Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

venter

Selections

Knockmore (outright winners)
Charlestown
Crossmolina ( hopeful selection)
Shrule/Glencorrib

All tight games, except maybe charlestown/Kiltane. but you never know what could happen there either. Didnt Garrymore draw with Charlestown earlier in the championship.

Farrandeelin

Can't see Knockmore winning the competition outright venter. I fear Crossmolina/Ballaghaderreen will go through to the final from our side of the draw. Ballintubber flying it as well in the league.

Kiltane might put it up to Charlestown the more you think of it, and it is in Ballina which is tighter than Castlebar.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

highking

The Junior A championship consisted of 8 groups of 4 teams.
Thats 32 teams playing in the preliminary rounds of the championship...

Crazy!

Then, 2 teams from each group qualified for round 1 of the qualifiers (16 teams)
After that, you have the quarters.

All in all there is way too many teams playing Junior A

A lot of teams conceded and were getting hockied in the early stages of the campaign.
It should be seeded next year and a lot of teams should be playing in a B championship.
[/quote]

I agree. 32 teams in the one competition is a joke. Some of the teams in Junior would be pushing for a place in Division1B while some B teams would be just happy to field and get a game of football.

I think its time to have a JuniorA with 16 teams and a JuniorB competition with the rest. The likes of Ballycroy, Kilfian, Kilmovee, Eastern Gaels, Balla, Ardmoy and Lacken could then have something reasonable to aim for. A JuniorB county title would be a great boost for them, and would set them up nicely for the follwoing year.

Maybe this is something the county board should look at for next year....

Mayo4Sam

I had planned to head home today for tomorrows double header but heard last nite it's€25 for the new stand and €20 for the rest, a disgrace. I'll be following it from here
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

AbbeySider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 26, 2009, 11:45:08 AM
I had planned to head home today for tomorrows double header but heard last nite it's€25 for the new stand and €20 for the rest, a disgrace. I'll be following it from here

Sure whats €20 to see some of the best club football of the year.
It will be two humdingers

Mayo4Sam

Considering it was €35 for the all Ireland final it's v steep
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

AbbeySider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 26, 2009, 02:55:08 PM

I thought it was €90 for stand and €45 for hill  ;)

muppet

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 26, 2009, 04:56:11 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 26, 2009, 02:55:08 PM

I thought it was €90 for stand and €45 for hill  ;)

He got his ticket in Laois.
MWWSI 2017

RedandGreenSniper

Mitchels and Shrule was a draw. Mitchels 2-4, Shrule 1-7. Conor Mortimer converted a free in injury time to level the game. Terrible match. Mitchels looked like they'd the platform for victory in the first half with two goals (one a poxy one) but they pretty much declared with fifteen minutes to go and Shrule caught them at the end and actually had a chance to win it with the last kick of the game but Kevin Walsh shot wide.

Very disappointing game. I was expecting a thriller.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Tubberman

Yeah it was a poor game. Mitchels got a great start with a goal from Barry Moran, then got a fluke from a long ball in that goalkeeper and defender let bounce into the net. Shrule were shocking in the first half.
It was 2-01 to 0-3 at half time I think. Better second half, but that wouldn't have been hard in all honesty. A good goal from Mark Ronaldson after being setup by Mortimer got Shrule right back into it. They found it very hard to score from play though. They relied on C Mort's frees. Hopefully tomorrow's double bill will provide much better entertainment 
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

Needless to say they (Mayo Co Board) will fleece us fans to the limit until the debt on rebuilding/taking down long kesh is paid off. >:(

Looks like greeny is right after all! :o
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tubberman

Forgot to mention in the last post - it was 10 euro in for adults (8 for students/OAPs), and once you were in, you could go where you wanted - stand or terrace.
Not sure if the same price applies today since it's a double header, but the 20/25 price is wide of the mark I'd say.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

the Deel Rover

Knockmore leading 8 to 5 . 6 minutes gone in 2nd half . 10 yo yo s to get in
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

the Deel Rover

9 points to 6  12 minutes in to half
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

the Deel Rover

Knockmore leading 11 to 7 3 more o neil free s . 7 minutes plus injury time left
Crossmolina Deel Rovers