Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on October 03, 2010, 04:26:59 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 03, 2010, 04:16:49 PM
Went to Shrule today for 2.30, arrived a few minutes late. There was nobody there!! I didn't know there were 2 pitches there. I feel a right fool now. :-[ :-X

You don't have to keep standing there. Go back to the car and look for the other pitch.

On the bright side he didn't start a thread about it.  ;D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Farrandeelin

Is Partry part of Ballintubber?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AbbeySider

Tubberman

Quote from: AbbeySider on October 05, 2010, 02:57:24 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 05, 2010, 02:13:49 PM

Yes, why you ask?  :)

Depends where abouts in Partry as well. Some people west of Partry would be part of Tourmakeady club...
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Tubberman on October 05, 2010, 03:06:24 PM

Depends where abouts in Partry as well. Some people west of Partry would be part of Tourmakeady club...

Just on the way to the 'game' in Shrule, there were plenty of Red and White flags. More in Partry than any other part of the journey that I noticed anyway. I would always have thought Partry was Tourmakeady myself.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 05, 2010, 03:22:54 PM

Just on the way to the 'game' in Shrule, there were plenty of Red and White flags. More in Partry than any other part of the journey that I noticed anyway. I would always have thought Partry was Tourmakeady myself.

Tourmakeady and Partry are the same parish all right, but from the townland of Kilfaul its all 'tubber!

AbbeySider

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on October 05, 2010, 07:42:14 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 05, 2010, 03:22:54 PM

Tourmakeady and Partry are the same parish all right, but from the townland of Kilfaul its all 'tubber!

BarnaKillew Partry is Ballintubber An Gaeilgoir, so where is the border?

REDCOL

Where is the border between Kilmaine & Castlebar ;)

muppet

Quote from: REDCOL on October 06, 2010, 09:44:44 AM
Where is the border between Kilmaine & Castlebar ;)

St. Brigid's.
MWWSI 2017

Mayo GAA

Mayo Junior Football Final on this Sunday at 3.30pm in McHale Park - Islandeady take on rivals Parke.

Full preview now up on www.mayogaa.com

Farrandeelin

Must be the last round of league games this weekend in Division 1A and B. All the rest have finished theirs anyway.

Farrandeelin

I was wrong in the last comment n this thread. It seems Knockmore and Moy Davitts went ahead with yesterday's game a week ahead of schedule. Nothing to play for as Moy Davitts were already relegated and Knockmore can finish no higher than third.

For Stephenite and Ballinaman - they'll be glad to know their minors have completed one part of the minor double, by winning against Swinford in the league final yesterday 1-11 to 0-6 I think the final score was.

muppet

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1010/inishboffin.html

I am hearing shocking news about the 2 men who drowned last night. Both well known in Castlebar and very well liked and one with very strong Mitchels  and Ballintubber connections.

I won't name them yet but my sincere condolences to both familes.

RIP
MWWSI 2017

boosabum

It seems to be confirmed. Shocking news.
RIP

Tatler Jack

Shocked to hear that one of the men drowned was  Ger Feeney. One of the best players ever to don a Mayo jersey and a shining light in the 70s when Mayo were struggling. A player who combined skill and courage and always gave his all. My condolences to all in Mayo GAA and to his family.