Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 30, 2009, 09:55:06 AM
Quote from: Davitt Man on September 30, 2009, 09:25:13 AM
The atmosphere in McHale Park for a club game is very poor, imagine a packed Ballina for the Cross v Kmore game, it would be a great atmosphere and the players would feed off this and give us a great game.

I agree. Its better to play in intimate venues that would be packed, rather than a big stadium that looks empty. It creates a good atmosphere as your closer to the action in a smaller venue like Ballina.

Not to mention the fact that both clubs are only out the road from Ballina, bigger crowd guaranteed.

Idiotic decision

AbbeySider

Quote from: stephenite on September 30, 2009, 11:19:20 AM
Quote from: AbbeySider on September 30, 2009, 09:55:06 AM
Quote from: Davitt Man on September 30, 2009, 09:25:13 AM
The atmosphere in McHale Park for a club game is very poor, imagine a packed Ballina for the Cross v Kmore game, it would be a great atmosphere and the players would feed off this and give us a great game.

I agree. Its better to play in intimate venues that would be packed, rather than a big stadium that looks empty. It creates a good atmosphere as your closer to the action in a smaller venue like Ballina.

Not to mention the fact that both clubs are only out the road from Ballina, bigger crowd guaranteed.

Idiotic decision

The county board have the whole gate to themselves in McHale park.
I reckon they were thinking that they would make more from having it in McHale park because they wouldnt have to give the 10% cut to a club that would host the match in their home ground.

But as we eluding to, its ludicrous as they would get a bigger crowd in Ballina.

Then again, on the flip side. I know some lads that love playing in McHale park. There is a certain prestige to it, but in hindsight there is no big deal.

I thought the grass was a bit long myself in McHale park at the weekend, and the ground was fairly soft for the amount of rain that fell last week, as it was fairly dry elsewhere. They could have kept the grass long as to save the pitch but compared to Pearse Stadium and other venues in Mayo its not a great surface for clubs.
(but for Mayo matches its like a carpet)

Also a massive wide open pitch suits certain teams, and not others style so it does make a difference playing out of your run the mill club venues.

the Deel Rover

crazy decesion bringing the 2 north mayo clubs up to castlebar to play the semi final . there would be a savage crowd and a great atmosphere in ballina, now all we will get is the players playing in a ground with no crowd on three sides of the pitch and absolutely no atmosphere  >:(
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Davitt Man

its an errie experience watching a club game in McHale park, pity its not in Ballina

muppet

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 30, 2009, 12:22:34 PM
crazy decesion bringing the 2 north mayo clubs up to castlebar to play the semi final . there would be a savage crowd and a great atmosphere in ballina, now all we will get is the players playing in a ground with no crowd on three sides of the pitch and absolutely no atmosphere  >:(

It's the savages they are worried about.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

So when on Earth will the u-21 championship be finished? November or December I'm guessing at this stage.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

highorlow

Wouldn't rule out Knockmore this year. They have some big physical players in thier team and if the right ball is played into Kevin O'Neill i reckon they will take Cross in the semi and could well do it on the day in a final.

Anyone got the updated odds on the senior title now?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Farrandeelin

Ardnaree beat Parke by 5 points and Kiltimagh beat The Neale by 4 points in the Junior semis.

Farrandeelin

Burrishoole 1-6 Moy Davitts 0-9
Ballinrobe 1-4 Garrymore 1-6 in the Senior relegation

Crossmolina B 2-5 Bonniconlon 0-9 in Intermediate relegation

Intermediate Semi-Final
Kilmaine 0-9 Westport 1-10

mayo51

cross  0.06  knockmore 0.06  ht.  oneill with 5 frees.

mayo51

cross 0.06  knockmore 0.08.  10 min into 2ind half .kilcoyne just in the game and puts knockmore 2 clear

mayo51

knockmore have taken control and gone 4 clear with about 12 min to go

AbbeySider

What a result for Knockmore. Fair play

Mayo4Sam

Great result, fair play. Haven't been in a county final since KON left
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Terry Tate

Congrats to Knockmore. No complaints from me. The better team won. It would be nice to see KON when a county final, He was the difference today.