Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 24, 2009, 04:51:00 PM
...I see over on hoganstand where a sensible poster who has an acronym used on here now and again has all the motions for the County convention. They're interesting to say the least.

*** Motions copied from HoganStand ***

MOTIONS [To Be Voted On(?)]:

1. That 2 teams are promoted from the Junior Championship to the Intermediate
Championship and from the Intermediate Championship to the Senior Championship each year and 2 teams relegated from the Senior Championship to the Intermediate Championship and from the Intermediate Championship to the Junior Championship each year. ( Coillte Mach)

2. That the County introduce a Junior 'B' Championship in 2011 with the
competing teams for the initial competition decided by the finishing positions in the 2010 Junior Championship. (Coillte Mach)

3. That Rule 44 of the T.O be ammended to remove the restriction on Central
Council which allows it to authorise the use of Croke Park for other sports only during the temporary period when Landsdowne Road stadium is closed
For development and that the reference in Rule 44 will simply read "Central Council shall have the power to authorise the use of Croke Park for games other than those controlled by the association". (Coillte Mach)

4. That the CCC restructure the County Football League as follows:
Senior League (for Senior Championship Clubs)
Intermediate League (for Intermediate Championship Clubs)
Junior League ( For Junior Championship Clubs) (Beal Atha h-Amhnais)

5. That in the event of any county final ending in a Draw, that the tie be decided
Means of a replay. (Beal Atha h-Aimhnais)

6. In all senior/intermediate/junior championship groups consisting of four teams,
That each of these four clubs will have 1 home match, 1 away match and the remaining match be played at a neutral venue. This will make it much fairer to
All clubs involved rather that the lopsided system there in place at the moment where some clubs play two of their three group games at home and other clubs play two of their three away from home. ( Garrai Mor)

7. That an amalgamation of the four exclusive Junior clubs (Balla, Islaneady, Louisburgh and Parke/Keelogues/Crimlin) in West Mayo are allowed to participate in the 2010 Senior Club Championship under the title of West Mayo. (Oilean Eadaigh)

8. That the U-21 Championship reverts back to the Divisional Boards until the County Semi-Final Stage. (Oilean Eadaigh)

ballinaman

7. That an amalgamation of the four exclusive Junior clubs (Balla, Islaneady, Louisburgh and Parke/Keelogues/Crimlin) in West Mayo is an interesting motion.

Would be great if it worked, divisional system works well in Kerry even though it's nearly impossible to follow the format. It was tried a few years ago and didn't last long though, i know Moygowna and Ardagh have had problems working and playing together for Ardmoy, Moygowna feeling hard done by the number of it's players who were selected to start.

saffronandblue

Looks like they are after Kevin Mcloughlin for Aussie Rules now :(, I hope thats wrong.  I can't see him going though and only hope that he gets an extended run at centre half forward this year on the Under 21 and Senior County team.  This would be his best position in my opinion and I only hope he gets a chance in this position instead of plugging a hole at corner back.

ballinaman

Quote from: saffronandblue on November 25, 2009, 10:36:02 AM
Looks like they are after Kevin Mcloughlin for Aussie Rules now :(, I hope thats wrong.  I can't see him going though and only hope that he gets an extended run at centre half forward this year on the Under 21 and Senior County team.  This would be his best position in my opinion and I only hope he gets a chance in this position instead of plugging a hole at corner back.

I find that hard to believe, has to be a bullshit rumour.

AbbeySider

Quote from: ballinaman on November 25, 2009, 01:54:37 PM

We said that about Aidan O Shea, Pearse Hanly, Kyle Coney, Tommy Walsh, Moran etc !!

ballinaman

Ya but they were playing intercounty football and had a fair bit of national exposure....seems like Nixon must have a permanent scout in Mayo if it's true.

the Deel Rover

well he is a talented footballer and is so adaptable that he could play any where, if he were to bulk up im sure he could adapt to Oz rules
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Farrandeelin

Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 25, 2009, 04:53:27 PM

well he is a talented footballer and is so adaptable that he could play any where, if he were to bulk up im sure he could adapt to Oz rules

He won't bulk up. It's not in him. At least I hope not after this rumour! :o
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

RedandGreenSniper

Some very interesting motions. I hadn't seen them before this. Will be interesting to see how they go.

Quote from: AbbeySider on November 25, 2009, 09:31:03 AM

Championship and from the Intermediate Championship to the Senior Championship each year and 2 teams relegated from the Senior Championship to the Intermediate Championship and from the Intermediate Championship to the Junior Championship each year. ( Coillte Mach)

A very good motion in theory and I would agree with the substance of it. There needs to be a more fluid movement of talent through the grades. Too many bad teams can stay up and too many good teams can stay down. Mayo used to have two up and two down. When we won the Junior and Intermediate in 03 and 04, getting to the final automatically meant promotion. It did still in 2005 but people might remember then that in 05 Ballaghaderreen were actually relegated after losing to Garrymore in a relegation play-off until Croke Park intervened and said you can only relegate one team. So Hollymount and Ballagh, both who thought they were down, had to play off, Ballagh won and were in the county final the following year. I think that will be the problem with this motion - that Croke Park dictates a certain route for all counties. At the very least though Mayo should bring it to congress.

Ballyhaunis' motion to bring Senior league in for senior championship and so on in inter and junior is something John Prenty has been pushing for this last good while. I'm open to correction on this but I think this will mean that there will be no promotion between league by virtue of league results. If you get promoted from Inter cship to senior, you will automatically be promoted from the league and vice versa if you get relegated. So league results themselves will have no bearing on your status. But it will mean
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

RedandGreenSniper

COMPUTER IS FUCKED UP SO MY POST CONTINUES HERE  >:(

So it will mean that the league may become a bit of a dead duck. Two things on that - it will still be an important competition for prep for championship but you could see, for instance, Ballinrobe win the league, get relegated in championship and then be relegated in the league. That nearly happened this year (nearly won the league, nearly relegated in championship).
But the lack of importance of the games could see a lot of league games played during the summer without county players which I guess most club footballers will welcome. This is all presuming I'm taking the motion up correctly. I hope there's at least some interesting discussion on it and not the usual slobbering from lads who haven't much of an idea what's going on. Here's hoping.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

moysider

Agree. It would be great to see McLoughlin at 11 as you say instead of doin a stopgap at corner back just because he can. i can hardly see him going abroad.

I wonder what the hell status has Nixon got in this country? Is he an Irish citizen? A EU citizen? Did somebody give him a green card? He s clearly makin a few bob from his scouting here, but is he legally entitled to do so on whatever visa he has?
I mean, we re a great country. We want to send African women and their little girls back home to be circumcised but tolerate a parisite like Nixon.

Farrandeelin

I'd rather to see the Ballyhaunis motion refer to the way it was in the 90s, when the League was important. When relegation from the league meant losing whatever status you were in. If that was the case I'd be all for it.

Davitt Man

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 26, 2009, 08:49:43 AM
I'd rather to see the Ballyhaunis motion refer to the way it was in the 90s, when the League was important. When relegation from the league meant losing whatever status you were in. If that was the case I'd be all for it.

They were the great days when every league game meant a great deal. There was some great tussle when the league status determined your c\ship status. If you ask me the standard of club football has dropped because the league has nearly become meaningless.

AbbeySider

As R&GS said, promotional prospects are very slim throughout the championships. It would raise the standard of things by making teams work harder to stay up or get promoted. I can se this one get passed, if Croke Park would allow it.

2. That the County introduce a Junior 'B' Championship in 2011 with the
competing teams for the initial competition decided by the finishing positions in the 2010 Junior Championship. (Coillte Mach)
This motion makes a huge amount of sense. There was about 32 teams this year in the Junior A Championship which turned the competition into a joke. A lot (not all) of the B teams and some first teams were very poor and it was of no benefit to them or stronger Junior teams hammering them off the park.

4. That the CCC restructure the County Football League as follows:
Senior League (for Senior Championship Clubs)
Intermediate League (for Intermediate Championship Clubs)
Junior League ( For Junior Championship Clubs) (Beal Atha h-Amhnais)
I dont see the benifit of this one without making the league rendered useless.

5. That in the event of any county final ending in a Draw, that the tie be decided
Means of a replay. (Beal Atha h-Aimhnais)
Is this not the case? In the replay there is 2 half of extra time then?

6. In all senior/intermediate/junior championship groups consisting of four teams,
That each of these four clubs will have 1 home match, 1 away match and the remaining match be played at a neutral venue. This will make it much fairer to
All clubs involved rather that the lopsided system there in place at the moment where some clubs play two of their three group games at home and other clubs play two of their three away from home. ( Garrai Mor)
I dont see why not... having tow home games if defiantly an advantage.

7. That an amalgamation of the four exclusive Junior clubs (Balla, Islaneady, Louisburgh and Parke/Keelogues/Crimlin) in West Mayo are allowed to participate in the 2010 Senior Club Championship under the title of West Mayo. (Oilean Eadaigh)
I would love to see this. Although I dont see a West Mayo team making much of an impression, and I could see the team being lopsided with Louisburgh and Parke players, its still worth a shot. 

8. That the U-21 Championship reverts back to the Divisional Boards until the County Semi-Final Stage. (Oilean Eadaigh)
I dont agree with this as there are too many strong West Mayo Teams. The three teams left in the finals are West Mayo teams