Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: stephenite on October 14, 2009, 02:17:32 AM
Quote from: fearsiuil on October 14, 2009, 01:07:41 AM
Hope his words don't come back to haunt him !
Hope they do!

Well if Ardnaree are reading that interview it will be good motivation! From that interview its seems to me that Kilti's players heads are not right going into the game. Nobody has a god given right to win anything.
I think if he was more humble and said things like they have a lot of work to do and it will take a huge effort, then that would be normal.

For the record, Kiltimagh only beat us (Ballintubber B) by 5 points in Clogher. They had a late second half rally where they got a few scores and we shot a few wides. On the evening we were short 5 junior first team players, even so, the game could have gone either way.
They are showing a complete lack of respect for the Junior A championship (which is not very far away from Intermediate standard a few years ago)
I think they have a bit of an opinion of themselves, and they could be in for a rude awakening.
Fingers crossed; after reading that interview...  :P

Farrandeelin

From Hoganstand:

Charlestown manager, Ciaran McBrien, says his team must match Knockmore's heart and determination if they are to claim this year's Mayo senior football championship title.

McBrien's charges edged through their semi-final battle with Castlebar last Sunday at McHale Park thanks to a late penalty from Colm Maye, which saw them into next Sunday week's decider.

"It's great to be back in the final but that'll mean nothing if we don't go on and win it," McBrien told The Mayo News newspaper.

"We were lucky out there. We got a penalty at crucial stage. Castlebar tried their best to recover from it but they just didn't have enough time. The penalty really decided the game in the end."

Looking at their next opposition, McBrien knows his side will be up against when they got to take on team aiming to end 12 years of wait for county championship glory.

"Knockmore have tradition, they haven't won one since 1997 so they're going to be determined," he said.

"They play on the edge. Legally, but they play on the edge. They make it difficult for you to play against them. They showed the last day against Crossmolina that they had the heart for it, that they wanted to win it. We're going to have to show the same thing against Knockmore if we're to win a county title, because they don't hand them out for nothing."

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Davitt Man

surprised knockmore are favorites with PP

Knockmore v Charlestown Sarsfields 4/6 13/2 6/4

Here are the All Ireland odds with ladbrokes

Kerry rep's 7.00
St Gall's Antrim 7.00
Portlaoise Laois 9.00
Clonakilty Cork 11.00
Corofin Galway 11.00
Ballyboden St Enda's Dublin 13.00
Loup Derry 15.00
St Eunan's Donegal 15.00
Dromore Tyrone 17.00
Knockmore Mayo 17.00
Moorefield Kildare 17.00
Pearse Og Armagh 17.00
Cavan Gaels Cavan 21.00
Clontibret Monaghan 21.00
Charlestown Mayo 34.00
Mountbellew/Moylough Galway 34.00
Navan O'Mahoney's Meath 34.00
St Jude's Dublin 34.00

Farrandeelin

Jay so am I! I'd say Aiden Higgins will stick like glue to O'Neill the next day.

macdanger2

Having Kilcoyne back will be a huge boost, I just hope we can win enough at midfield to give himself, chuckie and Gaughan a decent shot at it. Munnelly is a big loss though.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 16, 2009, 02:55:11 AM
Having Kilcoyne back will be a huge boost, I just hope we can win enough at midfield to give himself, chuckie and Gaughan a decent shot at it. Munnelly is a big loss though.

I'm afraid not. He's out as well from what I hear. Shoulder injury last night. Massive loss.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Farrandeelin

Yep, he's out alright. F**K!!!! >:(

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

macdanger2

f**k.

knockmore will struggle now.....

GBXII

Farrandeelin

Charlestown 2-14 Ballina Stephenites 0-8
Breaffy 1-10 Westport 1-10

Only results to hand in Division 1A of Senior league.

Charlestown preparing well for next Sunday anyway.

StoneWall

Kiltimagh won junior 0-11 to 1-6. Ardnaree lead at half time 1-5 to 0-6.

Farrandeelin

Kiltimagh's number 6 got 2 yellows I think but no red. Can anyone confirm this?

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 18, 2009, 06:14:19 PM
Kiltimagh's number 6 got 2 yellows I think but no red. Can anyone confirm this?

Cant confirm it but it looked that way to me too. His first card should have been a red on its own. The fact that he was subbed at half time makes it look even more dodgy. Then he was reintroduced in last few minutes and was involved in the fracas at the end.

Anyway Kiltimagh had too much craft for Ardnaree today and deserved their win but probably should never have ended up in Junior. Ardnaree should learn a lot from today. They play a lovely type of game and if they get more practical as individuals and as a team they ll do well.

blast05

Quotebut probably should never have ended up in Junior.

Why ?? For the same type of reasons Newcastle 'should' never have got relegated from the Premiership ?!
If so then i don't buy it.
The only problem is its such a pity Ardnaree didn't beat them after the complete lack of respect they showed for the junior championship