Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Really looking forward to the games this weekend - could be some great battles.
Will definitely be in McHale park for Sunday and might head in for the Mitchells v Shrule GC match on the Sat as well.
If I was to bet on the winners, I'd go for:
Shrule GC - seem to be flying this year and could make it back to final

Ballintubber - hoping more than expecting. Very difficult game to call against a tough Knockmore team. Hopefully a 1 point win  :)

Cross - don't think they have the engines anymore to go on a prolonged run, but will eager to get revenge on Ballagh
Ballagh can be inconsistent, and Maughan will have Cross in great shape you'd imagine.

Charlestown - haven't seem them in the flesh this year, but the results have been very impressive. They probably deserve a county title after the effort of the last couple of years.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

greeny

All the best to all you teams in Mayo - i hope you have a nice wee battle for the champo, but dont expect to go any further thats all im saying!

P.s. can i just add that the majority of mayo fans are obnoxious and have no manners at all!!  >:(

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: greeny on September 23, 2009, 07:45:08 PM
All the best to all you teams in Mayo - i hope you have a nice wee battle for the champo, but dont expect to go any further thats all im saying!

P.s. can i just add that the majority of mayo fans are obnoxious and have no manners at all!!  >:(

Yes Shane.
MWWSI 2017

AbbeySider

there is match odds up now on Ladbrokes but they are a bit shorter than PP I think

AbbeySider

Quote from: greeny on September 24, 2009, 03:31:28 PM
Ive a good bet for ye's.

I Bet no Mayo team will progress any further than one match into the provincial Series.

any takers?

Will you feck off if you have nothing proper to contribute.
You polluting the thread with shite. Grow up and stop looking for attention.

galwayman

I reckon Shrule have an excellent chance of winning it out this year if they could stay injury free.They have a lot of good footballers.I'd be from a club just down the road so would have seen them play quite a bit over the last few years.
They have been flying it this year especially

Foreverhopeful

Who the favourites for the junior?

moysider

Foreverhopeful

what kind of a team they have these days? Any potential stars

Foreverhopeful

thought parke and kiltimagh would be dead certs to reach final

RedandGreenSniper

Parke v Islandeady on Sunday will be some game. The winners will go a long way. The Neale will be decent while Ardnaree and Kiltimagh will take serious beating. Not sure how the draw plays out but it will be a very competitive championship. I'll go for Kiltimagh to sneak it.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

AbbeySider

Quote from: Foreverhopeful on September 24, 2009, 10:08:39 PM
thought parke and kiltimagh would be dead certs to reach final

Me too... Its between the two of them

Foreverhopeful

tough for teams trying to get out of junior and seeing parke and kiltimagh relegated down. Not very fair. Seems to be very competitive, even more so than the intermediate

AbbeySider

Quote from: Foreverhopeful on September 24, 2009, 10:55:49 PM
tough for teams trying to get out of junior and seeing parke and kiltimagh relegated down. Not very fair. Seems to be very competitive, even more so than the intermediate

The Junior A championship consisted of 8 groups of 4 teams.
Thats 32 teams playing in the preliminary rounds of the championship...

Crazy!

Then, 2 teams from each group qualified for round 1 of the qualifiers (16 teams)
After that, you have the quarters.

All in all there is way too many teams playing Junior A

A lot of teams conceded and were getting hockied in the early stages of the campaign.
It should be seeded next year and a lot of teams should be playing in a B championship.