Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on April 25, 2011, 05:04:29 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 25, 2011, 03:55:41 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on April 25, 2011, 01:06:28 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 21, 2011, 10:10:15 PM
Anybody know where I could get a map to see all the club boundaries? I know some parishes aren't represented by a club and they go under the name of the main club.

Going stirring the hornet's nest, are we?! Pretty sure no one map exists because of the different dioceses but there are parish maps for each diocese. Probably the only way to go.

Nope, but it would be nice if somebody knew where Parke for instance starts and ends. Is Pontoon (the far side) under Parke, and if it is, it must be a big area because I believe Ballyvary (footballers) play under Parke too!

I think parts of Pontoon are in the Parke parish but not sure that they have any footballers from there. Parke is made up of two parishes - Parke and Keelogues. Ballyvary is part of the Keelogues parish. Some clubs are huge to be honest. From Creggagh north of Foxford to the area between Kiltimagh and Bohola is some spin but its all in Moy Davitts parish. Same can be said of Ballintubber. It is a nice trek from Killawalla in the west to Ballyglass in the east. Knockmore is a decent size too, going right into Ballina  :P

I won't disagree with you on that one. From the bridge at Foxford, right up to the stream at the 50km speed limits is big enough alright. However it's only about a third of the size of Crossmolina parish.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 25, 2011, 08:04:33 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on April 25, 2011, 05:04:29 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 25, 2011, 03:55:41 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on April 25, 2011, 01:06:28 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 21, 2011, 10:10:15 PM
Anybody know where I could get a map to see all the club boundaries? I know some parishes aren't represented by a club and they go under the name of the main club.

Going stirring the hornet's nest, are we?! Pretty sure no one map exists because of the different dioceses but there are parish maps for each diocese. Probably the only way to go.

Nope, but it would be nice if somebody knew where Parke for instance starts and ends. Is Pontoon (the far side) under Parke, and if it is, it must be a big area because I believe Ballyvary (footballers) play under Parke too!

I think parts of Pontoon are in the Parke parish but not sure that they have any footballers from there. Parke is made up of two parishes - Parke and Keelogues. Ballyvary is part of the Keelogues parish. Some clubs are huge to be honest. From Creggagh north of Foxford to the area between Kiltimagh and Bohola is some spin but its all in Moy Davitts parish. Same can be said of Ballintubber. It is a nice trek from Killawalla in the west to Ballyglass in the east. Knockmore is a decent size too, going right into Ballina  :P

I won't disagree with you on that one. From the bridge at Foxford, right up to the stream at the 50km speed limits is big enough alright. However it's only about a third of the size of Crossmolina parish.

True, but a lot of Crossmolina is mountain. Them mountain men are hardy oul hoors! Population is what matters really though, although town populations can often be less productive than rural ones.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Farrandeelin

Knockmore, the only club in Mayo to have a 100% record at this stage.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 01, 2011, 02:01:44 PM

might as well give ye the moclair cup now deelin  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AbbeySider

Quote from: the Deel Rover on May 05, 2011, 01:47:55 PM

might as well give ye the moclair cup now deelin  ;)
I was going to say something similar. ;D Ballintubber lose a game and the Knocmore boys get excited. :P
In fairness to him I would be excited too. Apart from last weekend Ballintubber only lost to one team in the last couple of seasons - Knockmore in the league last year, and in the championship the year before that so they are looking very strong with their current unbeaten run and form.

I think they can go all the way this year... which begs the question; who can possibly stop Knockmore?

Ballintubber? Sure we could never beat Knockmore
Castlebar?
Ballaghadreen?
Crossmolina?

the Deel Rover

we won't be able to stop them
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Farrandeelin

Ye're gas craic the lotta ye. The reason why Knockmore are the only unbeaten team apart from the Mitchels is because every team they've played is worse than K'more if you get my drift. Cross came close to stopping us the first day out in the league. Burrishoole left their shooting boots behind them and we just managed to pull away at the end and Ballagh went a man down in the 2nd half. I'm not excited at all, just letting ye know how it is like. ;)

Tubberman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 05, 2011, 05:03:36 PM
Ye're gas craic the lotta ye. The reason why Knockmore are the only unbeaten team apart from the Mitchels is because every team they've played is worse than K'more if you get my drift. Cross came close to stopping us the first day out in the league. Burrishoole left their shooting boots behind them and we just managed to pull away at the end and Ballagh went a man down in the 2nd half. I'm not excited at all, just letting ye know how it is like. ;)

Arah go 'way!!? Is that how it works  :P
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1A
Ballaghadereen  vs Crossmolina Deel Rovers
Ballina Stephenites  vs Ballinrobe   
Ballintubber  vs Castlebar Mitchels   
Charlestown  vs Knockmore   
Westport  vs Shrule-Glencorrib 

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1B
Hollymount-Carramore  vs Parke-Keelouges-Crimlin   
Bohola Moy-Davitts  vs Kiltane   
Breaffy  vs Kiltimagh   
Islandeady  vs Garrymore   
Tourmakeady  vs Davitts 

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1C
Achill  vs Belmullet   
Bonniconlon  vs Louisburgh   
Kilcommon  vs Swinford   
Kilmaine  vs Ballyhaunis   
The Neale  vs Aghamore 

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1D
Ardnaree  vs Crossmolina Deel Rovers B 
Ballintubber B vs Moygownagh   
Killala  vs Kilmeena 
Lahardane  vs Ballina Stephenites B 
Mayo Gaels  vs Knockmore B

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1E
Ardagh  vs Charlestown B 
Hollymount-Carramore  vs Castlebar Mitchels B 
Kiltimagh B vs Ballycastle   
Lacken  vs Claremorris B 
Kilmovee  vs Crossmolina Deel Rovers C

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1F
Ballyhaunis B vs Balla   
Breaffy B vs Eastern Gaels 
Davitts B vs Kilfian   
Shrule-Glencorrib B vs Ballaghadereen B 
Westport B vs Aghamore B

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1G
Balla B vs Kilcommon B 
Achill B vs The Neale B 
Ballycroy  vs Mayo Gaels B 
Kilcommon B vs Swinford B

Farrandeelin

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1A 
Ballaghadereen  1 - 8 vs 1 - 8 Crossmolina Deel Rovers   
Ballintubber  3 - 10 vs 0 - 8 Castlebar Mitchels   
Charlestown  1 - 11 vs 2 - 8 Knockmore   
Westport  1 - 13 vs 1 - 8 Shrule-Glencorrib   
Ballina Stephenites  1 - 8 vs 0 - 10 Ballinrobe 

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1B
Bohola Moy-Davitts  0 - 7 vs 2 - 6 Kiltane   
Breaffy  0 - 11 vs 0 - 10 Kiltimagh   
Islandeady  0 - 5 vs 2 - 15 Garrymore   
Tourmakeady  0 - 5 vs 0 - 15 Davitts   
Hollymount-Carramore  3 - 13 vs 1 - 6 Parke-Keelouges-Crimlin

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1C
Achill  3 - 6 vs 2 - 9 Belmullet   
Bonniconlon  1 - 10 vs 1 - 6 Louisburgh   
Kilcommon  0 - 10 vs 1 - 6 Swinford   
Kilmaine  0 - 8 vs 2 - 5 Ballyhaunis   
The Neale  0 - 7 vs 4 - 12 Aghamore 

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1D
Ardnaree  2 - 16 vs 0 - 6 Crossmolina Deel Rovers B 
Ballintubber B 2 - 18 vs 0 - 8 Moygownagh   
Killala  3 - 13 vs 1 - 6 Kilmeena   
Lahardane  3 - 17 vs 1 - 4 Ballina Stephenites B 
Mayo Gaels  0 - 14 vs 1 - 10 Knockmore B

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1E
Ardagh  2 - 10 vs 3 - 13 Charlestown B
Hollymount-Carramore  1 - 12 vs 1 - 11 Castlebar Mitchels B 
Kiltimagh B 1 - 7 vs 2 - 6 Ballycastle 

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1F
Breaffy B 0 - 14 vs 2 - 5 Eastern Gaels   
Davitts B 1 - 6 vs 4 - 16 Kilfian   
Shrule-Glencorrib B 0 - 10 vs 1 - 9 Ballaghadereen B 
Westport B 2 - 7 vs 0 - 9 Aghamore B

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1G
Swinford B 6 - 16 vs 0 - 5 Kilmovee B 
Balla B 2 - 13 vs 0 - 6 Kilcommon B

RedandGreenSniper

Killala, the only club in Mayo to have a 100% record at this stage. Add in the second teams of Breaffy and Swinford too! Are you not able to look beyond the top divisions Farr?  :D :P
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Farrandeelin

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on May 09, 2011, 12:51:05 PM

Killala, the only club in Mayo to have a 100% record at this stage. Add in the second teams of Breaffy and Swinford too! Are you not able to look beyond the top divisions Farr?  :D :P

Ah sure the top division is where it's really at. Not that Breaffy know about it this year anyway! ;) Anyway Charlestown have broken our 100% record, with Ballintubber next up for Knockmore it's hard to see anything for the home team against the reigning County champions. Hopefully we'll rattle them a biteen though.

southsider

I' m afraid to inform you that garrymore bet breaffy well in the league, hence no 100% record.

southsider

Quote from: southsider on May 10, 2011, 12:38:14 PM

I' m afraid to inform you that garrymore bet breaffy well in the league, hence no 100% record.

sorry i'm wrong - its your second team you referred to

From the Bunker

Parke club has Keelogues, Turlough, Parke, Ballyvary, Crimlin and Part of Ross within it's bounderies. This seems a large area but areas of Keelogues Parish  that borders Breaffy usually send their kids to school in Breaffy, play for Breaffy and actually think they are from the parish of Breaffy. Same on the Bohola and Straide Borders which causes a loss to Moy Davitts. Then there is the new estates in Turlough, most if not all send their kids to Castlebar to school so you have the same cycle. Add in the soccer Loyalties of Ballyvary Blue Bombers, S & F Utd, Manulla, Castlebar Town, Castlebar Celtic and Snugboro. On the ground, the core of Parke Senior players traditionally  come from the Parke Parish and Crimlin half parish. Only a trickle of the larger Keelogues parish play senior. I'd say it's the same with most clubs where there are 2 or more parishes making up a Club.