Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

western exile

Quote from: muppet on April 07, 2011, 10:31:42 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on April 07, 2011, 10:09:25 PM

What I mean is that the Limerick situation is different because the amount is known and it is going straight to Limerick County Board. In Mayo, the amounts are not known and they are going to a group who are only loosely connected to the county board. I don't doubt they are doing good work, but I would expect that their fundraising efforts should be a matter of record.

They are a matter of record!

This is precisely my problem. You have been influenced by the innuendo into assuming something that is not correct. Everything is fully recorded and available to the members of the supporters club. It is not run by the County Board and therefore money raised by a separate organisation has no business appearing on the County Board's accounts.
I don't believe that that is true.  The County Board is sanctioned with managing and controlling all aspects of Gaelic Games in Mayo. That includes all county representative teams and all affiliated clubs, including the Club Mayo Dublin.

muppet

Quote from: western exile on April 08, 2011, 01:41:23 PM

What I mean is that the Limerick situation is different because the amount is known and it is going straight to Limerick County Board. In Mayo, the amounts are not known and they are going to a group who are only loosely connected to the county board. I don't doubt they are doing good work, but I would expect that their fundraising efforts should be a matter of record.

This is precisely my problem. You have been influenced by the innuendo into assuming something that is not correct. Everything is fully recorded and available to the members of the supporters club. It is not run by the County Board and therefore money raised by a separate organisation has no business appearing on the County Board's accounts.
I don't believe that that is true.  The County Board is sanctioned with managing and controlling all aspects of Gaelic Games in Mayo. That includes all county representative teams and all affiliated clubs, including the Club Mayo Dublin.

Would you please back that statement up with a law or a Gaa rule?
MWWSI 2017

AbbeySider

This thread should be named the Mayo Gaa semantics thread ;)

muppet

Quote from: AbbeySider on April 08, 2011, 02:40:13 PM
This thread should be named the Mayo Gaa semantics thread ;)

How about the let's cut off our noses to spites our faces thread?
MWWSI 2017

western exile

Quote from: muppet on April 08, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Well...  they even say as much on their own website!     http://www.clubmayo.ie/membership.php

"Club Mayo Dublin, as an entity, is a formal GAA club, recognised and approved as such by the Mayo County Board."

There is no room for ambigutiy there  ;)

muppet

Quote from: western exile on April 08, 2011, 05:18:51 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 08, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Well...  they even say as much on their own website!     http://www.clubmayo.ie/membership.php

"Club Mayo Dublin, as an entity, is a formal GAA club, recognised and approved as such by the Mayo County Board."

There is no room for ambigutiy there  ;)

I still fail to see how delegates can make disparaging references to it without pointing to any law or rule.

Does every club in May (or any other county) have their full accounts published annually in the CB accounts?
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Back to the football, Knockmore just retained the Sweeney Cup this evening by beating our near and dear neighbours from Ballina. ;)

Knockmore 1-12 Ballina Stephenites 1-8 :)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

SLIGONIAN

That money was just resting in my account :D
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

muppet

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 11, 2011, 12:12:40 AM

It was the Parson's money.
MWWSI 2017

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: muppet on April 11, 2011, 12:31:36 AM

Must try harder :-[ :D
I expect better comebacks from you muppet, have another go ;)

muppet

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 11, 2011, 02:42:29 PM

The Abbott's (& Costello?)
MWWSI 2017

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: muppet on April 11, 2011, 02:44:29 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 11, 2011, 02:42:29 PM

The Abbott's (& Costello?)

muppet

The old declare yourself the winner tactic.

Bravo, never saw it coming.
MWWSI 2017

RedandGreenSniper

I don't think he got the Parson's/Parsons (deliberate) double entendre. If he did, he'd want to recheck the definition of winning.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

western exile

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on April 12, 2011, 01:13:31 PM
I don't think he got the Parson's/Parsons (deliberate) double entendre. If he did, he'd want to recheck the definition of winning.
;D Excellent!  I admit it went over my head at first too. But very very good!