All Ireland Club Champions 2001

mayo51

knockmore 0.11  ballintubber 0.09 ft     charlestown 5 .13 kiltane 4.06 ft

mayo51

cross 0.06  ballagh 0.04 ht  hanly not playing

mayo51

cross 0.08 ballagh 0.07  16 min into 2ind half

mayo51

CROSS    0.11            ballagh  0.08 ft.               belmullet 1.09 davitts 1.07 ft

Halfquarter

Quote from: mayo51 on September 27, 2009, 05:23:43 PM
CROSS    0.11            ballagh  0.08 ft.               belmullet 1.09 davitts 1.07 ft

Thanks for posting the results ,mayo51,good stuff.

RedandGreenSniper

Just home. 11-8 to Cross. Some finish. 13m free two minutes into injury time for Ballagh. Our crew were talking about the county final of 06 when Cross trailed by the same margin and McDonald and Gardiner combined in a similar free to equalise and win the replay and we were saying how ironic it would be if Ballagh would do it this time. Andy Moran drop kicked the ball, it hit the underside of the bar, bounced on the line and was cleared to safety. Final whistle soon followed.

Best team won though, Cross will take beating.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Farrandeelin

Knockmore very lucky to win the game despite the great start. The forwards need to kick the ball over instead of going over and back across the opponents goalmouth when they get near it. Crossmolina will be favourites after knocking out the county champions. I left the second game at half time.

Charlestown must've been good against Kiltane. Still my favourites to be outright champions.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

I can't believe the semi-final is next weekend. I thought they'd leave 2 weeks between the quarterfinals and semifinals. Obviously Charlestown get a 2 week break but it'd be nice if Cross and Knockmore got that as well.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

the Deel Rover

Sure thats typical no games all summer and then a big rush to play them off . The only thing is the winner of that game will have a longer break for the final . It suits knock more them been the younger team
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

From the Bunker

Crazy Junior Quarter final in Breaffy, the score was 0-01 to 0-01 between Parke and Islandeady at half time. Parke got a purple patch at the midpoint of the 2nd half where they pulled away on a scoreline of 1-05 to 0-01. Very disappointed in Islandeady......Thought they would give Junior a final crack this year. As for Parke, they are better than this but will have to up a long way to beat Kiltimagh.

RedandGreenSniper

The Parke game was 0-1 to 0-0 at half-time! Islandeady scored that point in injury time, just when a scoreless first half looked a certainty! Twas unbelievable.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

venter

Great win for Cross. When Ballagh pulled level at 07 points all and Andy Moran was starting to run riot it did not look good for us.

Joe Keane senior steadied the ship and won and carried some great ball to get tho e vital last few scores. I thought best for us were Ronan rochford, Mark Leonard and the two Joe Keanes. Gabriel was good around the middle too. We are badly missing Henry Mac to help Gabriel out around the middle. We need more strength around that area to compete with Knockmore.

Mayo4Sam

Based on the first game out in cross they'll have more than enough for us but then we'll have KON for the full game this time. Kilcoyne is too much of a loss though. Ballina I presume?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

OirthearMhaigheo

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on September 27, 2009, 05:51:07 PM
Just home. 11-8 to Cross. Some finish. 13m free two minutes into injury time for Ballagh. Our crew were talking about the county final of 06 when Cross trailed by the same margin and McDonald and Gardiner combined in a similar free to equalise and win the replay and we were saying how ironic it would be if Ballagh would do it this time. Andy Moran drop kicked the ball, it hit the underside of the bar, bounced on the line and was cleared to safety. Final whistle soon followed.

Best team won though, Cross will take beating.

I don't know about that, I guess if you're talking about the most clinical team on the day then that was definitely Cross. All in all though Ballagh lost the game themselves, they were unbelievably wasteful after half time, which is very unlike them but I feel they kicked themselves out of it. Cross played second fiddle for most of the game and look a team well past its best. Davy K did a good job on Mac and James K lorded it at midfield, the ball into Barry Regan and Andy was shocking though and that was where the game was lost IMO (along with the wides after half time). Fair play to Cross, they took their chances well and Tom Nallen had a fine game on Barry Regan in the second half.
Charlestown appear to be the team to beat though and unless Cross find another gear or two I think they would beat Cross with a bit to spare if they meet in the final.