Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

New Ballina management team of John Healy with McGarry & cathal Deasy as selectors. I'm very interested to hear what the townies have to say about this one
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

moysider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 31, 2009, 09:48:09 AM
New Ballina management team of John Healy with McGarry & cathal Deasy as selectors. I'm very interested to hear what the townies have to say about this one

Hmmmm. You ll have to wait for a townie to reply so.

Maybe it should be noted that the McGarry is Jim McGarry who has served as a selector in the past and was part of the Tommy Lyons AI winning set-up. I not aware that Cathal Deasy is involved in the senior gig.

Foreverhopeful

any suggestions for a north mayo team ( made up from junior clubs), they doing it over on hogan but was wondering what posters here though of it?

Davitt Man

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 31, 2009, 09:48:09 AM

Any other new club managements in place?? Is Joyce gone from Shrule??

Mayo4Sam

I had it that it was Paul McG & CD as selectors but I'll have to check my sources.

REDCOL

John Nally returns to the Garrymore hotseat after a eight year absence.

stephenite

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 05, 2010, 10:30:25 AM
I had it that it was Paul McG & CD as selectors but I'll have to check my sources.

Still checking?

Davitt Man

Any word on any new club managers or player transfers?

When are the League fixtures drawn up?

Davitt Man

Championship Draw 2010
25 January 2010

TF Royal Hotel and Theatre Senior, Intermediate and Junior Football Championships   The Draws for the TF Royal Hotel and Theatre Senior, Intermediate and Junior Football Championships will take place in the TF Royal Hotel and Theatre, Castlebar on Wednesday next January 27th at 9.00 pm.

rosnarun

i think my old coach gerry leonard is Def one of the selectors
off the point
do stepjhenhites claim much  of a rural area?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

AbbeySider

I see the league fixtures are up (no dates set yet) on www.mayogaa.com
You can also get the individual fixtures of your own clubs

Welcome Inn Senior Football League Division 1A
Round 1

Bohola Moy-Davitts Vs Crossmolina Deel Rovers    
Shrule-Glencorrib Vs Claremorris    
Ballinrobe Vs Ballaghadereen    
Ballina Stephenites Vs Charlestown    
Westport Vs Ballintubber

The rest of the rounds are here:
http://www.sportsmanager.ie/t3.php?userid=21&report=1&reporttype=fixtures&sportid=1&club_id=&clubid=&countyid=21&contentcountyid=21&contentsportid=1&id=25&from_date=26%2F01%2F2010&to_date=02%2F01%2F2010&dateorder=ASC&publicpage=0&text_alert_ad=1&from_date=26%2F01%2F2010&to_date=02%2F1%2F2010

Davitt Man

Quote from: Davitt Man on January 25, 2010, 03:57:14 PM
Championship Draw 2010
25 January 2010

TF Royal Hotel and Theatre Senior, Intermediate and Junior Football Championships   The Draws for the TF Royal Hotel and Theatre Senior, Intermediate and Junior Football Championships will take place in the TF Royal Hotel and Theatre, Castlebar on Wednesday next January 27th at 9.00 pm.

Mayo club championship draws postponed

Daniel Carey

THE draws for the Mayo Senior, Intermediate and Junior Football Championships, scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday), have been postponed following last night's meeting of Mayo GAA Board.
The proposed involvement of an amalgamated West Mayo team (involving players from Islandeady, Balla, Parke and Louisburgh) in the Senior Championship, passed at Convention in December, has run into a number of problems.
Since the experiment is to run for one year only, West Mayo are immune from relegation, an anomaly that has thrown up a number of possible legal difficulties. In addition to that, Junior and Senior Championship matches are now due to be played on the same weekend, so the constituent clubs of West Mayo may decide not to take part in the blue riband competition. West Mayo GAA Board Chairman Ollie Dillon is due to meet with the clubs involved next Thursday.
Board Chairman James Waldron said the Board was 'in a no-win situation', and agreed with Seán Mac Éil's observation that it was 'stuck between a rock and a hard place'.

muppet

Quote from: Davitt Man on January 26, 2010, 04:46:11 PM
Quote from: Davitt Man on January 25, 2010, 03:57:14 PM
Championship Draw 2010
25 January 2010

Mayo club championship draws postponed

Daniel Carey

THE draws for the Mayo Senior, Intermediate and Junior Football Championships, scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday), have been postponed following last night's meeting of Mayo GAA Board.
The proposed involvement of an amalgamated West Mayo team (involving players from Islandeady, Balla, Parke and Louisburgh) in the Senior Championship, passed at Convention in December, has run into a number of problems.
Since the experiment is to run for one year only, West Mayo are immune from relegation, an anomaly that has thrown up a number of possible legal difficulties. In addition to that, Junior and Senior Championship matches are now due to be played on the same weekend, so the constituent clubs of West Mayo may decide not to take part in the blue riband competition. West Mayo GAA Board Chairman Ollie Dillon is due to meet with the clubs involved next Thursday.
Board Chairman James Waldron said the Board was 'in a no-win situation', and agreed with Seán Mac Éil's observation that it was 'stuck between a rock and a hard place'.

Obviously, at the end of the day, when all is said and done, they'll have to consider the big picture...............or it's back to the drawing board.
MWWSI 2017

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: rosnarun on January 26, 2010, 12:48:48 AM
off the point

they are out to White stream house on our side, Rehins fort is in Knockmore.
Heard that about Gerry Leonard alright. And the mcgarry was jim, along with another fella I didn't know

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 26, 2010, 07:32:28 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on January 26, 2010, 12:48:48 AM
off the point

they are out to White stream house on our side, Rehins fort is in Knockmore.
Heard that about Gerry Leonard alright. And the mcgarry was jim, along with another fella I didn't know

Yes, that little bridge at the back of Whitestream, the Rocks and all those big houses divide Ballina from Knockmore. Further westwards that stream flows on to the North of Farrandeelin and Ballina have Knockleigh which is a rural area (the roads around the Showgrounds) would be Knockleigh.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.