Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

No result on the radio for it either... Maybe the fact that both of them are relegated might have some baring on it. RGS might have the full story on this one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

REDCOL

Castlebar had a full team bar Aidan Walsh, Garry missing Heaney, Reilly, S Nally, Burke. Jimmy Killeen destroyed them scoring 2-7. Maybe Castlebar were not up for it, but they needed to win to stay in promotion race. They looked very ordinary.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 14, 2009, 08:07:22 PM
No result on the radio for it either... Maybe the fact that both of them are relegated might have some baring on it. RGS might have the full story on this one.

Called off because of a death in the Burrishoole area.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Farrandeelin

What happens now with the IFC?? I heard the teams that had to win/lose at the weekend drew.

muscles magoo

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 17, 2009, 09:42:47 PM
What happens now with the IFC?? I heard the teams that had to win/lose at the weekend drew.

Replay on Saturday.

Farrandeelin

AbbeySider

Senior championship quarter finals are nearly upon us!
Anybody with any predictions?

Shrule-Glencorrib Vs Castlebar Mitchels
Ballintubber Vs Knockmore
Ballaghadereen Vs Crossmolina Deel Rovers
Charlestown Vs Kiltane

muscles magoo

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 22, 2009, 02:37:41 PM

Charlestown Vs Kiltane

Shrule
Ballintubber
Ballaghadereen
Charlestown

StoneWall

Shrule-Glencorrib Vs Castlebar Mitchels - Shrule-Glencorrib
Ballintubber Vs Knockmore - Ballintubber
Ballaghadereen Vs Crossmolina Deel Rovers Ballaghadereen
Charlestown Vs Kiltane - Charlestown

Leaving semi finals:
Ballaghadereen Vs Ballintubber
Charlestown Vs Shrule-Glencorrib

With the winners of Ballaghadereen Vs Ballintubber beating Charlestown in the final.

Westport for the intermediate as they look to have the easiest path to the final with Mayo Gaels, Kilmaine or Achill in their way. Probably facing Swinford but the other side is a maze with Davitts and Belmullet facing a third game.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 22, 2009, 02:37:41 PM

Charlestown Vs Kiltane

Shrule-Glencorrib
Knockmore
Crossmolina
Charlestown

Don't write off Crossmolina just yet. I'll probably be wrong but I've a sneaky feeling they could go on to win the thing...

Mayo4Sam

Ballagh, k'more, charlestown & shrule. Ballagh v charlestown in the final. Hard to call at this stage. Would be great to see kiltane bate charlestown.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

greeny

Does it really matter who wins the Mayo Championship 2009? Standards have slipped so much in the county that the winners havent a chane of progressing in the provincial series!! I have attended a number of games this season, shocking football all together. Never seen worse. a group of 15 drunkards from any bar on a saturday night could compete in this championship, a farce and a disgrace.

AbbeySider

Quote from: greeny on September 23, 2009, 12:36:47 PM
Does it really matter who wins the Mayo Championship 2009? Standards have slipped so much in the county that the winners havent a chane of progressing in the provincial series!! I have attended a number of games this season, shocking football all together. Never seen worse. a group of 15 drunkards from any bar on a saturday night could compete in this championship, a farce and a disgrace.

Are you lost?
Feck off back to the Fermanagh threads.
15 homeless drunkards would beat any Fermanagh team you could put together!  ;) :D

greeny

Easy on.

Can a man not voice his opinion. Ive attended both Mayo and Fermanagh Football matches this year - no doubt in my mind where the better standard of football is played (i.e. Fermanagh), and i am neutral to both counties. Ulster club football is miles ahead of the rest, look at all ireland 7s Kilmacud competition last weekend, says it all really.

Truth hurts!

AbbeySider

Firstly I am looking at the very generous odds on Paddy Power for the Mayo Senior Club Championships...

Paddy Power: Mayo Senior Football Championship - Outright Betting (No Each Way) (as of today)

Crossmolina   3/1
Ballaghadereen   10/3
Shrule-Glencorrib   7/2
Charlestown   4/1
Knockmore   5/1
Ballintubber   9/1
Castlebar   12/1
Kiltane   33/1

Stagg Betting: Mayo Senior Football Championship - Winner (not sure about Each Way) (as of the Mayo News this week)

Ballaghadereen   7/4
Charlestown   2/1
Crossmolina   5/2
Shrule-Glencorrib   4/1
Knockmore   9/2
Ballintubber   6/1
Castlebar   8/1
Kiltane   16/1

(PaddyPower Odds Quoted)

Shrule-Glencorrib (4/11) Vs Castlebar Mitchels (5/2) in Castlebar 26/09/2009 17:30 (Draw 15/2)
Castlebar are quite lucky to have home advantage in these games but I dont think it will be enough for them to beat Shrule, who are going well. Castlebar losing convincingly to Garymore, with almost a full team wouldnt be the kind of result that Ford would have been looking for, only weeks before the quarters. Shrule had good wins this year, and topped their group, so with that sort of consistency I would expect them to win this one. Ronaldson and especially the Mortimors are really trying hard so I can see Shrule going very far if not all the way this year.

Verdict: Shrule-Glencorrib

Ballintubber (13/8)  Vs Knockmore (8/13) in Castlebar 27/09/2009 14:00 (Draw 13/2)

This one is very tough to call because of all the variables and unknowns on both sides. Knockmore lost to Shrule in the league on the 13th Sept although its hard to take anything from that as not many teams seemed to be showing their cards that weekend. In early Sept they had a 10 point win over Ballinrobe which could be more true to their form. They beat Ballina in the championship however they lost to them in late August in the league so they are blowing hot and cold. Ballintubber too have had mixed fortunes. Some decent wins in the league and the championship in probably one of the easier groups. Although through to the quarters, we laboured against Kiltane only managing a draw, and only narrowly beating Moy Davitts at home. It will take a huge effort to match Knockmore who are hot favourites and have the experience on their side. Its too close to call!

Vedict: Draw

Ballaghadereen (11/8) Vs Crossmolina (8/11) in Castlebar 27/09/2009 16:00 (Draw 13/2)
I cant see past Crossmolina in this one. Maughan will have the Deel Rovers one of the fitest teams in the county and the older guard will be giving it one last major push for another Senior title. For Ballaghadereen I sense that its hard to be consistant and do it all again a year later. I dont know if Barry Regan is firing as well as he was last year and Barry Kelly is reported to be injured. That Crossmolina full-forward line of Joe Keane and Benson is as good as whats out there. With Nallen playing well and McDonald playing like he has a point to prove they will take some stopping.

Verdict: Crossmolina

Charlestown (1/5) Vs Kiltane (4/1) in Ballina 27/09/2009 15:45 (9/1)
This game may not be as clear cut as is made out. They say the venue of Ballina is perfect set up for an ambush by Kiltane, who are always a sticky championship team. Its often harder to beat a team thats percieved as weak so there is an outside shot of an upset being on the cards. Charlestown will be raging hot favourites going into this one and that will suit Kiltane down to the ground. Charlestown are a fine outfit and perhaps deserved something out of their appearences in recent finals. A lot of Charlestowns scores will probably come from midfeild. Parsons and Ginger atatck down the middle making and creating scores. However, as well as Charlestown, Kiltane have a decent mid-field and if they can break even around the middle of the park you just never know how it will go. My head says that Charlestown should win it but its not set in stone.

Verdict: Charlestown