Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southsider

former ballinrobe/neale region - dublin based now - keep a keen interest in the south mayo side of things - hence the name. good to see the south is hangin in there - been along time since we've had success. try to get to see the odd junior/senior game when i'm down.  have any of the south teams a chance this year. i hear ballintubber and castlebar are showing good early signs.

muppet

Quote from: southsider on July 05, 2010, 08:48:08 PM
former ballinrobe/neale region - dublin based now

Welcome Conor.
MWWSI 2017

spuds

Quote from: southsider on July 05, 2010, 08:48:08 PM
former ballinrobe/neale region - dublin based now - keep a keen interest in the south mayo side of things - hence the name. good to see the south is hangin in there - been along time since we've had success. try to get to see the odd junior/senior game when i'm down.  have any of the south teams a chance this year. i hear ballintubber and castlebar are showing good early signs.
ballintubber just makin up the numbers   :'(
something about ther mitchels that dont convince me
charlestown the team to beat agin
ballagh seem to be going a bitteen stale
ballina still in it as knockmore are
do cross have a kick with the buckeens ??
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 05, 2010, 03:46:34 PM
Quote from: southsider on July 05, 2010, 11:56:11 AM
big game ahead again for ballina - will they beat ballinrobe. tough on ballinrobe, two good results to date and that still won't be good enough without beating the stephenites

A draw would do Ballinrobe.
And you farr :D

moysider

Quote from: ballinaman on July 05, 2010, 11:53:36 PM
big game ahead again for ballina - will they beat ballinrobe. tough on ballinrobe, two good results to date and that still won't be good enough without beating the stephenites

Jury still out on Ballina. Improved second half performance v Ballaghadereen into stiff wind after a shocking first half display. Maybe this display of guts - and in fairness a good bit of tactical nous - in the second half may start a bit of momentum. We ll see. Worryingly scores are hard to come by. Still I m sure a lot of teams would prefer if they didn't make it out of the group, because if they get interested they will improve in leaps and bounds. As they showed yesterday they 're thick enough to win against the head, which is very encouraging.

stephenite

Quote from: moysider on July 06, 2010, 12:10:46 AM

Jury still out on Ballina. Improved second half performance v Ballaghadereen into stiff wind after a shocking first half display. Maybe this display of guts - and in fairness a good bit of tactical nous - in the second half may start a bit of momentum. We ll see. Worryingly scores are hard to come by. Still I m sure a lot of teams would prefer if they didn't make it out of the group, because if they get interested they will improve in leaps and bounds. As they showed yesterday they 're thick enough to win against the head, which is very encouraging.

Sounds like a big improvement, in fairness to them. What sort of team lined out?

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: stephenite on July 06, 2010, 01:43:41 AM

Sounds like a big improvement, in fairness to them. What sort of team lined out?

I read that Colm Leonard scored a goal 'key score of the first half'. Where was he playing? He must have played every position for Stephenites at this stage - maybe not wing forward?????
Hasta la victoria siempre

stephenite

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on July 06, 2010, 03:22:01 AM

I read that Colm Leonard scored a goal 'key score of the first half'. Where was he playing? He must have played every position for Stephenites at this stage - maybe not wing forward?????

Apparently Brian Ruane scored the other goal so that suggest that maybe positions aren't meaning too much - suppose will have to wait for full match reports in the locals to find out who played where

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: stephenite on July 06, 2010, 03:31:05 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on July 06, 2010, 03:22:01 AM

Apparently Brian Ruane scored the other goal so that suggest that maybe positions aren't meaning too much - suppose will have to wait for full match reports in the locals to find out who played where

Aye but regardless of last weekends game, I can definitely remember him playing corner back, full back, (maybe not wing back), centre back, midfield, full forward and I think he played as a third midfielder while playing 13!!
Hasta la victoria siempre

AbbeySider

Quote from: AbbeySider on November 12, 2009, 02:40:42 PM
*Modified* 06/07/2010  ;D

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
the Deel Rover, venter, Never beat the deeler, Redgreenery, larry buaile, MadMayo(?),

Ballina Stephenites
stephenite, MoySider, muscles magoo(?), ballinaman, Bomber2312

Knockmore
Mayo4Sam, Farrandeelin, macdanger2, mayoman dan, saffronandblue

Castlebar Mitchles
Muppet, Son of Sam, The Flying Doctor

Kiltaine
Ludermore, IntoDWest, The Blegard, RogerMilla

Ballintubber
AbbeySider, Tubberman, Spuds

Breaffy

RedAndGreenSniper, West Mayo, Johnny Drama

Bohola Moy Davitts
Davitt Man

Tourmakeady
An Gaeilgoir

Garymore
REDCOL

Swinford
Lar Naparka, Maradona

Keenagh/Crossmolina
Rosnarun

Claremorris
western exile, FL/Mayo

Shrule Glencorrib
kevmy, southsider

Ballaghaderreen

Oirtheair MaighEo

Kilcommon
Bod Mor

Kilmane
mayo51

Ballyhaunis
Barney

Charlestown
Foreverhopeful, Greenabovethered

Burrishoole
Bucko

Balla
Mo direach

Unknown (yet...)
Dodo: (ill leave it up to himself if he wants to say )
StoneWall: ( guessing - Balla,Westport or Claremorris )
Blast05: (Lacken/Ballycastle/Ardagh/Moygownagh/Kilfian ?)
southsider: South Mayo ? ? ?
IolarCoisCuain:?
flame still burns: ?
small white mayoman: ?
whitey: ?
New Departure: ?
GBXII: ?

ballinaman

The auld fella picked out Harte as the man who stood up and was counted at vital times. Mentioned Rouse and John Doherty at wing back as having good games. McGarrity was asked to do something from the stands and responded well he said. Caff did well on Andy Moran, got beaten once of twice and then the gloves came off,literally. Leonard was anonymous apart from the goal he said.

southsider

what was up with kilcoyne at the weekend. heard he was anonymous. is he still slightly injured. ballina have a month to get the minds focused. when it matters they always front up. are they home or away for the final group match. if they are at home you'd have to fancy them

StoneWall

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports/gaa-football/mayo-senior-football-championship

Ballintubber and Ballina still look the value bets...

Knockmore 11/4
Charlestown 7/2
Crossmolina 4/1
Castlebar 11/2
Shrule Glencorrib 6/1
Ballintubber 10/1
Ballinrobe 10/1
Ballina 12/1
Breaffy 14/1
Westport 33/1
Garrymore 40/1
Claremorris 50/1
West Mayo 66/1
Moy Davitts 100/1
Kiltane 100/1
Aghamore 100/1

bucko

How about the inter c'ship lads, Burrishoole going very well in their group, comprehensive wins over Swinford and Ballyhaunis, a lot of high scoring wins in the league too. They must be one of the main favourites for the inter, any of the others (Hollymount, Tourmakeady, Davitts, etc) standing out?

AbbeySider

Quote from: bucko on July 06, 2010, 12:52:01 PM
How about the inter c'ship lads, Burrishoole going very well in their group, comprehensive wins over Swinford and Ballyhaunis, a lot of high scoring wins in the league too. They must be one of the main favourites for the inter, any of the others (Hollymount, Tourmakeady, Davitts, etc) standing out?

Burrishoole are one of the finest Intermediate teams I have seen in a long time. I think they will walk the Inter championship, Val Kilmer Colm McMenamin is doing a great job with them. They gave Swinford a nice beating lately.

Would Belmullet have any chance coming off the back of their Comortas win?