Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 05, 2010, 02:33:11 PM
Ballina are top it seems. You just wanted me to say that didn't you! ;)
Ha, well that wasn't the motive but going well from the reports and results by the looks of it alright, only the league though in fairness

moysider

Quote from: ballinaman on April 06, 2010, 01:29:34 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 05, 2010, 02:33:11 PM
Ballina are top it seems. You just wanted me to say that didn't you! ;)
Ha, well that wasn't the motive but going well from the reports and results by the looks of it alright, only the league though in fairness

Just read one of those reports. Dont know what I was doin at that game?

Farrandeelin

This weekend.

East Mayo Centenary Cup Final
Aghamore v Ballyhaunis

South Mayo O'Mara Cup Final
Ballinrobe v Shrule-Glencorrib

North Mayo Sweeney Cup Final
Bonniconlon v Knockmore

I heard that it's Burrishoole v Ballintubber in the Kelly Cup final in West Mayo but not sure. Maybe one of the Ballintubber boys could help out on this one!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

East Mayo Centenary Cup Final
Aghamore 0-15 1-10 Ballyhaunis

North Mayo Sweeney Cup Final
Knockmore 3-6 0-8 Bonniconlon

West Mayo Kelly Cup Final
Burrishoole 4-11 1-8 Ballintubber

Farrandeelin

Fixtures ???

Reserve League Group 1
Burrishoole v Parke-Keelouges-Crimlin 
Ballina Stephenites v Bonniconlon 

Group 2
Hollymount v Tourmakeady 
Garrymore v Kilmaine 

Anyone care to shed any light on these fixtures?? Is is the same sort of Michael Walsh League teams that will line out??

REDCOL

This is Garrys 2nd team without 15 named players, its 13 a side. It is meant to be for teams that couldnt compete with the stronger second teams, not sure about Ballina, probably their third team

AbbeySider

Club games concern O'Mahony
15 April 2010

Mayo manager John O'Mahony admits that the scheduling of a full round of club league games for this weekend will leave him anxious.

O'Mahony will be keeping his fingers crossed that all his players come through unscathed ahead of Sunday week's league final against Cork at Croke Park.

The Westerners already have doubts over Keith Higgins, Seamus O'Shea, Enda Varley and Aidan Kilcoyne ahead of the final and with the club league games pencilled in for Sunday, there is always the risk that further injuries could be picked up.

O'Mahony revealed that he did not request the weekend off, but admitted that it would always be a concern when players are lining out for their clubs so close to such an important match.

"You'd prefer if players weren't playing in club matches but that's the nature of things," said O'Mahony. "I didn't make any requests to call games off, that's not something I get involved in. It's not ideal but we just have to get on with it."

I cant believe there is a full round of league club games this weekend with the National League final next weekend.

Farrandeelin

Results.

Reserve League Group 1
Burrishoole  0-12 2-7 Parke-Keelouges-Crimlin 

Group 2
Hollymount  1-9 1-6 Tourmakeady

About the club league games this weekend, I understand where O'Mahony is coming from, but I think that to call off the club games would be of annoyance to the ordinary club players. We all know that there can't be club games the week before an inter-county championship match and I think that's ok. There won't be any games on the weekend of the league final surely!

Farrandeelin

This weekend.

Welcome Inn Senior Football League Division 1A
Ballaghadereen v Shrule-Glencorrib   
Charlestown v Ballinrobe   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers v Knockmore   
Ballintubber v Ballina Stephenites 

Division 1B
Islandeady v Belmullet   
Burrishoole v Kiltane   
Breaffy v Davitts   
Aghamore v Garrymore   
Kiltimagh v Castlebar Mitchels 

Division 1C
Ardnaree v Hollymount   
Kilcommon v The Neale   
Parke-Keelouges-Crimlin v Kilmeena 
Achill v Ballyhaunis 
Louisburgh v Swinford 

Division 1D
Lahardane v Crossmolina Deel Rovers B   
Ballycastle v Ballina Stephenites B   
Charlestown B v Knockmore B   
Mayo Gaels v Kilmaine   
Killala v Bonniconlon 

Division 1E
Kilmovee v Bohola Moy-Davitts B   
Moygownagh v Ardagh   
Carramore v Ballinrobe B   
Ballintubber B v Eastern Gaels   
Claremorris B v Crossmolina Deel Rovers C

Division 1F
Davitts B v Shrule-Glencorrib B 
Ballyhaunis B v Ballaghadereen B 
Kilmovee B  v Aghamore B   
Kiltimagh B v Mayo Gaels B

Division 2F
Ballycroy v Lacken   
Swinford B v Breaffy B   
Balla v Achill B   
Westport B v Kilcommon B

Peter Solan the Great

Divison 1A

Ballaghadereen  2-5 1-11 Shrule-Glencorrib
Charlestown  0-5 0-7 Ballinrobe 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers  2-7 0-9 Knockmore 
Ballintubber  0-6 0-3 Ballina Stephenites 

Division 1B
Aghamore  2-9 4-6 Garrymore 
Kiltimagh  1-5 2-10 Castlebar Mitchels 
Islandeady  2-10 0-13 Belmullet 
Burrishoole  1-16 1-6 Kiltane 
Breaffy  1-17 1-7 Davitts 

Farrandeelin

Here's the rest.

Division 1C
Ardnaree  1-9 2-7 Hollymount   
Kilcommon  0-13 0-8 The Neale   
Parke-Keelouges-Crimlin  2-7 1-8 Kilmeena 
Achill  1-5 3-8 Ballyhaunis 
Louisburgh  0-15 1-8 Swinford

Division 1D
Mayo Gaels  0-7 3-15 Kilmaine 
Lahardane  1-11 2-9 Crossmolina Deel Rovers B   
Ballycastle  1-7 1-14 Ballina Stephenites B   
Charlestown B 0-11 1-12 Knockmore B

Division 1E
Claremorris B 2-12 2-5 Crossmolina Deel Rovers C
Moygownagh  1-9 1-7 Ardagh  Moygownagh Round 2 
Carramore  0-13 0-7 Ballinrobe B Carramore Round 2 
Ballintubber B 2-12 0-5 Eastern Gaels  Ballintubber Round 2 
Kilmovee  2-10 2-10 Bohola Moy-Davitts B

Division 1F
Davitts B 1-10 1-7 Shrule-Glencorrib B   
Ballyhaunis B 0-10 2-14 Ballaghadereen B   
Kilmovee  0-5 3-15 Aghamore B   
Kiltimagh B 3-13 0-9 Mayo Gaels B

Division 2F
Ballycroy  2-3 0-15 Lacken   
Swinford B 0-7 2-8 Breaffy B 
Balla  4-16 0-3 Achill B   
Westport B 4-18 2-3 Kilcommon B

rosnarun

Ballintubber  0-6 0-3 Ballina Stephenites 

IS THAT A FULL TIME?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Tubberman

QuoteBallintubber  0-6 0-3 Ballina Stephenites 

IS THAT A FULL TIME?

Yep!  :D
Conditions weren't great to be honest, heavy shower at the start of the match and spitting rain for the rest of it, which made things slippery. But still, there's no doubt it was a poor return.
Still, we'd be happy beating Ballina by double scores  :D :P
I thought Ballintubber's defence were excellent as a unit, with some standout performances from Cathal Hallinan, Michael Nestor and Danny Geraghty.
Alan Dillon worked his arse off, was everywhere. Ballintubber were good value for the victory - playing an extra man in defence made it difficult for the inside forwards to get on much ball which could go some way to explaning the low scoring from our point of view.
There was no sign of McGarritty for Ballina. Pat Harte played midfield and took the frees in absence of Liam Brady. All I'll say is I hope nobody lets him take a shot this Sunday if he plays, his shooting was atrocious!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

AbbeySider

Quote from: Tubberman on April 19, 2010, 08:44:11 AM
QuoteBallintubber  0-6 0-3 Ballina Stephenites 

IS THAT A FULL TIME?

Yep!  :D
Conditions weren't great to be honest, heavy shower at the start of the match and spitting rain for the rest of it, which made things slippery. But still, there's no doubt it was a poor return.
Still, we'd be happy beating Ballina by double scores  :D :P
I thought Ballintubber's defence were excellent as a unit, with some standout performances from Cathal Hallinan, Michael Nestor and Danny Geraghty.
Alan Dillon worked his arse off, was everywhere. Ballintubber were good value for the victory - playing an extra man in defence made it difficult for the inside forwards to get on much ball which could go some way to explaning the low scoring from our point of view.
There was no sign of McGarritty for Ballina. Pat Harte played midfield and took the frees in absence of Liam Brady. All I'll say is I hope nobody lets him take a shot this Sunday if he plays, his shooting was atrocious!

It was an enthralling game all the same which was in the mixing pot for long periods with both teams trying to wear each other down. It was an enjoyable game though.  :)

venter

it was a fairly physical game between Knockmore and Crossmolina. It was nice to win it in the end.
Brian Benson looked sharp eventhough he hit the post a couple of times from scorable opportunities. Ian Rowland also looks a decent prospect and is capable of taking a long range score. We'll need that if Ciaran Mac is not going to be returning to the panel this year. Good to see James Cafferty coming on in the second half, hopefully he can have an injury free summer.
Also, great to see Peadar back getting a run for the last ten minutes. He looked sharp and stood out when he came on with his support running. He has serious pace for an auld fella. He's still probably a fair bit off being ready for county at this stage.

I think we have the makings of a good young team and we'll go along way this year.