Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

QuoteCastlebar Mitchels 1-4 Breaffy 1-2 in U-21 A championship. Don't know if it will be replayed or not. Ref blew whistle early according to radio.

Why? A timekeeping mistake, or the pitch condition deteriorated and became unplayable?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

RedandGreenSniper

Timekeeping mistake. He blew up in the 57th minute. A honest mistake but one he shouldn't be making. Awful game, two teams tried very hard but some amount of mistakes. Weather a big factor I guess.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Tubberman

Terrible scoring after 57 mins, but horrible day to be out playing in fairness.
What's the likely scenario now - presume Breaffy will be looking for a replay.

AbbeySider

The Ballintubber Vs Ballinrobe U21 game is now in Cong tomorrow, Sunday at 12 noon.

muppet

Quote from: Tubberman on November 21, 2009, 05:00:45 PM

The Minister for Foreign Affairs has already called on the County Board to give a replay while a number of Breaffy supporters were seen protesting outside Mick Byrnes. The protest ended peacefully when it started raining and the protesters went in for a point.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Quote from: muppet on November 21, 2009, 05:48:19 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on November 21, 2009, 05:00:45 PM

The Minister for Foreign Affairs has already called on the County Board to give a replay while a number of Breaffy supporters were seen protesting outside Mick Byrnes. The protest ended peacefully when it started raining and the protesters went in for a point.

:D Class muppet. Maybe the Breaffy fans will protest outside govt buildings in order to force the replay to go ahead!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RedandGreenSniper

NEWSFLASH:

Double header Wednesday night in the Nou Camp, Barcelona. Ireland v France, World Cup Qualifer Replay followed by the main event, Mayo County Under 21 A semi-final replay, Breaffy v Castlebar. Aidan O'Shea is due to return from Melbourne for the night. Barcelona chosen to shorten the journey for him. Henry is going to be invited to line out for Mitchels given his recent aptitude for Gaelic football.

AbbeySider

U21 A Championship Semi Final
Ballintubber 4-05  Ballinrobe 0-07

Good 10 victory over Ballinrobe who were probably out classed. Bad conditions but the pitch in Cong/The Neal held up very well.

Roll on Mitchles in the final.... cant wait for it.

Tubberman

Yeah, great to make the final again!
Very good first half performance from Ballintubber, while Ballinrobe never really got going in the half. Think it was 3-03 to 0-4 at half time (not certain on that).
Ballinrobe were much better in the second half, but apart from a couple of quick points early on, they found scores very difficult to come by.
The pitch held up pretty well considering all the rain we've had (and had during the match), but on a general point it's unfair to have the U-21 championship decided this late in the year. It's almost impossible to have a top quality match in conditions at this time of year. Since these are the top teams in the county, they should at least be given a fair chance to show their abilities.

Having said that, anyone in Ballintubber will take the chance to go up against the Mitchels and put titles back-to-back  :D

Farrandeelin

Any word on where the Minor League Division 1 final will be?

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 22, 2009, 08:43:44 PM
Any word on where the Minor League Division 1 final will be?

Fair play Farrandeelin. I dont know where you get the enthusiasm from.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Tubberman on November 22, 2009, 07:12:24 PM
Yeah, great to make the final again!
Very good first half performance from Ballintubber, while Ballinrobe never really got going in the half. Think it was 3-03 to 0-4 at half time (not certain on that).
Ballinrobe were much better in the second half, but apart from a couple of quick points early on, they found scores very difficult to come by.

Ballinrobe, although well behind, had us on the ropes for spells in the 2nd half and a period just before half time. They suffered from lack of finishing and poor passes going astray that cost them.
Some exceptional performances by Ballintubber defenders who worked tirelessly and kept Ballinrobe at bay.
It will be a great final. Mitchles have some great forwards in Neil Douglas, Hopkins and Aidan Walsh and are strong in the middle with McDonagh and Danny Kirby. There will be some interesting match-ups.

RedandGreenSniper

Breaffy against Mitchels Under 21 A semi-final will be replayed next Saturday at 2pm in Castlebar.

AbbeySider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on November 23, 2009, 11:37:37 PM
Breaffy against Mitchels Under 21 A semi-final will be replayed next Saturday at 2pm in Castlebar.

I never thought I would see it. Unreal

Farrandeelin

Quote from: AbbeySider on November 24, 2009, 12:37:41 AM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on November 23, 2009, 11:37:37 PM

I never thought I would see it. Unreal

Hgrdly that unreal, I mean the ref blew up early. Just like what happened in 98 in the hurling semi between Clare and Offaly. I see over on hoganstand where a sensible poster who has an acronym used on here now and again has all the motions for the County convention. They're interesting to say the least.