Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

I suppose O'Neill will get motm but every one of the lads were great today. Fair play. It'd be nice to end this long decade with a county title.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

the Deel Rover

Best of luck to knockmore in the final best team won . Would like to see dec sweeneY and kon get their hands on another winners medal good luck in the final
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Farrandeelin

Cheers Deel Rover and Terry tate, Munnelly will miss it though. He broke a bone in his arm. I still can't believe we've gotten this far though. If you'd said to me we'd draw Ballina and Crossmolina in the group stages and take the 2 of them out of it I'd have taken it gladly. ;)

muppet

Well done to the Mitchels today, great result.
MWWSI 2017

western exile

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 04, 2009, 07:47:58 PM
Cheers Deel Rover and Terry tate, Munnelly will miss it though. He broke a bone in his arm. I still can't believe we've gotten this far though. If you'd said to me we'd draw Ballina and Crossmolina in the group stages and take the 2 of them out of it I'd have taken it gladly. ;)
Well done Knockmore again!   There will be no stopping ye now  ;)

Davitt Man

Did anyone hear that the u-21 quarter finals are on this wkend??

Farrandeelin

I doubt it DM, Knockmore's minor semi is on Sunday I think.

Tubberman

QuoteWell done to the Mitchels today, great result.

What was the score in this match? I hope it was a better spectacle than the drawn game, or Charlestown will have a handy semi-final.
Great result for Knockmore in the first match. Heard some of Billy Fitz on mad-west and he was lamenting the fact that KON was effectively lost to Mayo football from 93 (when he won an All-Star) to 2006 (when he was recalled by Mickey Moran).
It's another 'what if' story, you'd have to think he'd have made a big difference in 96 (but didn't he break his leg in the lead up to the final that year, or was that '97)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ludermor

I see belmullet and kilcommon drew yesterday, is belmullet capable of winning any game in one go? They were fairly confident of beating their neighbours yesterday so will be interesting to see if they can lift themselves for the replay

Davitt Man

I was in McHale Park yest, first time seeing the new stand, very impressive but fecking freezing!

Knockmore deserved there win and looked comfortable in the 2nd half when they went ahead, they tackled and worked like dogs, serious workrate, the sweeneys had solid games and knockmore hoovered up more of the breaks. Gerry Gaughan was there best forward with 3 from play and caused the cross corner back all sorts of problems. O'Neill was serious on the frees as usual, the one form about 55yards in front of the stand was top drawer stuff, it was the master showing the apprentice how to do it as killer came out to take that free but chucky took the ball and drove it over. Cross were very poor by there standards, they didnt get their running game going at all mainly due to knockmores hunger and workrate tracking and stopping runners. Knockmore will be hard beaten, defensivly tight and have a some dangerous forwards with killer back now but Munnelly will be a big loss, the only worry i would have for knockmore is they rely to much on frees.

The Shrule v Castlebar game was terrible, i waited for the first half and it was the longest half of football i have seen in ages. very poor fair. Castlebar should have been bout 10 12 clear at halftime for all the ball they had, Shrule looked shapeless and didnt seem interested at all.

Davitt Man

Muscles Magoo, any fixtures for this wkend yet??

westmayo

Welcome Inn Senior Football League Division 1B Sat 10 Oct at 5.00
Davitts V Garrymore, Ref: Eamonn McAndrew in Davitts;

Welcome Inn Senior Football League Division 1E Sat 10 Oct at 5.00
Ballaghaderreen B V Ballycastle, Ref: Peter Geraghty in Ballaghaderreen B;

County Under 21 A Football Championship Sat 10 Oct at 4.30
Breaffy V Burrishoole, Ref: Declan Corcoran in Islandeady;
Linesmen: Martin Corcoran and Joe Corcoran

T.J. Tyrell Senior Hurling Championship Final Sat 10 Oct at 4.30
Tooreen V Ballyhaunis, Ref: Aodhan MacSuibhne in Tooreen;
Linesmen: Joe Conway and Ciaran Byrne

Bord na nOg Under 18 Football League Division 1 Sat 10 Oct at 5.00
Swinford V Ballina Stephenites, Ref: Ronan Gurren in Swinford;

Bord na nOg Under 18 Football League Division 2 Sat 10 Oct at 5.00
Claremorris V Ardnaree, Ref: John Glavey in Claremorris;
Naomh Pádraig V Westport, Ref: Pat Dowling in Naomh Pádraig;

Bord na nOg Under 13 Football League Division 1 Semi Final Sat 10 Oct at 12.00
Ballaghaderreen V Knockmore, Ref: Peadar Walsh in Ballaghaderreen;
Claremorris V Moy Davitts, Ref: Michael Lenehan in Claremorris;

South Mayo O'Meara Cup Football Competition Final Sat 10 Oct at 4.30
Shrule-Glencorrib V Ballinrobe, Ref: John Hughes in Garrymore;
Linesmen: Gerard Canney and Sean Reilly

South Mayo Junior B Football Competition Final Sat 10 Oct at 3.00
Hollymount V Carramore, Ref: Martin Murphy in Garrymore;
Linesmen: Gerard Canney and Padraig Costello

County Senior Football Championship Semi Final Sun 11 Oct at 3.45
Charlestown V Castlebar Mitchels, Ref: Martin Murphy in Castlebar;
Linesmen: Kevin Connelly and Padraig Costello

County Intermediate Football Championship Sun 11 Oct at 1.45
Béal an Mhuirthead V Cill Chomáin, Ref: Ronan Gurren in Crossmolina;
Linesmen: Benny Holmes and Malachy McCarron

County Intermediate Football Championship Sun 11 Oct at 12.00
Louisburgh V Bonniconlon, Ref: Michael Daly in Breaffy;
Linesmen: Michael McHale and John McHale

County Under 21 A Football Championship Sun 11 Oct at 12.00
Ballintubber V Swinford, Ref: John Boyle in Mayo Abbey;
Linesmen: Michael Vahey and Mark Tuffy

County Under 21 B Football Championship Sun 11 Oct at 12.00
Kiltane V Ballaghaderreen, Ref: Mel Kenny in Crossmolina;
Linesmen: Benny Holmes and Malachy McCarron

County Under 12 Hurling League Section A Final Sun 11 Oct at 3.30
Castlebar V Tooreen, Ref: Gerry Kilbride in Claremorris;

County Under 12 Hurling League Section B Final Sun 11 Oct at 5.30
Caiseal Gaels V Moytura, Ref: Darren Greaney in Claremorris;

County Minor A Hurling Championship Sun 11 Oct at 1.00
Ballyhaunis V Castlebar, Ref: Aodhan MacSuibhne in To be announced;
Linesmen: Tom Larkin and James McGrath

Bord na nOg Under 18 Football League Division 3 Sun 11 Oct at 2.00
Ballaghaderreen V The Neale, Ref: Peadar Walsh in Ballaghaderreen;

Bord na nOg Under 15 Football League Division 1B Sun 11 Oct at 12.00
Kiltimagh V Ballaghaderreen, Ref: Paddy Carney in Kiltimagh;
Knockmore V Kiltane, Ref: Ray Devine in Knockmore;
Charlestown V Davitts, Ref: Jon Finn in Charlestown;

Bord na nOg Under 13 Football League Division 2 Final Sun 11 Oct at 12.00
Burrishoole V Kiltimagh, Ref: John McHale in Ballyheane;
Linesmen: Martin Roughneen and Pat Conlon

Bord na nOg Under 13 Football League Division 3B Final Sun 11 Oct at 11.00
Tuar Mhic Éadaigh V Balla, Ref: Martin Roughneen in Ballyheane;
Linesmen: John Mc Hale and Pat Conlon

County Minor A Football Championship Semi Final Sun 11 Oct at 2.00
Knockmore V Kiltimagh, Ref: Kevin Connelly in Castlebar;
Linesmen: Jimmy Feeney and Pat Conlon

South Mayo Junior A Football Competition Final Sun 11 Oct at 12.30
Ballinrobe V The Neale, Ref: Eamonn McAndrew in Hollymount;
Linesmen: Declan Byron and Gerard Canney

West Mayo Senior Football Divisional Cup Final Sun 11 Oct at 12.00
Tuar Mhic Éadaigh V Westport, Ref: Martin Walsh in Islandeady;
Linesmen: Martin Costello and Michael McHale

Davitt Man

cant believe the senior rel playoff replay has been put off this wkend because of club under 21 game...

venter

Disappointing result for Cross yesterday. I think Knockmore were easily the better team and were hungry for victory. They are putting together a decent side and will be hard to beat. Mcloughlin did very well tying up Joe Keane and we were well bet at midfield. I had a feeling we were going to miss Henry Mac.
O'Neill put on another masterclass in point scoring. He's some man. I'd like to see Knockmore win it at this stage as i think they have right mix to make a fist of connacht.

Shrule were pretty poor yesterday. Castlebar were giving far too much space to play nice football and could have been 10 points up at half time. When mortimer and Garvey came on in the second half, they got stuck in to the castlebar numbers 23 and 24 and started turning the game towards Shrule. Castlebar were deserving winners in the end. I think there will be a massive step up in intensity for them in the semi final.

macdanger2

Very good win for Knockmore, Cross never really looked liked winning it bar a few good scores at the end of the first half to draw level. I'd say Tom Nallen might call it a day, what age is he? And maybe drop James back to 3?

Very disappointing for Munnelly if he misses the final. He won some very good ball yesterday although he tends to be easily disposessed.

Did anybody else think that the ref was awful? He gave frees in the first half particularly for the slightest little touch - no wonder we get a shock when we hit croke park and the players don't get frees for just falling over. Perhaps a lot of them were frees by the letter of the law but we need to start applying the same standards at club level as are applied at county level.

O'Neill was excellent, his point from play from outside the 45 in the 2nd half was class. He really showed the old cuteness as well in the first half when knockmore won a free about 60yds out, he got the ball and blasted into the back of a Cross player. The ref then moved it forward 13yds for obstruction and he popped it over the bar......