Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 01, 2010, 02:11:24 PM
I see Ruddy was MF for Knockmore? Has he been playing there all season??

Will that be the end for a few of the older Cross players??

Good to see Gibbons doing well at MF for Ballintubber, will he make county level next year??

At least it will be a fairly new name on the cup this year (I think Knockmore in '97 is the last of the 4 to win it).

Mitchels won our 27'th and last County title in 1993, went on to lose the 1994 All-Ireland Final to Nemo Rangers.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Farrandeelin

QuoteI see Ruddy was MF for Knockmore? Has he been playing there all season??[

Yes he has mcdanger. He's not my favourite but he's starting anyway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Parke and Ardnaree played out a draw in the Junior QF yesterday evening, Despite being a man down for most of the second half Ardnaree could have snatched it in the end.

Farrandeelin

Anybody know why the County Board didn't do the draw for the semi-finals this weekend?

Davitt Man

No rush with semi-final draws
03 September 2010

The draws for the senior, junior and intermediate championship semi-finals won't take place for another week at least.

The county is still abuzz after the senior quarter-finals produced stunning victories for Shrule-Glencorrib, Ballintubber, Knockmore and Castlebar Mitchels last weekend, but there'll be no draw to determine the semi-final pairings this weekend.

The decision has been made to prevent teams from going through the motions in the next two rounds of the league.

According to CCC chairman Paddy McNicholas: "The draw will be after September 12th, because we have a round of league this coming weekend and another round on the week ending September 12th."

Farrandeelin

Ballina won against Cross easily in the North Mayo Minor A championship, they also beat us comfortably last week, we meet again next week!. I think they'll win the county. However, there was an incident which could have implications for a Ballina selector. It was a silly thing to do.

stephenite

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 10, 2010, 08:56:39 PM
Ballina won against Cross easily in the North Mayo Minor A championship, they also beat us comfortably last week, we meet again next week!. I think they'll win the county. However, there was an incident which could have implications for a Ballina selector. It was a silly thing to do.

Send me a PM with the details will ya please?

southsider

speaking of selectors and managers doin silly things - heard nigel reape had a bit of a meltdown at their league game versus ballinrobe - came onto the pitch and threw his weight about. my mate was at the game and said that knockmore were poor against an understrength ballinrobe, although he did say ballinrobe played very well

Farrandeelin

True, he did surely, it was a bit crazy what he did and he shouuldn't have done it - if the ref had his own linesmen he'd have surely gotten a red card I suppose. Knockmore have been poor a lot this year and that's my reason for doubting them for the county championship.

southsider

ya i'd have to agree with ya - saw them in the group stage in ballinrobe and wasn't impressed. the papers and radio seem to be biggin them up alot - all the same not bad to have gotten to a semi and yet to hit form though. they need a more dominant midfield to supply kilcoyne etc. thats an area where castlebar and somewhat less ballintubber are very strong. i'd tip castlebar myself to dog out a county title

highking

Can someone post up the semi finals dra please!!!

REDCOL

Castlebar v Knockmore

Ballintubber v Shrule Glencorrib

Burrishoole v Kiltimagh

Belmullet v Tourmakeady

highking

Quote from: REDCOL on September 13, 2010, 10:49:25 PM
Castlebar v Knockmore
Ballintubber v Shrule Glencorrib

Burrishoole v Kiltimagh
Belmullet v Tourmakeady

Thanks. Could be a Ballintubber/Castlebar final, similar tot he U21 final. In intermediate, it looks like a Burrishoole/Tourmak final, but will be close...

StoneWall

Senior
Castlebar v Knockmore
Shrule-Glencorrib v Ballintubber

Intermediate
Belmullet v Tourmakeady
Kiltimagh v Burrishoole

Junior
Lahardane v Parke/Ardnaree
Louisburgh v Islandeady

Tubberman

QuoteSenior
Castlebar v Knockmore
Shrule-Glencorrib v Ballintubber

Both Ballintubber and Shrule-GC will probably be happy enough with that draw. A great chance to make the final.
Both semi-finals are on Sunday 26th I presume?

Busy time for the 'tubber and mitchels with the U21A final between the teams on this Saturday as well. It's fixed for McHale Park - maybe we should threaten not to show up, like the Galway hurlers  :D ;)
It won't be a similar result anyway, that's one thing for certain! 
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."