to all concerned...the Mitchels had a half-team out and only lost to Knockmore by 6 points.

AbbeySider

Does anyone know what will happen club championship games next weekend?

southsider

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 31, 2011, 06:20:18 PM
Does anyone know what will happen club championship games next weekend?

going ahead this weekend as planned. James Horan requested for games to be postponed but county board not willing to

macdanger2

Matches coming up this weekend (odds from PP):

06/08/2011
19:00   Crossmolina Deel Rovers (11/10) vs Ballintubber (10/11)
19:00   Garrymore (1/2)    vs   Westport (15/8)

Treanlaur Catering Senior Football Championship Group 2
07/08/2011
16:00   Kiltane (1/2)    vs   Ballinrobe (15/8)
16:00   Knockmore (4/7)   vs   Breaffy (13/8)

Treanlaur Catering Senior Football Championship Group 3
06/08/2011
18:00   Ballaghadereen (6/4)   vs   Castlebar Mitchells (8/13)
19:00   Charlestown (1/4)    vs   Aghamore (3/1)

Treanlaur Catering Senior Football Championship Group 4
07/08/2011
14:00   Claremorris    (7/4) vs   Ballina Stephenites (8/15)
14:00   Tourmakeady (5/1)   vs   Shrule-Glencorrib (1/8)

Some good games but the likes of Ballagh, Cross, Ballintubber and Castlebar prob won't be trying awfully hard as they've already qualified and might well be meeting their opponents later in the championship.

Any chance of Aghamore sending Charlestown into a relegation playoff??

Farrandeelin

Crossmolina v Ballintubber. Verdict: Draw
Garrymore v Westport. Verdict: Garrymore

Kiltane v Ballinrobe. Verdict: Kiltane
Knockmore v Breaffy. Verdict: Knockmore

Ballaghaderreen v Castlebar. Verdict: Ballaghaderreen
Charlestown v Aghamore. Verdict: Charlestown

Claremorris v Ballina. Verdict: Stephenites
Tourmakeady v Shrule-Glencorrib. Verdict: Shrule-Glencorrib.

I hope the Breaffy boys are saving themselves especially the O'Shea bucks as I don't think Kiltane will win as handy as people think they will against bottom of the group Ballinrobe. With all the county talent on disposal at the K'more v Breaffy game and 3 of the lads from Breaffy on the county panel, I'd say Horan will tell them to take it easy and let Knockmore win. :P What ya think RGS?? ;)

venter

Ballintubber beat Crossmolina this evening by a point. 1-08  to 1-07. Very difficult conditions with the weather.
Dillon and O'Connor did not play.
P Gardiner went off after 25mins with a hamstring injury.
Ciaran Mac also went off injured at half time.

nephinman

Castlebar 4-9 Ballagh 0-6

macdanger2

Apparently Westport beat Garrymore 2-08 to 0-12