Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 28, 2009, 11:30:33 AM
Based on the first game out in cross they'll have more than enough for us but then we'll have KON for the full game this time. Kilcoyne is too much of a loss though. Ballina I presume?

I agree with Ballina seen as it's neutral. They'll hardly bring two north Mayo teams to Castlebar but you never know.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Davitt Man

Any word on the fixtures this wkend??

muscles magoo

Quote from: Davitt Man on September 29, 2009, 11:34:26 AM
Any word on the fixtures this wkend??

OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION OF FIXTURES FOR OCTOBER3/4                  
T F ROYAL HOTEL &THEATRE SENIOR JUNIOR AND INTERMEDIATE                  
SATURDAY OCTOBER 3RD AT 5.00 P.M                  
                  Venue
Ard na Ri      v   An Phairc         Charlestown
Ref. E McAndrew         Line;T Ward and J Finn         

Coillte Mach      v   An Eill         Claremorris
Ref. M Kenny         Line J Glavey and M Vahey         

Intermediate Championship Semi-Final at  Castlebar Sat.October 3rd at 5.00 p.m                  

Cathair na Mart      v   Cill Mheain         
Ref.L Higgins         Line;J Feeney and M Moran         

Intermediate Quarter Final         at Bangor   Sunday at 2.00 p.m      

Beal A Muirthead      v   Cill Chomain      

Ref. M Daly         Line;R Cosgrove and L.Devenney      

PLAY-OFFS      Sunday at 12.00 noon      Oct-04   Intermediate
Cluain Cearbain      v   Maolla      at Islandeady
Ref.M McCarron      Line M Costello and M Walsh         

Saturday October 3rd at 5.00 p.m            Inter-Play-off   
Croismhaoiliona B      v   Muine Chonnallain      at Ballina
Ref.D Corcoran         Line;L Devenney and B Holmes      

T F ROYAL SENIOR PLAY-OFFS            Saturday Oct 3rd at 5.00 p.m   
Burris Umhaill      v   Both Daibh Na Mua      at Crossmolina
Ref.K Connolly         Line;M Herr and R Cosgrove      

Baile An Roba      v   Garrai Mor      at Hollymount
Ref R Gurren         Line;J Boyle and M Tuffy      

T F ROYAL SENIOR CHAMPIONSHIP SEMI-FINAL SUNDAY OCTOBER 4TH               
Time 2.00 p.m               
Croismhaoiliona      v   Cnoc Mor      at castlebar
Ref.J Hughes         Line;C Collins and M Kenny      

SENIOR REPLAY AT CASTLEBAR AT 3.45               

Caislean A Bharrai      v   Sruthair GC      
Ref.V Neary         Line M McCarron and C Collins      

stephenite

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 28, 2009, 01:55:36 PM
Based on the first game out in cross they'll have more than enough for us but then we'll have KON for the full game this time. Kilcoyne is too much of a loss though. Ballina I presume?

I agree with Ballina seen as it's neutral. They'll hardly bring two north Mayo teams to Castlebar but you never know.

You never know indeed - stupid decision

Farrandeelin

They'll probably force us to go into the stand so we can suffer and get cold like last Sunday.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: OirthearMhaigheo on September 28, 2009, 11:55:32 AM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on September 27, 2009, 05:51:07 PM
Just home. 11-8 to Cross. Some finish. 13m free two minutes into injury time for Ballagh. Our crew were talking about the county final of 06 when Cross trailed by the same margin and McDonald and Gardiner combined in a similar free to equalise and win the replay and we were saying how ironic it would be if Ballagh would do it this time. Andy Moran drop kicked the ball, it hit the underside of the bar, bounced on the line and was cleared to safety. Final whistle soon followed.

Best team won though, Cross will take beating.

I don't know about that, I guess if you're talking about the most clinical team on the day then that was definitely Cross. All in all though Ballagh lost the game themselves, they were unbelievably wasteful after half time, which is very unlike them but I feel they kicked themselves out of it. Cross played second fiddle for most of the game and look a team well past its best. Davy K did a good job on Mac and James K lorded it at midfield, the ball into Barry Regan and Andy was shocking though and that was where the game was lost IMO (along with the wides after half time). Fair play to Cross, they took their chances well and Tom Nallen had a fine game on Barry Regan in the second half.
Charlestown appear to be the team to beat though and unless Cross find another gear or two I think they would beat Cross with a bit to spare if they meet in the final.

It was pretty much even in the first half. Ballagh had the edge in the third quarter but I don't think they once took the lead. Maybe they might have been wasteful but if they did take the lead I expect Crossmolina would have upped it immediately. The final quarter is where this game was going to be won and lost and Cross showed far more hunger than Ballagh. That's probably natural - Ballagh did win the county title last year so it was gonna be difficult for them to raise their game when it came to the cut.

Can't agree that Charlestown are the team to beat. It will be a close final. I reckon Crossmolina's cuteness will be key but they need to have a bit more edge in attack than they had the last day.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Terry Tate

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 29, 2009, 01:50:18 PM
They'll probably force us to go into the stand so we can suffer and get cold like last Sunday.

Your right there. What will it be like in March in the driving rain. It was fairly bitter there for a while on Sunday

Farrandeelin

Good man RGS, you have Crossmolina in the final without kicking a ball against Knockmore. ;)

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 29, 2009, 03:48:45 PM
Good man RGS, you have Crossmolina in the final without kicking a ball against Knockmore. ;)

Mea cupla! I was talking about a hypothetical final between those two teams and I do think Cross are the team to beat. But they'll know all about it on Sunday. O'Neill's injury is a massive worry though and will Kilcoyne be back in time? I was disappointed with Munnelly the last day. Does he not play as well when O'Neill is playing?
Baring a draw it will more than likely be the last game for either Kevin O'Neill or James Nallen and Ciaran McDonald. Worth going to for that reason alone.

ballinaman

Quote from: Terry Tate on September 29, 2009, 03:16:51 PM

Your right there. What will it be like in March in the driving rain. It was fairly bitter there for a while on Sunday

Ah lads, ya can't really blame them for the weather!

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: ballinaman on September 29, 2009, 09:53:18 PM
Quote from: Terry Tate on September 29, 2009, 03:16:51 PM

Ah lads, ya can't really blame them for the weather!

LOL! Well in! Daft that its not in Ballina but I ain't surprised.

moysider

Quote from: stephenite on September 29, 2009, 01:20:49 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 28, 2009, 01:55:36 PM

You never know indeed - stupid decision

Cant believe this. I have nt missed a Cross v Knockmore game in 20 years or more but I think I ll be giving this a miss. Unbelievably thick of them. Somebody is intent on ripping the soul out of Mayo football. McHale Park is a mausoleum when it comes to club football and indeed poorly attended county league games as well. No wonder so many people are losing interest. And it s not just spectators. Any player I ve talked to cant stand the venue for club games.

macdanger2

Planning on heading home for the Knockmore game, pity about the choice of location though, they're really trying to pull in as much cash as possible to pay for the new stand....

Also, why is the semi-final on as the curtain raiser???

What's this about O'Neill's injury worry??

Davitt Man

The atmosphere in McHale Park for a club game is very poor, imagine a packed Ballina for the Cross v Kmore game, it would be a great atmosphere and the players would feed off this and give us a great game.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Davitt Man on September 30, 2009, 09:25:13 AM
The atmosphere in McHale Park for a club game is very poor, imagine a packed Ballina for the Cross v Kmore game, it would be a great atmosphere and the players would feed off this and give us a great game.

I agree. Its better to play in intimate venues that would be packed, rather than a big stadium that looks empty. It creates a good atmosphere as your closer to the action in a smaller venue like Ballina.