Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: greeny on September 23, 2009, 01:19:10 PM
Easy on.

Can a man not voice his opinion. Ive attended both Mayo and Fermanagh Football matches this year - no doubt in my mind where the better standard of football is played (i.e. Fermanagh), and i am neutral to both counties. Ulster club football is miles ahead of the rest, look at all ireland 7s Kilmacud competition last weekend, says it all really.

Truth hurts!

No offence meant, you need a think skin to post on Mayo threads  ;)

Any team worth their salt are still in their respective senior club championships!
Id say that any clubs playing a 7's competition are long out of their Senior championships so they have time for mickey mouse competitions like Kilmacud 7's.  :D

But if thats your standard your comparing your self too, then good for you.

ludermor

4/1 for kiltane is a crazy price in a two horse race id be kicking myself if they upset the odds i didnt take them odds!
Their is absolutly no pressure on Kiltane and they have pretty much as strong as squad as they can field at the minute with a lot of lads back from their travels and injuries.

stephenite

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 23, 2009, 01:25:04 PM
Quote from: greeny on September 23, 2009, 01:19:10 PM
Easy on.

Can a man not voice his opinion. Ive attended both Mayo and Fermanagh Football matches this year - no doubt in my mind where the better standard of football is played (i.e. Fermanagh), and i am neutral to both counties. Ulster club football is miles ahead of the rest, look at all ireland 7s Kilmacud competition last weekend, says it all really.

Truth hurts!

No offence meant, you need a think skin to post on Mayo threads  ;)

Any team worth their salt are still in their respective senior club championships!
Id say that any clubs playing a 7's competition are long out of their Senior championships so they have time for mickey mouse competitions like Kilmacud 7's.  :D

But if thats your standard your comparing your self too, then good for you.

Any man that thinks Lisbellaw have a hope in hell in the Ulster club hurling championship can't exactly be considered sane enough to have any knowledge about Mayo club football :D

Farrandeelin

Ah leave the little hoor alone, he just wants to get another dig at us after losing on Sunday, trying to provoke a reaction. I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't writing off Crossmolina's chances.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 23, 2009, 01:50:12 PM
Ah leave the little hoor alone, he just wants to get another dig at us after losing on Sunday, trying to provoke a reaction. I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't writing off Crossmolina's chances.

I just noticed...
that was you post number...

1951  :o  :D

greeny

Come on now lads, no need to get worked up about the whole thing. Standards have dropped, doesnt mean that Mayo football is finished. All im saying is that at the minute I cant see any club team from Mayo competing with any Ulster county winners.

Face facts lads, yes are rubbish!

P.s. Lisbellaw are a very good hurling side, so to pass comment on a team that you know very little about is un-called for!

ludermor

Very poor effort, 2/10.
Must try harder.

AbbeySider

Charlestown are into 7/2 to be outright winners with PP.
Someone had a little flutter on them at 4's very recently.

Anyway...
I might do an accumulator on PP.

I dont get the betting options... can anyone explain them?

Say I was backing 4 teams this weekend, you have various options:

Singles (4)                 
Accumulator: (1) from (4)
Lucky 15: (15) from (4)
Yankee: (11) from (4)
Doubles: (6) from (4)
Trebles: (4)

???

ludermor

No flies on this lad.

Stop trying, you're embarrassing yourself.
1/10

the Deel Rover

Quote from: greeny on September 23, 2009, 02:57:00 PM
Pathetic Reply ludor. I wouldnt even rate that attempt as worthy of a score!!

Mayo Club Football = laughable. I think i have made my point at this stage so ill leave all you little men to have your boring little chat about this joke football. Im away to chat to some posters from real footballing counties!  ;D

Enjoy the rest of your championship cos when it comes to the provincial titles you lot will be way off the mark!!

Away with ya then we will have to try and survive without your valuable input   :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

the Deel Rover

ah greeny would ya make your mind up are ya gone from this thread or not. there must have been feck all posers from real footballing counties to chat to i assume ;) . also by the way the club championship has been won by two dublin clubs the past 2 years ;D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

RedandGreenSniper

Gonna be some humdingers this weekend! Really looking forward to them. Will go to all but the Charlestown Kiltane game (clashes with the double header in Castlebar).

Greeny, all his childish antics aside, is right. The level has dropped. We won't see a Mayo team win the All-Ireland. But that actually makes it a very intriguing club championship because imo seven of the eight teams have realistic chances of winning it out (I don't think Kiltane do, but I wouldn't rule out an upset on Sunday). Ballagh, Cross and Charlestown would be the three stand out teams but Knockmore, Shrule, Mitchels and Ballintubber wouldn't be too frightened about facing any of them. I reckon we could have a cracking knockout stage for the senior championship.

I reckon people are very premature to write of Castlebar. I think they've more than enough to beat Shrule and I wouldn't read too much into the Garrymore result. What will be important is how long Niall Lydon is able to play for. He's crucial. Douglas and Walsh will give them scoring options and they've always been strong from midfield back. Castlebar to win.

Crossmolina against Ballagh will be some game. People forget that Cross were beaten by Ballagh last year only by virtue of a flurry of goals at a crucial time. Up to that Cross were the best team and they'll be keen for revenge. I reckon a small bit of the edge may have gone of Ballagh after winning last year. We'll know more on Sunday but Cross to shade it.

Charlestown v Kiltane. I know Kiltane have a fighting chance and they are a club who traditionally are afraid of no one and well able to give a rattle to anyone. But I think they've regressed somewhat. I could be wrong but I reckon Charlestown will win comfortably. If they don't, it will be a lack of scoring forwards that will haunt them.

Ballintubber v Knockmore. Hardest game to call of the lot. Ballintubber sprung from the blocks with an unbelievable intent against Claremorris but there season has levelled off since then. Knockmore are beginning to look like the Knockmore of old, with a lot of their younger players looking more and more formiddable by the week. Ballintubber have ability in midfield in Jason Gibbons and Dean Gavin but KNockmore have men who will be well able to spoil them. Declan Sweeney could be marking his in-law Alan Dillon (where Sweeney would suffer imo) but we are more likely to see Howley or Shane McHale or Kevin McLoughlin given that key man marking job. I reckon KNockmore have the defenders to keep Ballintubber in check. Have they the forwards to do the damage at the other end? Kilcoyne is a massive loss but Munnelly and O'Neill are serious operators. Ballintubber are no mean defenders either. Ah feck I don't know how this could go. Like Abbeysider the fence is an attractive proposition. I'm going chance going for Knockmore with O'Neill's cuteness seeing him 'win' a late free which he will convert to win by a point!

Also keep an eye on the West Mayo derby in Breaffy on Sunday at noon between Islandeady and Parke. It will be explosive!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Mayo4Sam

Greny, as a man who has watched more than my fair share of fermanagh football in the past its laughable to think that a club scene which let the enniskillen win what 5 or 6 titles in a row compare themselves in the same league as mayo football. Any team with lads like kevin gunn, judgey or raymie curran as starters are a joke, wouldn't make an inter team in mayo. As for the likes of bradley, afraid of his shadow.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

greeny

Well thank god for that, eventually a man talking sense and agreeing with me. Redandgreensniper, fair play to you, you know what you talking about.

Will be in touch as the provincial series gets underway lads, and i will be diahing out large slices of humble pie, Good luck anyway (yous'll need it)  ;D

P.s. Mayo4sam, stop living in the past. Enniskillen won 6 in a row, cant argue with that, but the last of which in 03 was 6 years ago. Two of those players you have mentioned are not even playing football anymore, and in case you havent noticed Enniskillen Gaels are way down the pecking order at the moment!! Get your head out of the sand and face up to the facts!

Mayo4Sam

Sure mayo club football hasn't been strong since '97
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me