Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foreverhopeful

QuoteYes, that little bridge at the back of Whitestream, the Rocks and all those big houses divide Ballina from Knockmore. Further westwards that stream flows on to the North of Farrandeelin and Ballina have Knockleigh which is a rural area (the roads around the Showgrounds) would be Knockleigh.

You'd be a man for the quiz team!

stephenite

We're squeezed in by Ardnaree on one side and the paks out to the east - there was a time growing up when further down the Quay would've been considered rural, but not really anymore.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Foreverhopeful on January 27, 2010, 12:23:12 AM
QuoteYes, that little bridge at the back of Whitestream, the Rocks and all those big houses divide Ballina from Knockmore. Further westwards that stream flows on to the North of Farrandeelin and Ballina have Knockleigh which is a rural area (the roads around the Showgrounds) would be Knockleigh.

Ha, well I do know that area well enough anyway! PS, do the Stephenites take in any of Cooneal parish which has no club?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

stephenite

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 27, 2010, 08:41:35 AM

Ha, well I do know that area well enough anyway! PS, do the Stephenites take in any of Cooneal parish which has no club?

Kilalla takes in Cooneal?

ballinaman

Quote from: stephenite on January 27, 2010, 10:49:52 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 27, 2010, 08:41:35 AM

Kilalla takes in Cooneal?
Does indeed, i've cousins down there who are with Kilalla. Other "rural" Stephenite areas would be Ballyholan which is down the Downhill Hotel road until it loops back onto the Sligo road opposite greegs road, it's on the far side of that small river so it's not Ardnaree. You'd also be looking Ardoughan which links up Gurteens to the Kilalla road.

moysider

Belleek, Faranoo, Culleens, Knockitanole, Carrowkelly and Rathroeen on the North side.

muppet

Quote from: moysider on January 27, 2010, 08:41:38 PM
Belleek, Faranoo, Culleens, Knockitanole, Carrowkelly and Rathroeen on the North side.

I'm not familiar with this language.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

moysider, could Culleens and Belleek be considered rural anymore?

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 28, 2010, 12:10:42 AM
moysider, could Culleens and Belleek be considered rural anymore?

I should hope so. There s a few sucky calves around that area already this year. Unfortunately sheep have been mostly hunted into extinction by feral townie dogs long ago.

However a lot of the area survived the hideous 'developments' of the 'boom' years. I n spite of the best intentions of local planners and developers and the usual busy bodies aka councillors and politicians. Apart from a lot of linear and estates along the Killala Road and the poor siting of the Coca Cola plant the area has nt done too bad. Belleek woods, track and pitches is a top amenity for any town. Take a run or walk in those woods Farrandeelin and decide for yourself.

moysider

Quote from: muppet on January 27, 2010, 08:57:18 PM
Quote from: moysider on January 27, 2010, 08:41:38 PM

I'm not familiar with this language.

Христос, который является достаточно общим языком где-то здесь

Farrandeelin

So... Any clues as to who got who in the draw which supposedly took place last night ???

RedandGreenSniper

Knockmore got Ballaghaderreen, Ballina and Breaffy.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

muppet

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on January 28, 2010, 10:50:34 PM
Knockmore got Ballaghaderreen, Ballina and Breaffy.

That'll sort them out!
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

No bother if that is the truth... ;)

Farrandeelin

TF Royal Hotel and Theatre Senior, Intermediate and Junior Football Championships   The Draws for the TF Royal Hotel and Theatre Senior, Intermediate and Junior Football Championships which were due to take place in the TF Royal Hotel and Theatre, Castlebar on Wednesday next January 27th have been postponed to a later date.

That's sorted then. :)