Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 05, 2009, 11:37:17 PM
Very good win for Knockmore, Cross never really looked liked winning it bar a few good scores at the end of the first half to draw level. I'd say Tom Nallen might call it a day, what age is he? And maybe drop James back to 3?

Tom is younger than James!

venter

Did anybody else think that the ref was awful? He gave frees in the first half particularly for the slightest little touch - no wonder we get a shock when we hit croke park and the players don't get frees for just falling over. Perhaps a lot of them were frees by the letter of the law but we need to start applying the same standards at club level as are applied at county level.

Yeah, I thought the ref was terrible as well. He was spoiling the game with his constant whistling. The slightest contact at all and it was a free for the player in possession. It would drive you mad. I dont hink it favoured any team in particular, it just lowered the intensity of the game with the constant stopping and starting.

I think Cross could be looking at a few retirements : Tom Nallen, Jimmy Nallen, Ciaran Mac, Joe Keane & Paddy McAndrew.

I think Tom has still plenty to offer and would like to see him stick around for another year.
We'll be looking at the likes of  Sean Kelly & Ian Rowland ( both won north american championships this summer) to replace Mac and Joe Keane. Hopefully Cathal Carolan will improve as well. Brian Benson and Mike Gallagher are both good players as well.

In midfield I think we have a class player in James Cafferty coming though. If he can get a full league under his belt and nail a regular spot he could grow in confidence and be a massive addition.

I think Tom would be hardest to replace, but if Damian Syron got a year free of injury he would certainly be looking to get back in there.

We are definitley back in the pack at this stage, but I think we are still competitive and can hold out some hope for next year.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: venter on October 06, 2009, 01:53:46 PM
Did anybody else think that the ref was awful? He gave frees in the first half particularly for the slightest little touch - no wonder we get a shock when we hit croke park and the players don't get frees for just falling over. Perhaps a lot of them were frees by the letter of the law but we need to start applying the same standards at club level as are applied at county level.

Yeah, I thought the ref was terrible as well. He was spoiling the game with his constant whistling. The slightest contact at all and it was a free for the player in possession. It would drive you mad. I dont hink it favoured any team in particular, it just lowered the intensity of the game with the constant stopping and starting.

I think Cross could be looking at a few retirements : Tom Nallen, Jimmy Nallen, Ciaran Mac, Joe Keane & Paddy McAndrew.

I think Tom has still plenty to offer and would like to see him stick around for another year.
We'll be looking at the likes of  Sean Kelly & Ian Rowland ( both won north american championships this summer) to replace Mac and Joe Keane. Hopefully Cathal Carolan will improve as well. Brian Benson and Mike Gallagher are both good players as well.

In midfield I think we have a class player in James Cafferty coming though. If he can get a full league under his belt and nail a regular spot he could grow in confidence and be a massive addition.

I think Tom would be hardest to replace, but if Damian Syron got a year free of injury he would certainly be looking to get back in there.

We are definitley back in the pack at this stage, but I think we are still competitive and can hold out some hope for next year.

i'd agree with you venter can see most of the lads you named there retiring however i'm not as optomistic about the future as you . its only when these boys go that we will see how good they were and how lucky we were to firstly see them in action and secondly that there were from our own club as regards the 2 lads you mentioned while both good players the not the same qualitiy of player as mc and joe those type of players don't come around to ofter. What age are the lads at this stage 22 or 23?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

macdanger2

Didn't realise Tom was younger than James! He was beaten for pace by O'Neill which isn't a great sign for him.

Sean Kelly looked very good in the first half in particular but faded in the 2nd, what age is he??

Farrandeelin

Charlestown to see of Castlebar and to win the thing out. What's the rest of ye're predictions?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 09, 2009, 10:41:43 AM
Charlestown to see of Castlebar and to win the thing out. What's the rest of ye're predictions?

I have been wrong in nearly every prediction bar Charlestown beating Kiltane.
I guess you cant really predict whats going to happen in the quarter final stages.

But I think that Mitchell's are punching above their weight, and I expect Charlestown to beat them...
Id fancy Knocmore in the final as they seem to get their tactics right on the day.

If they close down Parsons and Ginger, then Charlestown will be in trouble.

Mayo4Sam

Would ya f**k off abbeysider, don't be predicting us, it's like a kiss of death
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

AbbeySider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on October 09, 2009, 11:47:30 AM

:D :D :D

Your jinxed now!

Seriously, I hope ye do it...  ;)

ballinaman

Quote from: AbbeySider on October 09, 2009, 12:03:09 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on October 09, 2009, 11:47:30 AM

:D :D :D

Your jinxed now!

Seriously, I hope ye do it...  ;)

I'd back Knockmore too....both Charlestown and Castlebar have a touch of Ballagh about them, lots of talent but when it comes to crunch......Knockmore have steel and resolve in spades....

RedandGreenSniper

Castlebar to beat Charlestown and Knockmore then to beat Castlebar.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Farrandeelin

Breaffy 1-11 Burrishoole 0-11 in the U-21 quarter-final today. 

RedandGreenSniper

Bonniconlon beat Louisburgh in the Intermediate relegation play-off 0-17 to 1-6 in  Breaffy. Louisburgh gone Junior. Twas sad to see them go down without a whimper. They've fallen back an awful lot and it is hard to see them coming back up any time soon.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

joemamas

Charlestown 0-8
Castlebar  0-5

10 mins into second half

joemamas

Charlestown  1-10
Castlebar       0-10

Charlestown scored penalty five mins to go.

Three county finals in a row. Hopefully they can close it out. They have been very focused all year, lost the plot a little in the summer, but now back on track.

Farrandeelin

Belmullet 0-16 Kilcommon 1-8 in the intermediate quarter-final.