Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

We were robbed against Cross...

the Deel Rover

you would want to have a word with your sources abbeysider  ;) could not make the match :( but i heard that we did not play well or played as well as we were let and that we were lucky to get the draw
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

venter

I thought Cross would go fairly well this year, but there is a lack of experience that might cost us. Still if they could get through the round robin and get a bit of confidence in each other I think they will turn out to be a decent side.
It's good to see that up and coming sides like Ballintubber are still finding it hard to close games out against us , eventhough we are relativly inexperienced in a lot of positions.

AbbeySider

Quote from: venter on June 15, 2010, 09:44:15 AM
I thought Cross would go fairly well this year, but there is a lack of experience that might cost us. Still if they could get through the round robin and get a bit of confidence in each other I think they will turn out to be a decent side.
It's good to see that up and coming sides like Ballintubber are still finding it hard to close games out against us , eventhough we are relativly inexperienced in a lot of positions.

I normally wouldn't say a word about a referee but ill be honest and say I think Martin Murphy had a huge bearing in bringing Cross into the game, especially late on.

I had people from Knockmore, who werent even at the game texting me after wards that they had heard we were robbed so I dont think its all in my head.

Having said all that, we have a lot of improving to do as we didnt use our possession well and had a lot of wides when we should have been killing off the game. I cant blame the referee for that.

I be happy enough with the workrate but not so happy with the performance besides. We have a bit of work to do in certain areas to improve on Sundays performance. 

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: AbbeySider on June 15, 2010, 02:07:59 PM
Quote from: venter on June 15, 2010, 09:44:15 AM

I normally wouldn't say a word about a referee but ill be honest and say I think Martin Murphy had a huge bearing in bringing Cross into the game, especially late on.

I had people from Knockmore, who werent even at the game texting me after wards that they had heard we were robbed so I dont think its all in my head.

Having said all that, we have a lot of improving to do as we didnt use our possession well and had a lot of wides when we should have been killing off the game. I cant blame the referee for that.

I be happy enough with the workrate but not so happy with the performance besides. We have a bit of work to do in certain areas to improve on Sundays performance.

I wouldnt heed them Knockmore bucks when discussing a Cross game  :P ;)
Hasta la victoria siempre

Farrandeelin

Michael Walsh Senior League Group 1
Aghamore v Kiltane
Claremorris v Ballaghaderreen
Breaffy v Shrule-Glencorrib

Group 2
Charlestown v Garrymore
Knockmore v Ballintubber
Westport v Moy Davitts

Intermediate League Group 1
Crossmolina Deel Rovers B v Killala
Hollymount v Achill
Swinford v Belmullet
Burrishoole v Mayo Gaels

Group 2
Kilmeena v Kilmaine
Ballyhaunis v Tourmakeady
Kiltimagh v Davitts
Bonniconlon v Cill Chomain

South Mayo Junior B Football Championship Section 1
Carramore v Mayo Gaels
Davitts v Ballinrobe

South Mayo Junior B Football Championship Section 2
The Neale v Hollymount
Garrymore v Claremorris

Just checked and Castlebar beat Ballinrobe by 4-7 to 2-8 in the Michael Walsh League on Friday.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Michael Walsh Senior Football League Section 1
Aghamore 3-13 v 3-10 Kiltane   
Breaffy 1-11 v 0 -2 Shrule-Glencorrib   
Claremorris 0-8 v 1-12 Ballaghadereen 

Section 2
Charlestown 6-11 v 1-5 Garrymore
Knockmore 0-12 v 1-12 Ballintubber 
Westport 0-15 v 1-6 Bohola Moy-Davitts 

Intermediate League Section 1
Hollymount  1- 8 v 1-5 Achill 

Section 2
Ballyhaunis  0-8 v 1-9 Tourmakeady   
Kiltimagh  0-12 v 1-7 Davitts 

stephenite

We'll adjourn here for the rest of the year, when's the next round of the club championship on?

Farrandeelin

Supposedly next week, but the Co board called it off. Must have assumed the team were going to beat Longford. Don't know now, people were wondering on MidWest today about it as well.

AbbeySider

What will happen the club fixtures now?

I wonder will they move the championship fixtures and play the whole thing off?
I doubt they will as championship fixtures are set out at the start of the year regardless of Mayo so I think they will run the league fixtures off and finish that early...

Farrandeelin

Full round of championship fixtures in Senior and Intermediate going ahead this weekend, according to the Western.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 30, 2010, 04:18:59 PM
Full round of championship fixtures in Senior and Intermediate going ahead this weekend, according to the Western.

yes, thats a given but the next championship game is down for the 8th of August, which will be 5 weeks after the championship rounds next weekend.

I know there is club U21 fixtures, and county minor fixtures but I wonder will they bring the senior club championship fixtures forward?

macdanger2

Big game between Ballina and Ballaghadreen, the loser will be all but out of the championship......

AbbeySider

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 01, 2010, 12:28:22 AM
Big game between Ballina and Ballaghadreen, the loser will be all but out of the championship......

I think we are in the same boat against Garrymore.  :(

REDCOL

Relax, Abbeysider things will look a lot better on Sunday evening. Garrymore have won one match away from home in the championship in the last 5 years. Now that your main man is staying expect an 8 point victory ;)