Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Thanks for that Farr. How are Claremorris doing these days? I remember them and the Stephenites having great battles in U-16 a few years ago and these would largely be the same group of players at minor level now. Quirke and Shaugnessey were savage players for them.

Very sad news about the deaths in Innishboffin. RIP

An Gaeilgoir

Tuar Mhic Eadaigh Abu!!!!! Ta me i teach an asail anois agus ta gach rud ar fheabhas! ;D

Tatler Jack

Well done to Tourmakeady - listened to some of game on RnaG and it sounded exciting - found myself shouting on the Gaeltacht men!!

Bain sult as an oiche Gaeilgeoir - scaoil amach é.

muppet

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on October 17, 2010, 08:10:41 PM
Tuar Mhic Eadaigh Abu!!!!! Ta me i teach an asail anois agus ta gach rud ar fheabhas! ;D

Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin.

MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Tatler Jack on October 17, 2010, 10:47:54 PM
Well done to Tourmakeady - listened to some of game on RnaG and it sounded exciting - found myself shouting on the Gaeltacht men!!

Bain sult as an oiche Gaeilgeoir - scaoil amach é.

Where does Burrishoole end and Achill start? I thought some of Burrishoole would be Gaeltacht too.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

AbbeySider

Not much being said here about the Senior Final on Sunday, how do posters think it will go?  :)

spuds

We're in a 50/50 situation. Lot of youth on both teams which adds to the difficulty in calling the result. Both teams got to semis last year and now in final. More county underage experience on Mitchells side but that guarantees little.
Expect a tight game with bonfires guiding us home sunday.  8)
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Mayo4Sam

You have to fancy Ballintubber, two best forwards on the field in what is bound to be a defensive dog fight
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: spuds on October 21, 2010, 04:33:49 PM
We're in a 50/50 situation. Lot of youth on both teams which adds to the difficulty in calling the result. Both teams got to semis last year and now in final. More county underage experience on Mitchells side but that guarantees little.
Expect a tight game with bonfires guiding us home sunday8)

Sure we will only fit one bonfire between McHale Park and An Sportlann.

StoneWall

I have fancied Ballintubber from the start (pity I didn't take them at 14/1  :'( ) so I'll stick with them. I was reading in the Mayo News that they have only lost two games in the last two years which is unbelievable consistency. Given Ballintubber's negative style I don't expect it to be a classic (pity as it's live on TG4!) and expect them to sneak a low scoring pig of a game.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: StoneWall on October 21, 2010, 08:49:30 PM
I have fancied Ballintubber from the start (pity I didn't take them at 14/1  :'( ) so I'll stick with them. I was reading in the Mayo News that they have only lost two games in the last two years which is unbelievable consistency. Given Ballintubber's negative style I don't expect it to be a classic (pity as it's live on TG4!) and expect them to sneak a low scoring pig of a game.

Fancied them too Stonewall, but at this stage I have to go with Mitchels.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: AbbeySider on October 21, 2010, 03:43:45 PM
Not much being said here about the Senior Final on Sunday, how do posters think it will go?  :)

All the best to the 'tubber lads on Sunday. No more than with our own final, its nice to lying low in the build up and i think you will sneak it due to extra power up front. If ye do win it would there be a "super cup" final between 'tubber and Tourmak later in the year maybe in Partry?  :DAll the best for Sunday.

Tubberman

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on October 22, 2010, 10:07:21 AM
Quote from: AbbeySider on October 21, 2010, 03:43:45 PM

All the best to the 'tubber lads on Sunday. No more than with our own final, its nice to lying low in the build up and i think you will sneak it due to extra power up front. If ye do win it would there be a "super cup" final between 'tubber and Tourmak later in the year maybe in Partry?  :DAll the best for Sunday.

Cheers Gaeilgoir, congrats to Tourmak on the win. Wasn't at the match on Sunday but was talking to a Tourmak man after and he said ye were in control for almost all the game. The reports in the local papers seem to say the same thing.

Hopefully we'll have topped ye in the bragging rights by Sunday evening!
I think there's a quiet belief that the lads are as well prepared as possible and will give it their best and there's not much the rest of us can do only wait for Sunday and then take over the town!  ;)

It will be very tight, will just have to wait and see what unfolds. I think it could be a low scoring match alright. Mitchels have some very dangerous forwards in Douglas and Moran, but Ballintubber have been conceding very little all year. Likewise Ballintubber have some excellent forwards, but Mitchels have a very strong defence with the Feeneys, Pat Kelly etc.
It could come down to the old reliable - who wins the ball around the middle. Ballintubber have a very young but strong midfield pairing, and Mitchels have a mix of experience and youth. Half forwards and half backs are crucial as well in picking up the breaking ball.
I think, on top form, Ballintubber could shade midfield, so I'll go for us by just the 1!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

the Deel Rover

hope the posters on the board here enjoy the county final on sunday even though i'm sure a lot of suppoters thoughts will be elsewhere before the ball is thrown in and afterwards i'm sure . There is nothing better than bringing the moclair cup back to you home club ( ok i lie a little , it was nice introducing andy to the parish  ;) ) i'm hoping that tubber do it nothing against castlebar or anything however they remind me a little bit of ourselves before we made our breakthrough in 1995 a small club (not been smart here) against one of the big boys historically even though its 1993 since castlebar last won it .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001