Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

*Modified* again ;D

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
the Deel Rover, venter, Never beat the deeler, Redgreenery, larry buaile, MadMayo(?),

Ballina Stephenites
stephenite, MoySider, muscles magoo(?), ballinaman, Bomber2312

Knockmore
Mayo4Sam, Farrandeelin, macdanger2, mayoman dan, saffronandblue

Castlebar Mitchles
Muppet, Son of Sam, The Flying Doctor

Kiltaine
Ludermore, IntoDWest, The Blegard

Ballintubber
AbbeySider, Tubberman

Breaffy

RedAndGreenSniper, West Mayo

Bohola Moy Davitts
Davitt Man

Tourmakeady
An Gaeilgoir

Garymore
REDCOL

Swinford
Lar Naparka, Maradona

Keenagh/Crossmolina
Rosnarun

Claremorris
western exile, FL/Mayo

Shrule Glencorrib
kevmy

Ballaghaderreen

Oirtheair MaighEo

Kilcommon
Bod Mor

Kilmane
mayo51

Ballyhaunis
Barney

Charlestown
Foreverhopeful, Greenabovethered

Burrishoole
Bucko

Unknown (yet...)
Dodo: (ill leave it up to himself if he wants to say )
StoneWall: ( guessing - Balla,Westport or Claremorris )
Blast05: (Lacken/Ballycastle/Ardagh/Moygownagh/Kilfian ?)
IolarCoisCuain:?
flame still burns: ?
small white mayoman: ?
whitey: ?
New Departure: ?
GBXII: ?

Farrandeelin

mayoman dan's living in Knockmore but has no affiliation to any club in the county. I could've sworn Barney told me once upon a time that he couldn't reveal where he is from...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AbbeySider

I know where Dodo is from, but it took me days if not weeks of questions and cryptic clues through PM's to find out.
I dont know if I should "Out" him so ill leave it up to himself !

Well Dodo... ?

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 11, 2009, 01:57:27 PM
mayoman dan's living in Knockmore but has no affiliation to any club in the county. I could've sworn Barney told me once upon a time that he couldn't reveal where he is from...

So what do we do? Ill stick him in Knockmore since he lives there...

Greenabovethered

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 11, 2009, 01:51:56 PM
All the Charlestown people are coming out now I notice! :D

Add me to the Charlestown list also.

ballinaman

Good spread of clubs which is good to see...none from the Ballycastle/Killiala/Lacken area.....Kilmovee or Eastern Gaels direction either, be nice to hear from Achill and Ballycroy too.

AbbeySider

Quote from: ballinaman on November 11, 2009, 02:04:53 PM
Good spread of clubs which is good to see...none from the Ballycastle/Killiala/Lacken area.....Kilmovee or Eastern Gaels direction either, be nice to hear from Achill and Ballycroy too.

Im sure they are lurking though...

Farrandeelin

Add saffronandblue to Knockmore's contributors.

ballinaman

Quote from: AbbeySider on November 11, 2009, 02:11:34 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on November 11, 2009, 02:04:53 PM

Im sure they are lurking though...

True, don't know what big deal is to keep it quiet where you are from. Fair few clubs represented not publically I'd say....

GBXII

Quote from: Greenabovethered on November 11, 2009, 01:58:33 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 11, 2009, 01:51:56 PM
All the Charlestown people are coming out now I notice! :D

Add me to the Charlestown list also.

I'm not from Charlestown :)

Farrandeelin

Fixtures for next weekend.

Saturday 14th November
Minor League Division 1
Kiltimagh v Ballina Stephenites
Knockmore v Castlebar Mitchels

Minor League Division 2
Ballyhaunis v Westport
Round Towers v Claremorris

They're League semi-finals.

Sunday November 15th
Minor B Final
Charlestown Sarsfields v The Neale in Ballyhaunis

RedandGreenSniper

There's no one at all from west Mayo that we know of. No Westport, Louisburgh, Kilmeena, Burrishoole, Achill. A fairly big area to be barren. All Michael Ring voters perhaps.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ballinaman

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on November 11, 2009, 02:21:35 PM
There's no one at all from west Mayo that we know of. No Westport, Louisburgh, Kilmeena, Burrishoole, Achill. A fairly big area to be barren. All Michael Ring voters perhaps.

Don't forget Na Oilean GAA club and the islands...not a peep from them! although....internet connection could be a problem!!

AbbeySider

Quote from: ballinaman on November 11, 2009, 02:25:26 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on November 11, 2009, 02:21:35 PM

Don't forget Na Oilean GAA club and the islands...not a peep from them! although....internet connection could be a problem!!

Sadly Na Oilean GAA are finished. The club disbanded and most of them play with Louisburgh juniors now.

Years ago we were due to play them in a Junior game. The game had to be postponed...
there was a low tide they couldnt get in!  :D

RedandGreenSniper

The Inishturk programme on RTÉ celebrating the GAA was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Superb TV and well worth watching online if anyone gets a chance. I'll go and look for the link.

Inishturk and Clare Island competed as Na Oilean but they had obvious difficulties. The islanders are great Gaels though. I know a few of them that travel everywhere to watch Mayo play and, believe me, it would put the ordinary Mayo diehard to shame.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

AbbeySider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on November 11, 2009, 03:05:10 PM
The Inishturk programme on RTÉ celebrating the GAA was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Superb TV and well worth watching online if anyone gets a chance. I'll go and look for the link.

Inishturk and Clare Island competed as Na Oilean but they had obvious difficulties. The islanders are great Gaels though. I know a few of them that travel everywhere to watch Mayo play and, believe me, it would put the ordinary Mayo diehard to shame.

I had a giggle on the last page because a low tide is the funniest excuse for a game to be cancelled that I have ever heard.

But you have to hand it to them. I have a lot of respect for them because it cant be easy to get lads together and it was some achievement even competing on the mainland.

Did Na Oilean GAA used to row boats into games or is that a myth?

Clare Island invited us (Ballintubber) out last year for a friendly (mixed teams) and a session. I couldnt make that weekend but the lads still talk about it; they had a great night. Sound lads.