Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

The Mayo website have it wrong unfortunately. It's Knockmore 0-10 Ballina Stephenites 3-6.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Any predictions for this weekend's games?

Johnny Drama

From  the PP website: and my predictions for the weekend

Knockmore  3/10 v Ballinrobe 15/2 - I'm going with knockmore by 5-6 points
Castlebar  8/13 v Charlestown 13/8 - Charlestown by 1-2 points        
Tourmakeady 7/2 v Ballina  2/9 -   Ballina 4-5 points  
Crossmolina 1/6  v Westport  9/2 - Crossmolina  2-3  
Ballintubber 1/4 v Garrymore  7/2 - Ballintubber by 3-4 points       
Ballaghadreen 1/8 v Aghamore 5/1 - Ballagh by 3-4    
Shrule Glencorrib 1/3 v Claremorris 11/4 - Shrule by 1-2      
Breaffy 4/9  v Kiltane 2/1 - Breaffy 3-4    

macdanger2

Massive game for Knockmore, lose it and they're headed for the relegation playoffs. At home against Ballinrobe though, they should be good enough even with Howley missing.

Any chance Tourmak can pull off a shock at home v Ballina? I presume McG and Harte will be back for Ballina and will make a massive difference

Any other "shocks" in the offing? Kiltane to more or less seal a QF spot against Breaffy maybe??

southsider

Quote from: Johnny Drama on June 29, 2011, 04:02:12 PM
From  the PP website: and my predictions for the weekend

Knockmore  3/10 v Ballinrobe 15/2 - I'm going with knockmore by 5-6 points
Castlebar  8/13 v Charlestown 13/8 - Charlestown by 1-2 points         
Tourmakeady 7/2 v Ballina  2/9 -   Ballina 4-5 points  
Crossmolina 1/6  v Westport  9/2 - Crossmolina  2-3  
Ballintubber 1/4 v Garrymore  7/2 - Ballintubber by 3-4 points       
Ballaghadreen 1/8 v Aghamore 5/1 - Ballagh by 3-4    
Shrule Glencorrib 1/3 v Claremorris 11/4 - Shrule by 1-2      
Breaffy 4/9  v Kiltane 2/1 - Breaffy 3-4    

Knockmore  v Ballinrobe  -  knockmore by 1-2 - robe not as bad as they showed versus breaffy
Castlebar v Charlestown  - Charlestown by 4 - Charlestown not the force of old     
Tourmakeady  v Ballina   -  Ballina by 3 - Tourmak will make it difficult but with harte back driving ballina can't see them losing
Crossmolina v Westport - Crossmolina by 4 - ciaran mac playing this time will be big bonus to cross  
Ballintubber v Garrymore - Ballintubber by 3 points - garry to stick with them for first half but home advantage to count overall    
Ballaghadreen v Aghamore - Ballagh by 5-6 points - ballagh to cut loose  
Shrule Glencorrib v Claremorris - Shrule by 2 - local rivalry will make nothing easy    
Breaffy  v Kiltane 2 - Breaffy by 2 - breaffy to win this one but will need to produce a good 60 minutes this time to the high in confidence kiltane

Farrandeelin

All these so-called close games aren't too close at all, Ballina winning by ten, Knockmore winning by 11, Crossmolina demolishing Westport by 4-14 to 0-10... Perhaps the old stranglehold by the north Mayo clubs is returning after a few years of letting the others in on the act! :P

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 03, 2011, 11:12:52 AM
All these so-called close games aren't too close at all, Ballina winning by ten, Knockmore winning by 11, Crossmolina demolishing Westport by 4-14 to 0-10... Perhaps the old stranglehold by the north Mayo clubs is returning after a few years of letting the others in on the act! :P

Mitchels 0-12 Charlestown 0-7
MWWSI 2017

macdanger2

Treanlaur Catering Senior Football Championship Group 1
Ballintubber   1   -   14  vs  1   -   11  Garrymore   14:00   Round 2
Crossmolina Deel Rovers  4   -   14  vs  0   -   10  Westport  19:30   Round 2

Treanlaur Catering Senior Football Championship Group 2
Breaffy   1   -   11  vs  2   -   7   Kiltane   16:00   Round 2
Knockmore  3   -   10  vs  0   -   8   Ballinrobe  19:00   Round 2

Treanlaur Catering Senior Football Championship Group 3
Ballaghadereen  0   -   9   vs  0   -   6   Aghamore  14:00   Round 2
Castlebar Mitchels   0   -   12  vs  0   -   7   Charlestown   19:00   Round 2

Treanlaur Catering Senior Football Championship Group 4
Shrule-Glencorrib   1   -   11  vs  0   -   14  Claremorris   14:00   Round 2
Tourmakeady  1   -   6   vs  1   -   16  Ballina Stephenites   19:00   Round 2

If Knockmore can beat Breaffy at home in the last round (far from a given) and presuming Kiltane beat Ballinrobe out in Bangor, Group 2 will finish all square - how would that be decided?? Playoff??

Shrule look like they'll qualify and Ballina should beat Claremorris to follow them through.

Ballintubber and Cross looking good in Group one and Castlebar & Ballagh from Group two.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 03, 2011, 10:54:41 PM
Treanlaur Catering Senior Football Championship Group 1
Ballintubber   1   -   14  vs  1   -   11  Garrymore   14:00   Round 2
Crossmolina Deel Rovers  4   -   14  vs  0   -   10  Westport  19:30   Round 2

Treanlaur Catering Senior Football Championship Group 2
Breaffy   1   -   11  vs  2   -   7   Kiltane   16:00   Round 2
Knockmore  3   -   10  vs  0   -   8   Ballinrobe  19:00   Round 2

Treanlaur Catering Senior Football Championship Group 3
Ballaghadereen  0   -   9   vs  0   -   6   Aghamore  14:00   Round 2
Castlebar Mitchels   0   -   12  vs  0   -   7   Charlestown   19:00   Round 2

Treanlaur Catering Senior Football Championship Group 4
Shrule-Glencorrib   1   -   11  vs  0   -   14  Claremorris   14:00   Round 2
Tourmakeady  1   -   6   vs  1   -   16  Ballina Stephenites   19:00   Round 2

If Knockmore can beat Breaffy at home in the last round (far from a given) and presuming Kiltane beat Ballinrobe out in Bangor, Group 2 will finish all square - how would that be decided?? Playoff??

Shrule look like they'll qualify and Ballina should beat Claremorris to follow them through.

Ballintubber and Cross looking good in Group one and Castlebar & Ballagh from Group two.

If two teams are level, it goes on the head to head clashes between those two teams as the first differential. If they drew, then it is scoring difference, then points for, then playoff. In the case of Kiltane, Breaffy and Knockmore being level on four points, it will be down to scoring difference as the heads to heads will cancel each other out. Hopefully Breaffy beating Knockmore will sort out the need for calculators ;D
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

macdanger2

If that's the case then a win against Breaffy would be enough to put us into the Q/F as we're + 9 to their + 8 at the moment. We'll struggle against the two O'Ses at MF though.

That game and the Claremorris v Ballina game are the two big games of the last round in terms of progressing. Plenty of big games though in terms of relegation.

muppet

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 03, 2011, 11:47:06 PM
If that's the case then a win against Breaffy would be enough to put us into the Q/F as we're + 9 to their + 8 at the moment. We'll struggle against the two O'Ses at MF though.

That game and the Claremorris v Ballina game are the two big games of the last round in terms of progressing. Plenty of big games though in terms of relegation.

Make it three.
MWWSI 2017

macdanger2

Is the younger lad playing as well?? MF or where??

muppet

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 04, 2011, 12:43:03 AM

I was half joking.

I'm guessing that most clubsy wouldn't leave a county minor midfielder, particularly one who is big and can play, on the sidelines.
MWWSI 2017

Johnny Drama

Quote from: muppet on July 04, 2011, 12:44:53 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on July 04, 2011, 12:43:03 AM

I was half joking.

I'm guessing that most clubsy wouldn't leave a county minor midfielder, particularly one who is big and can play, on the sidelines.

Conor played against kiltane yesterday, got 4 points too. I wasn't at the game i heard he was excellent

mrhardyannual

Conor Mort featured for 15 mins for Shrule. Scored 2 points from frees on the right side of goal - one very good pressure kick. Might need a few more weeks to be right.